Old 12-31-2020, 08:07 AM   #121
gxray
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheCat View Post
You'll have to modify the rtconfig walter file. I did so for my Mammoth theme which is based on default 6. It's kind of "hacky" though, so I can't really recommend it unless you have experience with walter. I might post a step by step guide on which lines of code have to be altered/inserted in the future.
If you did this I would certainly be grateful, putting them on the right side is the only spot that is space efficient.

I still use Dopp's FX toolbar because at fairly small track heights (bare minimum to see all buttons and the name), you can still see 5 FX on the list without scrolling. Tracks need too much height in standard themes to show the FX list for it to be a usable workflow IMO.

With Mammoth, I can actually see 6 at the same size (if expanding the width to fill the spot Dopp's toolbar would have taken), when it uses the 3 x 2 layout. So it looks cleaner (natively integrated into the theme), and I get one more visible spot. Amazing.
gxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:42 AM   #122
dupont

Quote:
Mammoth was also made for 1080p, at higher resolutions it should mostly look like the theme by white tie it was based on. Let me know though if the fxlist hack works for hidpi screens.

Edit: What icons are tiny in realogix on a 5k screen? Toolbar?

Yes, toolbar icons are tiny and less intuitive than default icons.
Transport bar seems buggy, a mix of dark/gray color.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rRd...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qBZ...ew?usp=sharing
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 09:49 AM   #123
FeedTheCat

Just uploaded an update.

Notable changes:
  • Reworked transport
  • More conventional item/MIDI note selection
  • Reduced mcp meter/fader height
  • Removed mix mode and made it default
Old 01-02-2021, 02:41 PM   #124
80icio

this Theme is my new favourite!!!
80icio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 03:23 PM   #125
Funkybot

Thanks for the new transport. This theme is coming together really nicely.

A few relatively small suggestions for your consideration:

- Make mcp.label.color brighter for better contrast.

- Same for mcp.volume.label.color (black-ish text on a dark gray background is very hard to read, suggest something like 215 215 215 or 195 195 195)

- I feel like the 9 pt bold font used for the FXList is probably too large since you want to see as many characters as possible. Suggest using 8 pt font for Walter Font 4.

- The pan fonts in the mcp look a little too condensed, I'd suggest an 8pt Arial for Walter Font 11.

- Would love brighter meters personally - meters are super important IMO and should look plenty bright. Would apply to the horizontal TCP faders and vertical MCP/Master faders.

- On the fully collapsed TCP, I think Pan and Pan Width (or PanL/PanR) knobs would fit in nicely versus one fader. Would be great if you could do the green ring around them.

- The item_lock and item_mute dots are very easy to hit by accident when you've got a bunch of small MIDI clips (like one or two bar drum items) and the timeline zoomed out. I've been doing this constantly by accident today in this particular project. Replacing them with larger icons that look like a lock and a capital M from a different theme solved this problem for me. Would suggest something similar for this theme.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 05:34 PM   #126
Funkybot

Also, any hope of getting peak readouts on the MCP in a future update?

EDIT: found that in RT config. Looks like the text is slightly truncated when enabled so the meter area would need to be widened slightly or users would have to deal with cut-off text. Probably why it was turned off.

Last edited by Funkybot; 01-02-2021 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:22 AM   #127
FeedTheCat

@Funkybot

Thx for the effort, I'll go through your list and try out your suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Also, any hope of getting peak readouts on the MCP in a future update?
There's already an option for that in the theme adjuster

MCP: Show meter readout (inf)
0: disabled
1: only on rec-armed tracks
2: all tracks
Old 01-06-2021, 05:09 AM   #128
amiracam

hi, like the theme, dark enough but yet clear to the eye,
a couple issues I'm having:

on TCP the effects are not showing up , see here:

https://www.screencast.com/t/tHGZiW169

notice that I do have effects on MCP e.g. LVOX but on TCP they don't show up.

Secondly, not sure if specific to your theme but it seems to me that the icon size used on MCP just eats up too much vertical real estate, I would love to see that cut down by half

thanks for sharing your Theme
amiracam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:27 AM   #129
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiracam View Post
hi, like the theme, dark enough but yet clear to the eye,
a couple issues I'm having:

on TCP the effects are not showing up , see here:

https://www.screencast.com/t/tHGZiW169

notice that I do have effects on MCP e.g. LVOX but on TCP they don't show up.

Secondly, not sure if specific to your theme but it seems to me that the icon size used on MCP just eats up too much vertical real estate, I would love to see that cut down by half

thanks for sharing your Theme
Right click on the empty track area and enable the options to show fx and sends in tcp.

Afaik the icon size can't be influenced, but in the MCP it does get cut in half at a certain (small) height.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:09 AM   #130
amiracam

thanks
amiracam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #131
amiracam

Any ETA on the Master Track, I use tempo envelopes in my template.
Great theme, perhaps best, almost there

thanks for sharing
Old 01-08-2021, 10:57 AM   #132
vsthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiracam View Post
Any ETA on the Master Track, I use tempo envelopes in my template.
Great theme, perhaps best, almost there

thanks for sharing
Seconded!!!!
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:59 PM   #133
FeedTheCat

Hi guys,

Don't have too much time for theming lately. I quickly put together a master track (and separator layouts). I might revisit it at some point and make it better, but at least it's functional for now.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:07 PM   #134
amiracam

looks great, much thanks
Old 01-10-2021, 06:45 AM   #135
permeke

any way to switch off track color follow item color.
they are greyed out in the prefs
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:38 AM   #136
pbognar

Quote:
Hi guys,
Don't have too much time for theming lately.
I was a LogicPC refugee, and some may think it's lame to dress up REAPER like another DAW, but I think the LOGIC UI is elegant, simple, yet functional. I think you are doing a great job. A theme shouldn't make a difference in the audio one prodes, but if it affects one's mood in any way, it's worth it. Perhaps one day, the default theme will be improved.
In the meantime, Realogix.
pbognar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:01 AM   #137
80icio

Quote:
Hi guys,

Don't have too much time for theming lately. I quickly put together a master track (and separator layouts). I might revisit it at some point and make it better, but at least it's functional for now.
Best Theme ever
80icio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:07 AM   #138
tzzsmk

this is probably one of my most favourite themes,
I like how it's easy on eyes,
but I think it still lacks some sort of contrast, so I often switch to Inquasar Dark when I need to immediately see things like muted/soloed tracks,
I wonder if it's possible to have longer/higher meters on Master Track in mixer/docker panel? for mastering I have Master on the left side on whole screen height

picture for reference:

Old 01-12-2021, 09:10 AM   #139
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke View Post
any way to switch off track color follow item color.
they are greyed out in the prefs
You can modify the rtconfig.txt file (inside the theme zip). There's a line on the top "tinttcp 298". If you remove that line the theme preferences are not greyed out anymore, but it has some unwanted side-effects. Not sure how to set this correctly, I guess you could google "tinttcp" and see where it takes you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbognar View Post
I was a LogicPC refugee, and some may think it's lame to dress up REAPER like another DAW, but I think the LOGIC UI is elegant, simple, yet functional. I think you are doing a great job. A theme shouldn't make a difference in the audio one prodes, but if it affects one's mood in any way, it's worth it. Perhaps one day, the default theme will be improved.
In the meantime, Realogix.
Glad you like it, I'm was one of those people that didn't like dressing up reaper like some other daw, but when I discovered the Prologix theme that changed hehe. Themes in reaper can make quite a difference though, as not all changes are aesthetic. The rearrangement (and omission) of mcp/tcp elements can alter your workflow (like TCP Fxlist on the right side )

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzzsmk View Post
this is probably one of my most favourite themes,
I like how it's easy on eyes,
but I think it still lacks some sort of contrast, so I often switch to Inquasar Dark when I need to immediately see things like muted/soloed tracks,
I wonder if it's possible to have longer/higher meters on Master Track in mixer/docker panel? for mastering I have Master on the left side on whole screen height
Fair point on the contrast of mute/solo. I'll check out how I can alter that for the next update. It would be possible to make an alternative master track layout with larger meters. Might have a go at that in the future, but probably not anytime soon, as that would take quite a bit of work, and I personally don't use it like that.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:35 AM   #140
vsthem

Thank you for adding the Master Track, and for the theme in general! The fx on the right side of the TCP is a game changer; so much clearer than scripts that up till now, were the best option available. I hate having to navigate screensets, and this allows me to spend 95% of my time in one view (with my midi editor on a separate screen, triggered by your MIDI zoom scripts).
Old 01-18-2021, 10:31 AM   #141
vsthem

Has wt indicated that he might add the fx list on the right as an option in the future for all themes?
Old 01-19-2021, 10:55 AM   #142
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthem View Post
Has wt indicated that he might add the fx list on the right as an option in the future for all themes?
Don't think so. (Not sure what you mean by all themes, but if it were to become an option in the default 6 theme adjuster, only themes based upon that new def6 would have it). I forgot to post the "how-to-mod-it-yourself" guide, I'll try to do that asap.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:00 AM   #143
gxray

Quote:
I forgot to post the "how-to-mod-it-yourself" guide, I'll try to do that asap.
Would be grateful for this. There are some themes I really enjoy which I'd love to apply this to.

For instance, your theme "Paulie's Spirit" -- it's super beautiful and I am interested in porting righthand TCP FX to it.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:38 AM   #144
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxray View Post
Would be grateful for this. There are some themes I really enjoy which I'd love to apply this to.

For instance, your theme "Paulie's Spirit" -- it's super beautiful and I am interested in porting righthand TCP FX to it.
The mod will only work for themes based on the default v6. Unfortunately there isn't a generic solution for other themes, so it won't work for Paulie's Spirit. I just posted about it here.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:38 AM   #145
InHiding

I think this theme is really good. I'd like to see the transport bar reworked though. The button order isn't very good and the bar itself is a little large.

Is there any way to use a transport bar from a different theme?
InHiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 04:59 AM   #146
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHiding View Post
I think this theme is really good. I'd like to see the transport bar reworked though. The button order isn't very good and the bar itself is a little large.

No, not really. You'll have to dive into theming for that.
You're welcome to suggest a different order though, maybe I like your ideas and change it.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:49 AM   #147
_Stevie_

Quote:

Great answer from FTC.

No offense InHiding, but you gotta keep in mind that most people do all this stuff for free. Rather than demanding things like "I'd like to see the transport bar reworked" a better way to ask would be:

- would you consider some changes in the transport bar
- are you open for suggestions
- I would like to sponsor a change in the transport if you are willing to
- etc...

Your chances are way higher that way, that a coder/modder is willing to do an edit.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:11 AM   #148
InHiding

English is not my native language so sometimes it might be hard to realize the tone is not the best possible. I appreciate all the effort put into this.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:24 AM   #149
InHiding

Anyways. I like transport bars where all the buttons are next to each other and also on the center of the bar. I use the transport bar often and like to have it at the bottom of the screen.

On Windows I also have the Windows taskbar and it's right below the transport bar. The Windows task bar has preview screens which are often accidentally triggered when you move the mouse to the lower left of the screen. I usually have about three programs open and the Windows task bar is empty at the middle part of the screen so there are no accidental mouseovers causing previews when using the mouse near the bottom center of the screen.

Hopefully that was understandable. These are just my preferences. I'm not planning on turning the Windows taskbar preview screens off btw.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:16 AM   #150
gxray

Quote:
Anyways. I like transport bars where all the buttons are next to each other and also on the center of the bar. I use the transport bar often and like to have it at the bottom of the screen.

On Windows I also have the Windows taskbar and it's right below the transport bar. The Windows task bar has preview screens which are often accidentally triggered when you move the mouse to the lower left of the screen. I usually have about three programs open and the Windows task bar is empty at the middle part of the screen so there are no accidental mouseovers causing previews when using the mouse near the bottom center of the screen.

Hopefully that was understandable. These are just my preferences. I'm not planning on turning the Windows taskbar preview screens off btw.
FeedTheCat will obviously know best, but in earlier versions the transport looked a little different, and there was at least one version where the buttons were more centered.

Here's a GIF showing current version, versus that older version. Personally, I prefer the current version, though the older version Master MCP had a "Menu" button in the middle of it that I thought looked quite nice.

---

Also, FTC -- Stash shows ReaLogix as updated on 1/31/2021 yesterday, do you know what changes were published (I am just curious)?
Thank you!
Old 02-01-2021, 09:28 AM   #151
FeedTheCat

Hmmm, one thing I could think of is something like this, but tbh I don't really like the look of it.

Quote:
though the older version Master MCP had a "Menu" button in the middle of it that I thought looked quite nice.
What did I change about it? Don't remember...

Quote:
Also, FTC -- Stash shows ReaLogix as updated on 1/31/2021 yesterday, do you know what changes were published (I am just curious)?
Thank you!
A user found a bug in the Master TCP layout (Wrong indentation of the mono button) and sent me a fix for it

Last edited by FeedTheCat; 02-01-2021 at 09:34 AM.
FeedTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 01:21 AM   #152
todoublez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikostep View Post
Yes, it is. Use TCP.sendlist for separate sendlist in the tcp.
In this case you want to disable ``Show sends in tcp`` so they don`t appear bothin insert and send list.
after disabled the "Show sends in TCP" ,I end up only FX shows on TCP with this theme.

have u tried default theme's TCP layout : B with "Show sends in TCP" disabled?

I get 2 Independent rows to show FX & SEND
in the picture above thrrs FX on my left and SENDS on the right.
they won't mess up together no matter how I stretch the TCP.
which is wat I'm dreamed for !

and this only wrks on laybout: B
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 01:20 PM   #153
pax-eterna

I downloaded libSwell-user.colortheme and placed it to the Resources directory as advised, but nothing happened upon restart - I went to themes in Options and it does not appear there either.

Any ideas?

Thanks
pax-eterna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:01 PM   #154
pax-eterna

ok, thanks

EDIT: just had a look over that - wow, that is another uni course in itself to figure that shit out for a new Reaper user...al I want o do is light the colours a bit at this stage.

So I guess the bottom line is no-one does these for linux versions of Reaper. Thought there'd be at least some for linux....the way linux folks such as yourself like to tweak

Last edited by pax-eterna; 05-09-2021 at 05:13 PM.
pax-eterna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:33 AM   #155
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax-eterna View Post
I downloaded libSwell-user.colortheme and placed it to the Resources directory as advised, but nothing happened upon restart - I went to themes in Options and it does not appear there either.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Did you get it to work?

The path should be ~/.config/REAPER (or Options > Show REAPER Resource Path...). Check if you have some other .colortheme file there. Not sure which one REAPER chooses when there's more of them. (Also, reaper only loads these when you restart the application)
Old 05-14-2021, 07:55 PM   #156
DocBob

Nice theme but why can't I get the MCP to display "multiple rows where size permits"
DocBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 03:26 AM   #157
Zhektorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
In case this might give you ideas to help with contrast...

I found the theme a little too dark in some areas and low contrast in others and made some adjustments mashing up elements of this with elements from iLogic 3.8 (mainly their toolbars/scrollbar - along with a bunch of custom icons) and similar color choices for Window backgrounds.

I hope you don't mind the look into what I'd personally change. Hopefully it can provide some useful feedback.

Some tweaks include:

- Dark Window List Backgrounds with Light Text (selected row active is light blue with black text, inactive rows are dark gray highlights with black text)

- Lighter color for TCP/MCP labels (215 215 215), and just generally all around. Still want to increase the font size of the TCP ID's, but will wait if you add that to the Theme Adjuster.

- Slightly brighter text on insert slots

- Changed the Selected Item BG .png to be 50% oppacity on the black. Having a dark background with black media items or black MIDI notes just didn't work for me personally.

- You can see it here but I similarly changed the MIDI Note Colormap to not use black for selected notes. I also changed the MIDI Note colors on the PRV to white (215 215 215) for the white keys, a near black for the dark keys, with the dark keys highlighting as a lighter shade of gray.

...anyway, just some personal tweaks to improve contrast. I still want to change the Rec Arm Text color in RTConfig because pink/red on gray is tough to read.

Last bit of feedback: I don't love how the theme drastically mutes Track Colors. Like, if I'm setting up an autocolor profile, what I see in Autocolor looks nothing like that when the color is actually applied. I think there's probably some semi-opaque overlays darkening everything. This makes it really difficult to find nice colors because the theme kind of overrides the color choices you made and forces you into darker colors. I'll probably go looking at item_BG's some more to find the cause.
Hi,
How to fix the Master on the right taking the whole vertical space as well the menu icons on the top of the ruler? Thanks New here in Reaper
Zhektorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:49 PM   #158
Funkybot

They're just typical docked toolbars dragged into position. Create a custom toolbar, dock it, drag it to the location you want (above the timeline, over the master fader, etc.).
Old 05-30-2021, 05:11 PM   #159
vsthem

Any chance you'll post your theme modifications funkybot? Looks great!
Old 06-13-2021, 02:06 AM   #160
Kalis

Пытаюсь внедрить в эту тему макет "Narrow" как это сделано в - FLogic.Но пока безуспешно...Хотелось бы иметь более сжатый mcp.Может кто-нибудь ,такое воплотил в своем моде?Прошу помощи. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f6jfvpfld...arrow.png?dl=0
Kalis is offline   Reply With Quote