Old 09-17-2020, 04:39 AM   #1
Tiggerdyret
Human being with feelings

Default A question about Maschine and midi feedback

Hi, so I'm saving up for a Maschine+ in will probably buy one once the reviews are out. I'm considering getting rid of my Midi Fighter Twister, because I don't use it all that much. Do you know if the Maschine has the same functionality as the MF in terms of midi feedback? Can I set it up with LBX smart knobs and realearn and get all the benefits of midi feedback?

If yes am I limited to one parameter on the 8 physical knobs or can I map more than one parameter to each knob and scroll through them on the Maschine itself to change CC outputs?

Thanks
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:45 AM   #2
cjewellstudios

Hey man!

Maschine is awesome!

Native Instruments has awesome controller integration with Native stuff. For instance the maschine has a row of 8 knobs and they all change depending on what you are focused on in the software (or maschine plugin within reaper)

But in terms of what you are doing already with the twister, I imagine you are going to have a tougher time getting the same functionality. I have the maschine mikro mk3, and you can put that in "midi mode" and maybe that would work with the maschine+ and realearn/smart knobs but I'm not totally sure. I kind of doubt it to be honest. I'd test it but the mikro doesnt really have those kinds of knobs.

The drivenbymoss extension might work with the maschine+ but that's not a guarantee either. But that would provide some extra functionality within reaper.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:59 PM   #3
Tiggerdyret

Thanks for responding. Yes, it's probably hard make it as functional a the MF, which is a great device. But I might end up selling it anyway as it has been collecting dust for some time now.
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote