Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 04-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
Patyk1986
Human being with feelings

Default ASIO4ALL and Reaper rendering problem, please help

Hi
I have a big problem.Hope you will help me.I record guitars using a sb live with asio4all in Reaper.In the program everything sounds fantastic.Loud and punchy.But after rendering the file and exporting it to a wav/mp3 file it sounds way way way quieter than the original track in the program.In winamp/media player/audacity/whatever it sounds like crap.I think, that asio4all is not activated during that rendering process or something.Please help me !
Thanks
Patyk1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
Patyk1986

OK, I just realised what's going on.The playback and recording is controlled by the asio drivers and works great.But the rendering is done without it.It sounds exactly the same when I change from asio to direct sound in the options.So, what's the problem ? Why asio can't render the tracks ? ?
Old 04-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
JasonTheron

Welcome!

ASIO actually isn't a rendering encoder like LAME(mp3), it's the driver that enables Reaper to communicate with your sound card.

Where is you master fader set at in Reaper?

My Band - http://ischemiacore.com
Till's FR Vote Tracker - http://tillmannn.de/reaper.html -
Underground Music in Southern Oregon - http://www.myspace.com/sohcindustries
JasonTheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #4
Patyk1986

Master fader ? You mean volume ? It's rather low when in playback, because everything is loud and clear.After rendering its quiet and weak.Tried to raise volume way higher before rendering but it still is very quiet .
Old 04-19-2008, 09:19 AM   #5
teej813

hey patyk, and welcome.

Reaper renders exactly what you send it. If it sounds different, we have to assume the playback method is to blame. So info on how you're playing the rendered file back would be helpful.

For example, if you're rendering to a WAV file and playing it back through Media Player (which has its own volume control, EQ, and fx), it would sound quite different than if you played it back through Reaper.

In other words, whatever program you're playing the rendered WAV through may be reducting the volume.

So, i'd suggest you import the rendered WAV into Reaper to compare. You should be able to solo the render, then mute it, and not hear a difference.

Hope this helps some.

tj

Last edited by teej813; 04-19-2008 at 09:25 AM.
teej813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
Patyk1986

OK, I've tried.Guess youre right.In winamp I had to increase volume and do the same thing in the sound options.Now it's very similiar with the actual volume in Reaper.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
Patyk1986

OK, now I have another problem :P.Don't know why, but when I want to record a track the program automatically records the previous one onto it ! ?

OK found the answer.Thanks for the help !! CYA.

Last edited by Patyk1986; 04-19-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #8
teej813

Glad you got it figured out. For anyone else having the same problem, the solution is What You Hear

tj
Old 04-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #9
Samogone

Default The same

Quote:
Originally Posted by teej813 View Post
hey patyk, and welcome.

Reaper renders exactly what you send it. If it sounds different, we have to assume the playback method is to blame. So info on how you're playing the rendered file back would be helpful.

For example, if you're rendering to a WAV file and playing it back through Media Player (which has its own volume control, EQ, and fx), it would sound quite different than if you played it back through Reaper.

In other words, whatever program you're playing the rendered WAV through may be reducting the volume.

So, i'd suggest you import the rendered WAV into Reaper to compare. You should be able to solo the render, then mute it, and not hear a difference.

Hope this helps some.

tj
Hello!
I have the same problem. After rendering and playing in AIMP 3 (max vol) finished song is too quiet. But if i put it to reaper and play each of 1 (by solo-button) its the same volume. I send rendered song to friend and he say that its really quiet too.
Sorry for my poor english
====
After some time of trying i see that it sounds well ONLY if:
1. Render entire project to BEST *.WAV final composition (sure it will be quiet like before) (((((
2. Make new project in Reaper
3. Load rendered *.WAV from step 1
4. Render like you want to (mp3, ogg or another troll-format)
5. Voila! you have well-sound volume like must be.
====
But does anyone know another method?

Last edited by Samogone; 04-08-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Samogone is offline   Reply With Quote