Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 08-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
Paul Eye
Human being with feelings

Default FX add dialog opens randomly on startup (FIXED)

As the thread title indicates, the FX add dialog has a strange habit of randomly opening on REAPER startup. It doesn't matter whether "Auto-open FX add dialog when opening empty track FX chain" is checked or not, and I can't really think of any other setting that could cause such odd behaviour. I could of course just press ESC to get rid of the window, but it's not focused, so it doesn't receive any keystrokes. Anyway, this hasn't been happening until since a few versions ago, I'd say at some point between the 1.0pre and 1.0rc releases (unfortunately I can't be more precise than that, sorry).
Using 1.0 right now.

edit: Oh yes, I have a default project opening on startup, but the FX add dialog isn't opened for a specific track, it just opens (and has the OK button greyed out).

Last edited by Paul Eye; 08-26-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Paul Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:12 PM   #2
Art Evans
Mortal

Now you mention it, that's been happening here too, and it's indeed a little irritating. I thought it was some preference I'd set and intended to rummage around to find it.

I don't doubt J & C will fix it soon.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #3
Justin
Administrator

what it is, is, if you leave it open, and quit, it will be open the next time you run REAPER.. Have you guys found any behavior that doesnt match that (i.e. it being closed, then being open without you opening it)?

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
what it is, is, if you leave it open, and quit, it will be open the next time you run REAPER.. Have you guys found any behavior that doesnt match that (i.e. it being closed, then being open without you opening it)?

-Justin
I find it opens even when you've closed it before quitting. It doesn't seem to matter whether the FX dialog is closed when I exit REAPER. As long as I have opened the FX dialog at some stage during the Project, it will open automatically next time I start REAPER.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:48 PM   #5
endlessloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmj
I find it opens even when you've closed it before quitting. It doesn't seem to matter whether the FX dialog is closed when I exit REAPER. As long as I have opened the FX dialog at some stage during the Project, it will open automatically next time I start REAPER.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
I also find it opens randomly at startup - hadn't really checked into it, I just assumed it was a setting somewhere. I know it's not from having it open when I closed Reaper.
endlessloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #6
pipelineaudio
Mortal

fixed (I think)
pipelineaudio is online now   Reply With Quote