Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 12-31-2020, 07:41 AM   #1
MECressey
Human being with feelings

Default Apollo Twin X & Reaper on Windows

I just recently got a new Dell G7 laptop and a UAD Apollo Twin X audio device, and had a bunch of issues trying to configure it with Reaper 6.x. First of all, I was getting many crashes in their ASIO driver (uadasio.dll). Those finally stopped occurring (not exactly sure how I "fixed" it). Then I was playing back some Reaper projects recorded only my old DAW (Windows desktop with a EchoAudio Layla3G) and I was getting terrible audio quality - the sound had "TV static noises" during playback (using the Apollo headphone output). My projects are recorded in 96 kHz wave files. I set the sampling rate on the Apollo to 96 kHz. I had to set the Windows WDM system to 32-bit, 96,000 Hz studio quality output. This "fixed" the playback issues. That also made other other audio sources such as YouTube, sound correct using the Apollo headphone output.

I don't exactly understand how the WDM system interacts with the ASIO system, that would lead me to have to change WDM settings on my laptop. I don't recall having to do that on my old DAW (which runs Windows 7). The Apollo just uses the ASIO drivers so how does WDM come into play?

I haven't done any recording yet so I may encounter issues there (but I'm hoping that I don't).

Last edited by MECressey; 12-31-2020 at 08:16 AM.
MECressey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:30 AM   #2
MECressey

Default Has anyone reliably gotten Apollo audio to work??

I seem to be right back where I was last week. I plugged into today to my Apollo Twin X and I'm back to getting distorted sound coming out of the headphones. I thought I got this to work last week but something has changed again.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
MECressey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:34 AM   #3
tjw1979

I cant help but i can tell you im in exactly the sams position

New mini pc build wkth tb3 port
Correct tb lead both lightening bolts fscing up
16gb
Wkn 10 64
Reaper 64