Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-05-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
read
Human being with feelings

Default three questions please Reapack - SWS extensions - Reaper Stash

ALthough using reaper many years, i always avoided to install anything else on it apart from the defaults.

1) Why isn't reapack listed under resources? Also what do you use reapack mostly for?

2) SWS extensions - What do you use these mostly for?

3) Reaper Stash - What do you use this mostly for?

I'm trying to see if its worth going after any of these three things to learn more. Thank you!!
read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:48 PM   #2
Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by read View Post

ALthough using reaper many years, i always avoided to install anything else on it apart from the defaults.

1) Why isn't reapack listed under resources? Also what do you use reapack mostly for?

2) SWS extensions - What do you use these mostly for?

3) Reaper Stash - What do you use this mostly for?

I'm trying to see if its worth going after any of these three things to learn more. Thank you!!
Why not click on the links and explore yourself. It wont explode, you know.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:54 AM   #3
read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
Why not click on the links and explore yourself. It wont explode, you know.
i don't have the years of experience with other people here, i might spend one hour on each but miss the point anyway

thats why i ask here
read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:36 AM   #4
Phazma

If there are things you want to do in Reaper that you can’t do or that take way too long workarounds, chances are that SWS provide actions or extensions that let you do those things more easily.
It would be the first thing to check if you miss something and IMO it contributes greatly to give Reaper some advantages over other DAWs.

If you still can’t find an action or an easy way to do something with SWS, then maybe someone made a script that does what you want. In that case Reapack is useful. It can help to automatically import and update all scripts by Reapers mainstream scripters, so you don’t have to hunt for these scripts on the internet.

The Reaper Stash afaik is just a website to host files that can be useful for some Reaper users. You go there to download themes, icons and similar files.

If you are perfectly fine with how Reaper works and looks out of the box and you don’t feel that you miss some features and workflow enhancements then you don’t need any of these.
However a lot of users (me included) choose Reaper exactly because of all this expandability. I constantly come up with advanced things I want to do in Reaper with one keystroke (often things that no one except for me needs and no other DAW offers) and with all these options often it is possible to make some kind of custom action that does what I want.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote