Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 02-22-2019, 06:06 AM   #1
wastee
Human being with feelings

Default Use ara2 melodyne in Linux REAPER

WINE REAPER works well with ara2. But Native REAPER can't load the project because vst3 melodyne miss.

We can't load vst3 with linvst. Ara2 in DDMF(VST3 to VST2 bridge) won't work.

There is a way, Native REAPER works with the project that WINE REAPER modified with ara2 melodyne.

1. Move the track to subproject that you need to work with ara2 melodyne.
2. Load ara2 melodyne in subproject. Do not load ara2 melodyne in main project.
3. Open the same project in Native REAPER.
4. Save subproject in WINE REAPER. The main project wave file will be changed.

I know it is a stupid way, but it's also the only way in this moment.
wastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 05:18 AM   #2
Mr. PC

If I'm getting this right, Melodyne won't work because of VST3, right? ARA etc. works it's only a VST3 issue?
Mr. PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 05:26 AM   #3
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. PC View Post
If I'm getting this right, Melodyne won't work because of VST3, right? ARA etc. works it's only a VST3 issue?
VST3 Melodyne 5 would work with yabridge if the DRM also worked under Wine. Right now it seems to check for your hard disk's manufacturer and serial number, and Wine currently just fills those fields with dummy data so Celemony probably just rejects those. I did not implement ARA2 support yet though because I don't really have the spare time for it right now and at the moment it would only really be useful with REAPER and Melodyne (neither of which I use myself).
robbert-vdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 05:30 AM   #4
wastee

@Mr. PC Some in #1 post are outdated.

Now i use yabridge develope by @robbert-vdh.

WINE REAPER also work with ara + wine vst3 melodyne5 (if the DRM also worked under Wine).

I still use WINE REAPER if i need ara.

Looking forward yabridge support ara, and melodyne DRM work find in wine.
wastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 12:07 AM   #5
Mr. PC

Oh, off topic now, but why does DRM need the hard disk's serial and manufacturer?
Old 09-04-2021, 08:32 AM   #6
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. PC View Post
Oh, off topic now, but why does DRM need the hard disk's serial and manufacturer?
More invasive DRM solution (like iLoK, Waves' DRM, and whatever Melodyne is using) try to do their best to prevent someone from activating the software on more than one or a handful of computers at a time. And to prevent you from just activating your software on one computer and copying the activation file to some other computer, they'll try to bind an activation to a specific hardware configuration. So if too much of that hardware changes (e.g., you swap out a motherboard, or you switch to a different SSD) then it can consider it an entirely different computer and it will invalidate your activation. Which in turn means that you'd need to either ask the plugin's developer for the activation to be reset, or you'll need access to the old hardware configuration (assuming it still works) so you can deactivate the license there first.
robbert-vdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:59 PM   #7
parhom

Since Melodyne now can be successfully activated (with some wine patching), I'm also looking forward to ARA suport in yabridge.
parhom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 06:59 AM   #8
Mr. PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbert-vdh View Post
More invasive DRM solution (like iLoK, Waves' DRM, and whatever Melodyne is using) try to do their best to prevent someone from activating the software on more than one or a handful of computers at a time. And to prevent you from just activating your software on one computer and copying the activation file to some other computer, they'll try to bind an activation to a specific hardware configuration. So if too much of that hardware changes (e.g., you swap out a motherboard, or you switch to a different SSD) then it can consider it an entirely different computer and it will invalidate your activation. Which in turn means that you'd need to either ask the plugin's developer for the activation to be reset, or you'll need access to the old hardware configuration (assuming it still works) so you can deactivate the license there first.
Hmmm, but regardless people pirate that software... that level of invasiveness creeps me out.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:47 AM   #9
Held

If anyone is looking for an alternative with a Linux friendly copy protection, check out Vielklang.

It's marketed as a plugin to add harmonies, but it also works great for pitch correction on monophonic material.

The workflow is a bit convoluted because it works as an instrument and you need to import the audio file. But if you do your pitch correction and bounce to audio, it's not that bad.
Held is offline   Reply With Quote