Old 01-22-2021, 08:48 AM   #1
fancyplank
Human being with feelings

Default track recording blank?

Having used reaper for years its suddenly developed this issue, that has me stumped. When i record a guitar or vocal track, using a mic, it records fine and I can see the recorded track. Once i have saved it, the whole track goes blank so i cant see where the recording starts or stops etc. but I press play and the track is there and plays back fine. I just cant see it to edit it? I'm sure its an easy fix but i cant seem to find out what to do, any suggestions would be much appreciated. I downloaded the latest update but that's had no effect.
fancyplank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:37 PM   #2
tonemnstr

I've had that same problem. And..... tonight I was recording, could see the track and when I stopped it was blank.

It was doing this intermittently....
tonemnstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:57 PM   #3
Philbo King

I've run into this too. It seems like whatever triggers Reaper to redraw peaks does not do it sometimes.

I've had some relief by toggling spectral peaks on, let it redraw the peaks (it can take a minute or so for big projects), then toggle them back off to get regular peaks. I put a button on a toolbar for this.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:55 AM   #4
fancyplank

It was driving me crazy for about 10 days, but it seemed to be related to a windows 10 update I think. I updated windows and the next session it started. I went back to previous track that was fine and used that as a template going forward. So it's fine now but it was a frustrating problem.
fancyplank is offline   Reply With Quote