Human being with feelings

Yes. I'm excited for this version.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #82
James HE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
no, I'll stay here with you :-)

Just for fun... i have done this little raw sketch based on apollo walter code.
the width knob looks not good... only a placeholder for the moment, as some other elements.
still not sure about this thing.
would be someone interested ?

Ok some further comments on this look.

I think the Meter background needs to be less dark, let the lights of the meter delineate where the meter is. I don't need Jack Sparrow's eyeshadow.

As is it the meter background detracts from the fader. This thing I like the most about the default is that you can so easily see the position of the fader. When the fader, all the buttons and switches are all so alike, the fader just sort of dissapears into the buttons.

For the same reason, pull back the contrast on the darker buttons.
James HE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:45 AM   #83
v98235

Quote:
Originally Posted by James HE View Post
Ok some further comments on this look.

I think the Meter background needs to be less dark, let the lights of the meter delineate where the meter is. I don't need Jack Sparrow's eyeshadow.

As is it the meter background detracts from the fader. This thing I like the most about the default is that you can so easily see the position of the fader. When the fader, all the buttons and switches are all so alike, the fader just sort of dissapears into the buttons.

For the same reason, pull back the contrast on the darker buttons.
An alternate way to improve separation is to leave all the buttons intact, and make the fader a nice chrome/silver finish much like that of Reaborn's but only brighter/shinier. I personally like the dark and defined buttons.
v98235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #84
henric

The width controls don't work for me with this theme. Anyone else have this problem?

Great theme though!
henric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #85
SoulOne82

Quote:
no, I'll stay here with you :-)

Just for fun... i have done this little raw sketch based on apollo walter code.
the width knob looks not good... only a placeholder for the moment, as some other elements.
still not sure about this thing.
would be someone interested ?

me like it

but i hear the faders are screaming for drop shadows
SoulOne82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #86
lampshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by henric View Post
The width controls don't work for me with this theme. Anyone else have this problem?

Great theme though!
hi henric,

question on this I have already answered on page 1.

copy & paste
------------------------------------------------
sorry my english is not good but i will try to explain this behaviour.

when you right click on the pan knob in the tcp and change the pan mode it also change the pan mode on the mcp.(green led)

otherwise the width control has no function... even if you see it and the width value change... you can turn the width knob as much as you want, it does not change the width. (the indicator for an active width knob on the tcp in this theme is the width label that you will see when you have enough height... next to the pan label)

in other themes where the width control is allways visible, it is a little bit irritating because you see it, but it does nothing until you change the pan mode.
that`s why in the apollo theme you have the small little green led... i wanted to see the control knob but have a indicator that show me when it`s active. this way it is not irritating anymore.(at least for me)

it`s like a custom implemented feature through some walter code and images. :-) . you can do so much with walter and an intelligent image placement...

we are all standing at the beginning with this tool and it needs some experience from the themers ...you will see in the near future what is all possible what you can not even imagine now.

look at the default theme... you see there is no width control until you change the pan mode.

one thing i notice in other themes is the width control on the master channel... as far as i understand it... the master channel has not any width control... so you don`t need it there.

i hope you understand what i mean... my english is really bad.

bye
------------------------------------------------

@James HE
I'll try to answer your questions later when I have more time
lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #87
Nandhu Kartha

Quote:
if you've made ​​changes only with the theme editor, then you don`t need to replace the rtconfig.
if you`ve replaced the rtconfig from beta 2 then you are missing the new layouts.
Bro,

I replaced the rtconfig file of Apollo b2 with that of my tweaked b1. All new b2 layouts are available.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg To LS.jpg (37.2 KB, 2491 views)
Old 01-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #88
Billy M

Excellent work, Lampshade! Is there any way to have a layout/option to hide the child tracks of a folder when "folded" in the TCP? I use a lot of folders, and when the child tracks are "folded up" completely, they take up a lot of space. The Reaction theme does this by default.

Thanks for all the hard work on this great looking theme!

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks
Billy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #89
romik

How can I view FX parameters in MCP? I can see an option to enable them in TCP, but not in MCP. Cheers!
romik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #90
kindafishy

I wasn't so sure when looking at the screenshots because it seemed a little overly busy and colourful for my tastes, but I decided to give it a whirl anyway due to the comments in this thread.

The screenshots don't do this theme justice. It has to be seen in action. Once one is used to the use of colour and the placement of everything, it becomes very easy to quickly glance over many tracks and get an instant understanding of the overall state of the project.

This theme made a positive improvement in my workflow.

Many thanks for this, lampshade. I think it's excellent.

Oh shiznatz. I just noticed that you added new layouts. Beautiful. Downloading now...
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:37 AM   #91
lampshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy M View Post
Excellent work, Lampshade! Is there any way to have a layout/option to hide the child tracks of a folder when "folded" in the TCP? I use a lot of folders, and when the child tracks are "folded up" completely, they take up a lot of space. The Reaction theme does this by default.

Thanks for all the hard work on this great looking theme!
hi Billy M,
i will look at it and possibly change it for the final version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romik View Post
How can I view FX parameters in MCP? I can see an option to enable them in TCP, but not in MCP. Cheers!
hi romik,
click on the mixer menue on master mcp and tick "show fx parameters when size permits"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
I wasn't so sure when looking at the screenshots because it seemed a little overly busy and colourful for my tastes, but I decided to give it a whirl anyway due to the comments in this thread.

The screenshots don't do this theme justice. It has to be seen in action. Once one is used to the use of colour and the placement of everything, it becomes very easy to quickly glance over many tracks and get an instant understanding of the overall state of the project.

This theme made a positive improvement in my workflow.

Many thanks for this, lampshade. I think it's excellent.

Oh shiznatz. I just noticed that you added new layouts. Beautiful. Downloading now...
hi kindafishy,
there have been several people wrote that the screenshot is not particularly well. i'll change the picture.

thank you.
lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #92
flipotto

Default fx meters and Multichan (6) tracks not showing colors.

Hey -
Thank you so much for the great theme.
I very much enjoy it.
I was reading the manual (pdf from Geoff) and experimenting with the fx routing examples, near the end. Also - cool stuff...

I noticed that the FX windows for js plugins possibly others don't have color for the meter.
I also noticed that when I added a 6 chan track the meters don't have color either. The theme does have color for 4 chan tracks but not 6.

[IMG]http://img221.**************/img221/3577/apolloscreennocolormixe.jpg[/IMG]

Is there any way to have colors for those meters too?
Please.

Thanks.

Last edited by flipotto; 02-02-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Add image to clarify
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #93
jorikello

Dudes, I`m new on Reaper. How must I install this theme? I mean I launch zip file, But reaper start as classic. What shaould I do with additional folder coming with this theme? Thanks!
jorikello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #94
Billy M

Download the file then drag and drop into Reaper. It's a ReaperThemeZip
file - no need to unzip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorikello View Post
Dudes, I`m new on Reaper. How must I install this theme? I mean I launch zip file, But reaper start as classic. What shaould I do with additional folder coming with this theme? Thanks!

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks
Billy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #95
Superfly76

Beautiful work lampshade! I especially love the colors and general look of the Arranger Area. I find it really easy to see what's going on with my media items. Beautiful!

Out of curiosity, were you a Samplitude user? The reason I as is that this layout reminds me a lot of Samplitude, especially the Camo skin. I'm coming from Samplitude myself, and I find this theme very comfortable and easy to use. Though it reminds me of Samp, it's a huge step above in terms of form and function. The nice thing is that with this skin, my client's won't even realize that I've switched hosts on them!

I've been using this theme for the last 2 days and I like it so much that I've created a custom color palette for track colors that match with the theme. I'll post a screenshot in a second.

Again, I really like the Arranger Area! So clean and clear.

I also like how easy it is to instantly differentiate between track sends and inserts on the mixer. Love the colors you chose, even the yellow.

Great job!
Old 03-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #96
romik

Is it possible to change colour of meters? I tried in theme editor, but it made no change.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #97
Jorgen

My favorite so far.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #98
DarkStar

Q: is there a way to display plugin parameter knobs in the Master track TCP?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #99
Smurf

Is there a was to make the entire Track View one color, like in Pro Tools?

I have been working on really getting organized as I mix, and when coloring the Tracks the only thing that gets color is the Name window, while the rest of the track stays gray.

It would be a lot easier on the old eyes if each track got fully tinted and not just the name window.

And no, this is NOT a complaint at all, just something that would help my workflow. Apollo has been my default them forever, so it is not like I think there is anything wrong with it!

**Got it......**

Last edited by Smurf; 04-15-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Found Solution....
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #100
Sigilus

this is STILL my favorite theme by far.
Sigilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #101
tls11823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth R. View Post
this is STILL my favorite theme by far.
Same here. I try most of the new stuff that comes out, and always end up going back to this one. It just works for me functionally and it's easy on my eyes. I'm thrilled with the number of controls I have access to on the TCP with a minimal track height. Can't think of anything to gripe about.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:43 AM   #102
driftingmuppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennisixx View Post
lampshade I feel like I am at home again
I'll second that! Reaper feels so comfortable with this theme. Excellent work Lampshade. Thanks for making my favourite theme
driftingmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #103
Superfly76

A few months later and I'm still using this theme everyday. This theme really works for me. I love it.

I wonder what happened to Lampshade? I haven't seen him around the forums since January I believe. Anyway, if you are still out there Lampshade, just want to let you know how much I love this theme!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #104
keys

Echo Superfly's comment. Apollo V4 has been my default since its first release. Thankyou Lampshade.
keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #105
romik

Hopefully Lampshade won't be mad at me, I did a hybrid modification of the wonderful Apollo, adjusted the colours as in Pro Tools (I really like them that way), changed colours on RMS meter on master fader and borrowed volthumb from the Rado theme (love Gold).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modified.jpg (57.4 KB, 394 views)
Old 04-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #106
hotsaucejalapeno

Default Thanks a lot >:(

Thanks a lot lampshade! I can't get any work done now that I'm using your theme.... I keep getting distracted by how beautiful it is Haha, seriously, this is the BEST THEME EVER! I love the attention to detail as well! Maybe make it a little uglier, so I can stop getting so distracted?

^ Haha that was a joke, just in case anyone was wondering
hotsaucejalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:13 AM   #107
g8torcliff

Thanks for the great theme. I've always used your themes and now I have this one which I really like.

I'm having one problem though. When I drag my mouse across empty tracks, it disappears. It will only show up on a track that has something on it. Is there a way to make it show all of the time? I've looked through the theme settings and can't find anything.

tia

cliff
g8torcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:34 AM   #108
witti

Do you see something like this ?

Then that's normal. It has nothing to do with a theme.
You can replace cursors by putting your custom made cursors into the Reaper/Cursors folder.

Some help can be found here
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/sdk/cursors/cursors.php

(Hey, my first post in the original Apollo4 thread ! )

Last edited by witti; 09-13-2013 at 04:20 AM.
witti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #109
Jeffsounds

I really like the meters having -12 and -18 on them! Seems like all other meters have the numbers 10, 16 and 22 but we're supposed to mix to either -12 or -18. So it's a guestimate... unless I'm misunderstanding something...
Old 05-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #110
witti

I use my own mod of this (great) theme, so i'm not quite sure, but from what i can see from the screenshots and from what i can remember the color separation is at -6 and -18.

BTW, this is the funniest picture ever posted in these forums.

Quote:
witti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #111
g8torcliff

Thanks....

I guess my gridlines need some adjusting....they are the same as the cursor which must be why it is disappearing.

cliff

p.s. agree on that picture..... ^^^
g8torcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #112
EJ James

Installed this theme + SWS...all I can say is WOW.

Love it!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #113
VoxNumana

Great theme. Thank you
VoxNumana is offline   Reply With Quote