Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 08-23-2015, 05:32 PM   #1
tobiah
Human being with feelings

Default Kontakt VSTi only sees two output channels now

New hard drive/install: I tried the 'Add virtual instrument on new track...' thing like I normally do, but instead of Kontakt having four stereo pair outputs, it just has one, and the other three tracks that Reaper makes are connected to the first three Aux outputs of Kontakt. I try adding more outputs in Kontakt VST, and it will, but I can only connect those outputs to the first two Reaper channels. Nothing else is available. I tried doing this by hand with the same problem. I create an 8 channel track, then add the 8 out Kontakt VSTi to the effects chain. It only comes up with one regular output, and again, I can add more outputs manually, but am restricted to the same two Reaper channels as a viable route, aside from the Aux outs.

Thanks for any help!

Tobiah

Last edited by tobiah; 08-23-2015 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Typos
tobiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #2
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiah View Post
New hard drive/install: I tried the 'Add virtual instrument on new track...' thing like I normally do, but instead of Kontakt having four stereo pair outputs, it just has one, and the other three tracks that Reaper makes are connected to the first three Aux outputs of Kontakt. I try adding more outputs in Kontakt VST, and it will, but I can only connect those outputs to the first two Reaper channels. Nothing else is available. I tried doing this by hand with the same problem. I create an 8 channel track, then add the 8 out Kontakt VSTi to the effects chain. It only comes up with one regular output, and again, I can add more outputs manually, but am restricted to the same two Reaper channels as a viable route, aside from the Aux outs.

Thanks for any help!
Hi Tobiah, click on Kontakt Outputs Video in my signature.

There's more to know but that should get you started, then come back with any other questions you might have.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:28 PM   #3
tobiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hi Tobiah, click on Kontakt Outputs Video in my signature.

There's more to know but that should get you started, then come back with any other questions you might have.
That got me there in a round a bout way. I had been adding kontakt
channels, but to make them available for output, I had to save the
four stereos as my default configuration, then remove the effect and
try again. Now the four channels come up and I can select four kontakt
stereo outs where I couldn't before. Also, not that I saved the default,
the normal automatic routing for adding new track with VSTi works like
it used to.

Thanks,

Tobiah
tobiah is offline   Reply With Quote