Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 12-07-2019, 02:55 AM   #1
synkrotron
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER 6 Layouts restricted to A, B and C?

Hello Peeps

I suppose that this is really directed to our R6 theme expert White Tie.

I am currently faffing around with the new rtconfig.txt file.

Clearly this is a major change over the old R5 rtconfig.txt file.

Completely different code, as best as I can tell skimming over it.

Anyway, my question is, are layouts in REAPER 6 (default theme) restricted to A, B and C?

A silly question in a way because the current Theme Adjuster only has those options anyway.

But I thought I'd ask

I am still desperately trying to get a simple divider track, same as I have in R5. I only really need two track types so I suppose I could settle on using A for my normal tracks and B as my divider track layout and then try to edit the Layout B in the rtconfig.txt file to make just the label visible.

cheers

andy
Old 12-07-2019, 03:51 AM   #2
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

No, nothing has changed. Everything is the same. Some new things have been added though

What's new : Modding the V6 theme is, by design, much easier than modding the V5 theme. There is a script that makes some of the modding user-level easy. The script only affects its nine sizes (A/B/C at 100/150/200) but the theme works the same as all themes always have. If you add new layouts you'll need to access them using the layouts menus, just like you always used to.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:09 PM   #3
synkrotron

Hi White Tie,

Thanks for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
No, nothing has changed. Everything is the same. Some new things have been added though
Okay, so I could copy some of the R5 code into the R6 rtconfig.txt?

It is the "strip" I am after... I'll give it a try and report back.

cheers

andy
Old 12-07-2019, 12:30 PM   #4
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Okay, so I could copy some of the R5 code into the R6 rtconfig.txt?
Indeed. That and the images it needs, 5 minute job. But don't bother, I've just done it for you

Just to reiterate : you'll need to access these layouts using the layout menus, like we all did back in ye olden days of ...last week.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:38 PM   #5
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Indeed. That and the images it needs, 5 minute job. But don't bother, I've just done it for you
Haha!

I was just coming back here to say, "It Works!"

But thanks for the theme cos I'll have a poke around to see what you have done and compare to my cut'n'paste jobby

Quote:
Just to reiterate : you'll need to access these layouts using the layout menus, like we all did back in ye olden days of ...last week.
Yes, I appreciate that, and I don't mind.

I'll post some pics in a bit...
Old 12-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #6
synkrotron

Default From here on may be dragons...

Well, I think I'm done now... Been pouring over code for many hours and I am at a loss when it comes to just one thing.

I'll post some pics.

This first one is the TCP layout that I was using in V5 prior to today's messing around:-

Note that the cyan "INSTRUMENT" track and the pink "EFFECTS" track are used as dividers only and will never contain any media items.

Also that, for those two tracks there are still some controls visible as I was using the R5 default theme, "ba - small layout"

Today I managed to find a Kenny video which helped explain how to unpack a theme and make some adjustments, including removing some controls, so now my R5 TCP layout looks like this:-

And the R5 MCP layout looks like this:-

The divider tracks are based on the R5 default theme "ee --- Strip Just the track name"

In my R5 theme I now have a new TCP and MCP track layout called DIVIDER.

I then copied a pile of stuff, including macros, into my modified R6 default theme.

This is the R6 TCP layout:-

Now the problem here is, for the life of me, I just couldn't suss out how to get the track ID (number) for my DIVIDER track over to the left to match the the other R6 tracks. I must have spent at least an hour, possibly two, looking over the code, experimenting with changing certain values, but to no avail.

That said, although it may not look great, it kind of does the job.

And this is the R6 MCP layout:-

The beauty of all the above (if you can call it that) is that I can switch between my R5 and R6 themes and the divider tracks remain the same. So I may be able to open older projects and be able to fix them quite quickly. I think...

And then, just fer laffs, I faffed around with the transport button layout because I saw it in another topic in this sub forum.

I didn't need to do it because I usually use keyboard shortcuts for all transport actions.

I tried copying over the old R5 button.

So now the button order matches that of the R5 default theme:-

I wish I knew what I was doing... I have experience in old Basic, Visual Basic and LISP in the past but I am finding this REAPER code very hard to understand.

Oh well, that's it for now

cheers

andy
Old 12-07-2019, 03:56 PM   #7
nait

^^ I like those dividers.. neat idea. Looks good and provides very obvious separation, helping those two sections stand out a lot more.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #8
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by nait View Post
^^ I like those dividers.. neat idea. Looks good and provides very obvious separation, helping those two sections stand out a lot more.
Thanks, yeah, that's all I wanted really.

I came from SONAR and that used busses which were over to the right with clear separation. When I picked up REAPER, around the demise of SONAR, I wanted that separation back.

cheers

andy
Old 12-07-2019, 07:01 PM   #9
synkrotron

Default DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!

Well, I have been busy... Way past my bedtime!

Anyway, I wanted to see if I could slim down both the tracks and the master track in the Mixer Control Panel.

The Master Track is a funny one for me because I only really use it for sticking a couple of plugs in the FX bin. I never solo or mute the Master Track. And in all my time I have been using REAPER (not that long compared to many) I never hit the (what is now called) Route button. so I did some tweaking to minimise the amount of stuff in the Master Track.

It is now looking like this:-

Looking at that picture it seems I could do with making the FX and Bypass button a bit narrower...

And then set about tweaking the width of the tracks. This required quite a bit more faffing around within the rtconfig.txt file trying to suss out which parameters to tweak to get the various elements to fit within the new width. I think I did as much as I could, which makes the R6 track slightly narrower than the R5 track.

They are now looking like this:-

I hasten to add that the tweaks undertaken do break a few things, like Borders, which I am unlikely to use anyway. What you see there is how I will now work in R6, with those dividers, narrower tracks and master track.

Right, it's 02:00hrs here now and I should sod off to bed...

cheers

andy
Old 12-07-2019, 10:27 PM   #10
Quasar

I've been trying to customize a v6 theme, and have been making some progress. I have a scrollbar I can see, rec monitors I can see, and have changed some of the png items such as routing, FX etc. to images I am used to and like.

The color dimming is good, the ability to center the transport controls is good. I like that the number bar can be bright white to show the selected tracks at a quick glance.

Deal-killers remain, including the lack of contrast in the selection, BPM, time sig and playback speed text, and the transport bar layout in general. I also wish to place the M and S buttons back onto the track and not have black space to the right of the meters. Going to continue to use my custom 5-based theme, but I am starting to see hope for a v6 theme I can live with at some point.

If I can learn how to insert this:

into the transport space using images and rtconfig, this would be huge.

And I have no idea why recarm tracks have a red VU meter. I want it to be the same, preferably gree/yellow and only red when clipping. Not sure what is up with that.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:05 AM   #11
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
I've been trying to customize a v6 theme, and have been making some progress.
Excellent

Quote:
I have a scrollbar I can see, rec monitors I can see, and have changed some of the png items such as routing, FX etc. to images I am used to and like.
I've not got that far yet and I am wondering if I should.

But I appear to have developed an addiction and here I am again, ready to faff for a couple of hours after breakfast.

I certainly wouldn't be comfortable with editing images. I think the best I could do would be to copy over some of the R5 images. But I am thinking I would rather embrace the new R6 images.

Quote:
The color dimming is good, the ability to center the transport controls is good. I like that the number bar can be bright white to show the selected tracks at a quick glance.
I've not tried the colour dimming yet. I may try that today.

Quote:
Deal-killers remain, including the lack of contrast in the selection, BPM, time sig and playback speed text, and the transport bar layout in general.
I was able to find the part which changes the text colour of selection, BPM, time sig, in the Transport section:-

set text_color [250 250 250]

Looks like this:-

I wouldn't even know where to start getting any of that stuff into images...

Quote:
I also wish to place the M and S buttons back onto the track and not have black space to the right of the meters.
Yes, I was wondering about that myself. At the moment, as you alter the height of the track in the TCP the Mute and Solo buttons stack vertically when they could probably stay in a horizontal aspect. Or are you thinking of getting rid of the black part and having the Mute and Solo buttons in the grey part?

Quote:
Going to continue to use my custom 5-based theme, but I am starting to see hope for a v6 theme I can live with at some point.
I am doing the opposite to that, trying to get R6 as I like it and eventually dropping R5 altogether.

Quote:
And I have no idea why recarm tracks have a red VU meter. I want it to be the same, preferably gree/yellow and only red when clipping. Not sure what is up with that.
[/quote]

I've just been having a look at that and I need to have a think as to whether I accept the new behaviour or try to work out how to change it.

I have just tried arming a track for record.

As long as the signal is not clipping the meter colour is orange (not red) and remains that way until it clips.

Once the signal has clipped the meter colour changes to magenta and remains that way until reset, by clicking on it.

One reason for me leaving it alone is I have a consistent hardware setup and I have already set all the levels to suit what I want to record. Guitar is the only input that is likely to clip and I alter the input level to suit whether I am playing lead or rhythm.

Okay, off to do some more experimenting

cheers

andy
Old 12-08-2019, 04:08 AM   #12
MatthewBagar

Hey guys. I'm new to these things and I've never done it before. I would love to have my master track as a session mixer. I have my master track on the left side of the monitor but in the new theme it's freaking big. I love session mixer look because it's thinner. Here's my theme already colorized as I want. What do I need to do?
Attached Files
File Type: reapertheme Default_6.0.ReaperTheme (9.4 KB, 275 views)
MatthewBagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:15 AM   #13
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewBagar View Post
Hey guys. I'm new to these things and I've never done it before.
Same here

Quote:
I would love to have my master track as a session mixer. I have my master track on the left side of the monitor but in the new theme it's freaking big. I love session mixer look because it's thinner. Here's my theme already colorized as I want. What do I need to do?
Do you have a screen shot?

I don't want to click on your theme attachment as I am worried that it might change my default theme.

cheers

andy
Old 12-08-2019, 04:30 AM   #14
MatthewBagar

Yes I have But I will post URL to the image. For some reason I cannot upload image because I have an invalid size. Really strange cause it says that I need max 800x600 image. My screenshot had 120x750 and some of the images above are even larger

So here's my layout now. Unfortunately this is just really big:
https://i.imgur.com/vIEPHmM.jpg

And here's what I would love to have in the new 6 version theme:
https://i.imgur.com/9imufe5.jpg
MatthewBagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:44 AM   #15
synkrotron

Well, it is definitely possible to do that in the rtconfig.txt file but I am not able to do it myself at the moment.

I am currently trying to learn some WALTER and it ain't easy, even though I've done coding before in other languages.

In my picture above, showing a narrower Master track, there are many elements removed and this may not suit you.

If I make any suitable progress I will let you know.

cheers

andy
Old 12-08-2019, 05:31 AM   #16
synkrotron

Default Update!

I have finally managed to get the track ID in the TCP for the DIVIDER track over to the left!

Phew!

There is an ever so slight difference between the far left edge of the DIVIDER track and the other tracks but I have failed to pin point which parameters to change.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:03 AM   #17
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron
There is an ever so slight difference between the far left edge of the DIVIDER track and the other tracks but I have failed to pin point which parameters to change.
It may be a difference in the image file(s) and not walter.
compare each file with your files to see if there is a difference.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #18
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
It may be a difference in the image file(s) and not walter.
compare each file with your files to see if there is a difference.
Thanks for the pointer, I will have a look at that
Old 12-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #19
Quasar

Quote:
Excellent

I was able to find the part which changes the text colour of selection, BPM, time sig, in the Transport section:-

set text_color [250 250 250]

Looks like this:-

I wouldn't even know where to start getting any of that stuff into images...
Super helpful, thanks! It doesn't work for the playback speed text, but if you scroll a bit further there's: set trans.rate.color, and if you delete the values and just insert the words: text color (as it already shows for the BPM).

I'm using 244,244,244 for RGB values for white font, as on my monitors at least it still looks white, but subdued just a wee bit.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:23 AM   #20
synkrotron

Okay, latest tweaks.

Still far from perfect.

The fader button clashes with the Mute, Solo and Route buttons. At this moment in time I am prepared to live with that, but when I get time I'll try to get my head around it.

And the divider tracks at the bottom are not quite working. That might be a simple fix so I will have a look at that next.

I had to make the MCP track a little bit wider and I faffed with some settings to make it so that the value at the top of the meter isn't slightly truncated.

I tried to make some notes as I was doing stuff but I could have missed something. I will post some chunks of code here and try to explain what I did.

Most of the changes were done within the macro for drawing the MCP (macro drawMcp scale).

This first bit allowed me to alter the width of the MPC track:-

Code:
set mcp.size                           		+ + \
						+ 	?narrowMode{0} \
						* scale [54 371] \
						* scale [77 371] \   ;--synk-- Tweak MCP width by changing first value in brackets
						mcp_meterExp_s{0}>0 [nchan_offs{0}] [0] \
						+ 	gapmode{0}>=1 * scale [14] [0] \
						!sidebarMode{0} [0] [extmixer_w_s] \
						* [0 0 0 scale{0}] + 250 * mcp_maxfolderdepth mcp_indent_s ; set the min height
My change is noted after the ";--synk--" and in this case it is the 77 value.

Because I made the MCP track narrower, next to do is to make the FX button narrower:-

Code:
set mcp.fx                               	+ [fx_sec 0 nchan_offs_twothird{0}] * scale ?narrowMode{0} [4 7 28 20] [7 7 34 20] ;--synk-- change width of FX button by changing third value in second bracket set
Again, I note the value changed after the ";--synk--", the value which is now 34.

The bypass button seems to follow that change so nothing needed to change that.

Code:
set mcp.pan   				 	?narrowMode{0} \
						h<hide_pan_s{0} [0] + [pan_sec pan_sec] 	trackpanmode==6 	+ [0 0 nchan_offs{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [3 6 48 9] [3 15 48 9] \
						trackpanmode>=4		+ [nchan_offs_third{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [28 4 20 20] [26 7 20 20] \
						+ [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [18 4 20 20] [18 7 20 20] \
						h<hide_pan_s{0} [0] + [pan_sec pan_sec] 	trackpanmode==6 	+ [0 0 nchan_offs{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [7 6 73 9] [7 15 73 9] \
						trackpanmode>=4		+ [nchan_offs_third{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [20 4 20 20] [20 7 20 20] \
						+ [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [28 4 20 20] [28 7 20 20] ;--synk-- Change lcoation of Pan control: First value in the last two brackets
The value 28 in the last two brackets of the last line of this code is changed.

Next to change is the location of the pan label:-

Code:
set mcp.pan.label                      		?narrowMode{0} \
						!panLabelsMode{0} [0] + [pan_sec mcp.pan] trackpanmode>=4 trackpanmode==6 + [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale [11 -11 35 9] + [nchan_offs_half{0}] h<hide_input_s{0} [0] * scale [17 25 35 10] + [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale [10 25 35 10] \
						!panLabelsMode{0} [0] + [pan_sec mcp.pan] trackpanmode>=4 trackpanmode==6 + [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale [23 -11 40 9] + [nchan_offs_third{0}] * scale [8 25 35 10] + [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale [20 25 35 10] ;--synk-- First value of last bracket alters pan label location
Change noted after the ";--synk--

Next change is to the width of the Input button:-

Code:
set mcp.recinput                         	h<hide_input_s{0} [0] + [in_sec in_sec nchan_offs{0}] * scale ?narrowMode{0} trackpanmode==5 [0] [6 0 43 16] [6 0 65 16] ;--synk-- change width of Input button by changing third value in second bracket
Change noted after ";--synk--"

Next the fader is moved over a touch, which seems to fix the truncated text:-

Code:
set mcp.meter                            	?narrowMode{0} + * scale [4 4 21 -31] [stretch_sec stretch_sec nchan_offs{0} stretch_sec] \
						+ [stretch_sec stretch_sec nchan_offs{0} stretch_sec] * scale h<hide_volume_label_s{0} [4 4 21 -4] !labelsMode{0} [4 4 21 -4] [3 23 21 -23] ;--synk move fader over a bit
Best way to explain what I have done here is show how the last to brackets of the bottom line looks in the original rtconfig.txt file:-

[4 4 20 -4] [4 23 20 -23]

That ever so slight tweak is all that was needed (I think)

Next is to change the location of the record arm button to suit the narrower MCP track:-

Code:
set mcp.recarm                           	+ * scale [0 0 36 24] ?narrowMode{0} - + [mcp.meter{2}] [stretch_sec stretch_sec] * scale [-1 17] \
						+ - [stretch_sec stretch_sec] * scale [-22 17] [mcp.meter{2}] ;--synk-- Change first value in brackets to tweak location of Record Arm button (this affects all buttons beneath...)
So it is the -22 value that has been changed. And that change also moves the location of the Mute, Solo and Route buttons.

I think that is is for the macro.

I don't use input effects when recording audio so I removed that by changing the value at which the Input FX button is hidden:-

Code:
set hide_inputFX		[2400] 	; height below which input effects is hidden. --synk-- changed to a silly number to permanently hide

Well, I think that is it.

I obviously have to issue a disclaimer here...

All of this code is offered as is and there may be errors. And I have only checked that it works for on particular REAPER R6 layout, referred to as "A"

I have also not done extensive testing that everything works when settings are altered with the Theme Adjuster.

So if this breaks something for you you will just have to revert to the default code, which you should have made a copy of before starting to mess around.

cheers

andy
Old 12-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #21
synkrotron

Quote:
Super helpful, thanks! It doesn't work for the playback speed text, but if you scroll a bit further there's: set trans.rate.color, and if you delete the values and just insert the words: text color (as it already shows for the BPM).

I'm using 244,244,244 for RGB values for white font, as on my monitors at least it still looks white, but subdued just a wee bit.
Excellent

I'll have to have a look at the trans.rate.color setting, thanks for that
Old 12-09-2019, 03:05 AM   #22
barbaroja

Thanks for this. It is fairly complicated for non power users tho. Is it possible you could share your modded config somehow? Can it be shared as a theme?
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:50 AM   #23
lowellben

Quote:
Deal-killers remain, including the lack of contrast in the selection, BPM, time sig and playback speed text, and the transport bar layout in general. I also wish to place the M and S buttons back onto the track and not have black space to the right of the meters. Going to continue to use my custom 5-based theme, but I am starting to see hope for a v6 theme I can live with at some point.

Tell me about it lol. I tried tracking a session with the blood red recarm meters and I was like NOPE. We're silly for associating red with clipping only, it's actually best if ALL your meters were red especially while recording and monitoring levels.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:21 AM   #24
lowellben

Hello. I've updated my rtconfig file exactly as you have coded. I still have a truncated metering value like -13.5 where the "5" is cut in half. The mixer strip looks altered for sure, but that value box area is not enlarged.

Can you tell me how you solved that specific issue where the meter value is no longer truncated? Thank you!

Quote:
Okay, latest tweaks.

Still far from perfect.

The fader button clashes with the Mute, Solo and Route buttons. At this moment in time I am prepared to live with that, but when I get time I'll try to get my head around it.

And the divider tracks at the bottom are not quite working. That might be a simple fix so I will have a look at that next.

I had to make the MCP track a little bit wider and I faffed with some settings to make it so that the value at the top of the meter isn't slightly truncated.

I tried to make some notes as I was doing stuff but I could have missed something. I will post some chunks of code here and try to explain what I did.

Most of the changes were done within the macro for drawing the MCP (macro drawMcp scale).

This first bit allowed me to alter the width of the MPC track:-

Code:
set mcp.size                           		+ + \
						+ 	?narrowMode{0} \
						* scale [54 371] \
						* scale [77 371] \   ;--synk-- Tweak MCP width by changing first value in brackets
						+ 	gapmode{0}>=1 * scale [14] [0] \
My change is noted after the ";--synk--" and in this case it is the 77 value.

Because I made the MCP track narrower, next to do is to make the FX button narrower:-

Code:
set mcp.fx                               	+ [fx_sec 0 nchan_offs_twothird{0}] * scale ?narrowMode{0} [4 7 28 20] [7 7 34 20] ;--synk-- change width of FX button by changing third value in second bracket set
Again, I note the value changed after the ";--synk--", the value which is now 34.

The bypass button seems to follow that change so nothing needed to change that.

Code:
set mcp.pan   				 	?narrowMode{0} \
						h<hide_pan_s{0} [0] + [pan_sec pan_sec] 	trackpanmode==6 	+ [0 0 nchan_offs{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [3 6 48 9] [3 15 48 9] \
						trackpanmode>=4		+ [nchan_offs_third{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [28 4 20 20] [26 7 20 20] \
						+ [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [18 4 20 20] [18 7 20 20] \
						h<hide_pan_s{0} [0] + [pan_sec pan_sec] 	trackpanmode==6 	+ [0 0 nchan_offs{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [7 6 73 9] [7 15 73 9] \
						trackpanmode>=4		+ [nchan_offs_third{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [20 4 20 20] [20 7 20 20] \
						+ [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [28 4 20 20] [28 7 20 20] ;--synk-- Change lcoation of Pan control: First value in the last two brackets
The value 28 in the last two brackets of the last line of this code is changed.

Next to change is the location of the pan label:-

Code:
set mcp.pan.label                      		?narrowMode{0} \
						!panLabelsMode{0} [0] + [pan_sec mcp.pan] trackpanmode>=4 trackpanmode==6 + [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale [11 -11 35 9] + [nchan_offs_half{0}] h<hide_input_s{0} [0] * scale [17 25 35 10] + [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale [10 25 35 10] \
						!panLabelsMode{0} [0] + [pan_sec mcp.pan] trackpanmode>=4 trackpanmode==6 + [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale [23 -11 40 9] + [nchan_offs_third{0}] * scale [8 25 35 10] + [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale [20 25 35 10] ;--synk-- First value of last bracket alters pan label location
Change noted after the ";--synk--

Next change is to the width of the Input button:-

Code:
set mcp.recinput                         	h<hide_input_s{0} [0] + [in_sec in_sec nchan_offs{0}] * scale ?narrowMode{0} trackpanmode==5 [0] [6 0 43 16] [6 0 65 16] ;--synk-- change width of Input button by changing third value in second bracket
Change noted after ";--synk--"

Next the fader is moved over a touch, which seems to fix the truncated text:-

Code:
set mcp.meter                            	?narrowMode{0} + * scale [4 4 21 -31] [stretch_sec stretch_sec nchan_offs{0} stretch_sec] \
						+ [stretch_sec stretch_sec nchan_offs{0} stretch_sec] * scale h<hide_volume_label_s{0} [4 4 21 -4] !labelsMode{0} [4 4 21 -4] [3 23 21 -23] ;--synk move fader over a bit
Best way to explain what I have done here is show how the last to brackets of the bottom line looks in the original rtconfig.txt file:-

[4 4 20 -4] [4 23 20 -23]

That ever so slight tweak is all that was needed (I think)

Next is to change the location of the record arm button to suit the narrower MCP track:-

Code:
set mcp.recarm                           	+ * scale [0 0 36 24] ?narrowMode{0} - + [mcp.meter{2}] [stretch_sec stretch_sec] * scale [-1 17] \
						+ - [stretch_sec stretch_sec] * scale [-22 17] [mcp.meter{2}] ;--synk-- Change first value in brackets to tweak location of Record Arm button (this affects all buttons beneath...)
So it is the -22 value that has been changed. And that change also moves the location of the Mute, Solo and Route buttons.

I think that is is for the macro.

I don't use input effects when recording audio so I removed that by changing the value at which the Input FX button is hidden:-

Code:
set hide_inputFX		[2400] 	; height below which input effects is hidden. --synk-- changed to a silly number to permanently hide

Well, I think that is it.

I obviously have to issue a disclaimer here...

All of this code is offered as is and there may be errors. And I have only checked that it works for on particular REAPER R6 layout, referred to as "A"

I have also not done extensive testing that everything works when settings are altered with the Theme Adjuster.

So if this breaks something for you you will just have to revert to the default code, which you should have made a copy of before starting to mess around.

cheers

andy
Old 12-10-2019, 08:46 AM   #25
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
Hello. I've updated my rtconfig file exactly as you have coded. I still have a truncated metering value like -13.5 where the "5" is cut in half. The mixer strip looks altered for sure, but that value box area is not enlarged.

Can you tell me how you solved that specific issue where the meter value is no longer truncated? Thank you!
Can you PM me the complete code for the drawMCP macro please?

It is possible that I could have missed something in my post or may be you have missed something. I will check it over for you.

I could give you my code but I would rather you worked it out for yourself.

At this moment in time my Mixer Control Panel looks like this (excluding the Mixer Track):-

I am still having a bit of trouble with the divider tracks and for some reason there is now a heavy border down one edge... I don't like that...
Old 12-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #26
lowellben

Sure I can send you my rtconfig, but FYI I didn't touch the "drawMCP" blocks at all. I just inserted and copied and pasted your modified code over my code here.

For example, for set mcp.size I replaced my:

set mcp.size + + + ?narrowMode{0} * scale [54 371] * scale [86 371] mcp_meterExp_s{0}>0 [nchan_offs{0}] [0] + gapmode{0}>=1 * scale [14] [0] !sidebarMode{0} [0] [extmixer_w_s] \
* [0 0 0 scale{0}] + 180 * mcp_maxfolderdepth mcp_indent_s ; set the min height

with your:

set mcp.size + + \
+ ?narrowMode{0} \
* scale [54 371] \
* scale [77 371] \ ;--synk-- Tweak MCP width by changing first value in brackets
+ gapmode{0}>=1 * scale [14] [0] \

etc.

And after all this, I don't have a fixed truncated meter Thanks!!

Quote:
Can you PM me the complete code for the drawMCP macro please?

It is possible that I could have missed something in my post or may be you have missed something. I will check it over for you.

I could give you my code but I would rather you worked it out for yourself.

At this moment in time my Mixer Control Panel looks like this (excluding the Mixer Track):-

I am still having a bit of trouble with the divider tracks and for some reason there is now a heavy border down one edge... I don't like that...
Old 12-10-2019, 09:11 AM   #27
synkrotron

Quote:
but FYI I didn't touch the "drawMCP" blocks at all
What do you mean?

I have attached the complete drawMCP macro as a text file. I tried to post here but there were too many characters.

Replace your drawMCP macro with the text in that attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: txt drawMCP.txt (11.0 KB, 266 views)
Old 12-10-2019, 07:48 PM   #28
lowellben

Oh ok. Sorry. I will try that now thanks.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:34 PM   #29
barbaroja

Any reason I do not see the themes you posted anymore?
Old 12-11-2019, 01:05 AM   #30
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
Any reason I do not see the themes you posted anymore?
Yes, I had to delete them because they took up all of my forum attachment quota and I wanted to upload a small text file.

I tried uploading them to my FTP, which worked, but when I tested that they downloaded okay I got an error.

To be honest I am having second thoughts on sharing my tweaked themes anyway because I clearly do not know what I am doing.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:54 AM   #31
_Stevie_

You can upload them to the stash.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:14 AM   #32
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
You can upload them to the stash.
Thanks for pointing that out Stevie.

Reason I am not going to do so, though, is that I am not confident of having a proper product worthy of going in the stash area... I am only tweaking an existing Cockos theme.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:18 AM   #33
_Stevie_

Just mark it as WIP or alpha and your OCD will be fine
Old 12-11-2019, 07:47 AM   #34
synkrotron

Quote:
Haha!

You've spotted my OCD "issue" then Stevie
Old 12-11-2019, 08:00 AM   #35
_Stevie_

Sure, suffering from the same thing... LOL
Old 12-11-2019, 01:37 PM   #36
lowellben

Quote:
Thanks for pointing that out Stevie.

Reason I am not going to do so, though, is that I am not confident of having a proper product worthy of going in the stash area... I am only tweaking an existing Cockos theme.
Many stash themes themers use the base Reaper theme at theirs, FYI I bet yours is great.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #37
nait

Users can be super finicky and nitpicky buggers, so that might play a part too. If I ever release a theme, it will be with disclaimer: "Use this theme as is. If it has issues, I may not make any changes, and I am not required to make any changes." lol

That said, I would honestly try and fix issues, but you may or may not be surprised by how demanding people get, even for free service.

Case in point, WT is building a completely free theme on his own time and someone rips on him for not providing progress updates.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #38
barbaroja

Quote:
This!
Old 12-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #39
Joe90

Thank you Synkrotron, your tips for reducing the mcp width worked well, and have saved me some time!
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:22 PM   #40
Joe90

Bear in mind when sharing - these 6.0 edited themes might not share well if they have edited png's. There are three sets of png's for each element on the mixer/tcp, they all need to be edited and replaced separately for the theme to work correctly at all different resolutions - Reaper intelligently switches the layout it's using if you go from a high resolution to a lower one.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote