Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 01-23-2021, 08:50 AM   #1
MartinJG
Human being with feelings

Default How do I open two projects at the same time?

Currently, I start off with a 'sketch' of ideas and notes, often including an audio track imported from a digital recorder. To date, I have organised my ideas into instrument/tracks/BPM etc to the right of this but this leads to a messy workflow. In future, I want to create two projects, one for notes and ideas, the other for actual work, both in the same folder. This will enable me to toggle between the 'sketch' and the 'actual' project. I know it is possible to have two Reaper projects open simultaneously. Can some kind soul point in the right direction? Thanks.
MartinJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:54 AM   #2
DarkStar

Open one project, the [File] >> New Project Tab, and open the second one there. You can switch backwards and forwards between the two.

... Or more
Old 01-23-2021, 09:21 AM   #3
MartinJG

DS

Brilliant. Thanks. You have bailed me out again. Before you go, can I be a bit cheeky and ask you whether you can help solve another conundrum.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=247916

The problem with arpeggiators as far as I can see is that everything is done in phrases and not notes. Do you know of a way of actually breaking down those phrases into midi notes on a track? Thanks.
MartinJG is offline   Reply With Quote