Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 12-29-2019, 06:41 PM   #5681
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

I've had devices lose communication with CSI entirely. Sometimes I'll think "ah, I hit the FocusedFX bug" but it will turn out the unit is entirely unresponsive because the Home zone doesn't work either. What usually works is: 1) close Reaper, 2) unplug and replug the MFTwister, 3) reopen Reaper. Or if that doesn't do it, a restart.

The other times I've had strange behavior was always due to syntax errors in a widget or .zon file.

EDIT:
Just had it happen again now. So I inserted a mapped plugin onto a track, the MFTwister received feedback from the plugin (the lights on the device matched up with the plugin settings) but nothing happened afterwards. Pressing buttons on the unit had no effect. Toggling zones had no effect. It became completely unresponsive. Had to follow the 3 steps above to get it working again.

Last edited by Funkybot; 12-29-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 07:31 PM   #5682
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I've had devices lose communication with CSI entirely. Sometimes I'll think "ah, I hit the FocusedFX bug" but it will turn out the unit is entirely unresponsive because the Home zone doesn't work either. What usually works is: 1) close Reaper, 2) unplug and replug the MFTwister, 3) reopen Reaper. Or if that doesn't do it, a restart.

The other times I've had strange behavior was always due to syntax errors in a widget or .zon file.

EDIT:
Just had it happen again now. So I inserted a mapped plugin onto a track, the MFTwister received feedback from the plugin (the lights on the device matched up with the plugin settings) but nothing happened afterwards. Pressing buttons on the unit had no effect. Toggling zones had no effect. It became completely unresponsive. Had to follow the 3 steps above to get it working again.
What was the plugin?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:27 PM   #5683
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
What was the plugin?
In that most recent case it was SlickEQ GE by Tokyo Dawn Labs, but it happened a few times today when mapping plugins, so it's not unique to any one. Close Reaper, disconnect+reconnect device, relaunch Reaper and it'll work the next time. I had it happen with a UAD plugin earlier in the day (1176 Rev A I believe). But it worked just fine the next time. It just kind of happens every now and then with no predictable steps that I've been able to discern.

It's been the same every time: enter focus mode for an effect, Control Surface successfully gets parameter feedback, control surface becomes unresponsive.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:50 AM   #5684
WaveTrans

Quote:

EDIT:
Quote:
In that most recent case it was SlickEQ GE by Tokyo Dawn Labs, but it happened a few times today when mapping plugins, so it's not unique to any one. Close Reaper, disconnect+reconnect device, relaunch Reaper and it'll work the next time. I had it happen with a UAD plugin earlier in the day (1176 Rev A I believe). But it worked just fine the next time. It just kind of happens every now and then with no predictable steps that I've been able to discern.

It's been the same every time: enter focus mode for an effect, Control Surface successfully gets parameter feedback, control surface becomes unresponsive.
This is very similar to my experiences lately, although I used native ReaComp and ReaEQ; however, haven´t tried the toggleFXmenu instead of gozonehome yet.
WaveTrans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:43 AM   #5685
WaveTrans

Tried SelectedTrackNavigator in Subzones and FXzone and OnFXFocus MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets in homeZone.

tried OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu
OnFXFocus MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets

with Zone FXMenu|1-8
SelectedTrackNavigator
FocusedFXTrackNavigator

Tried all combinations I could think off, additionally with ToggleMapFocusedFX button.
Worked once every 20 times or so and, it seems, only if there is just one FX in the FXmenu (ReaComp or ReaEq)

Also found that track names are not displayed and the ChannelRight function, TrackBank 1, does not work. Seems the controller is losing it´s context with reaper if channelRight button is hit. Sort of finds back if the channelLeft button is hit until controller reacts and fader is adjusted to track volume.

Afraid, I´m completely lost with this....
Did work somehow couple of days/weeks ago
Old 12-30-2019, 09:51 AM   #5686
Funkybot

Just sounds like there are some gremlins in the system somewhere. I suspect the issue is happening at a lower level than we, as end users, really have access to resolving via the .zon or .mst files. It's still an alpha after all so I'm not going too nuts worrying about it. As long as it's on Geoff's radar as something to look at. Seems like there's a few other things still up in the air at the moment (Eucon, CSI not showing up for some people, a working Learn Mode page, encoder acceleration, FXZone focus, various other enhancements/wishlist items) so as long as Geoff's aware of the issue and can add it to the list I'm sure it'll eventually get resolved.

In the meantime, I'll keep mapping my most used FX because it works far more often than not here.

If you happen to find the magic combo of steps to reproduce it, or even get a working combination, let me know. Here's what my MFTwister.zon looks like (nothing fancy) and this works most of the time:

Code:
Zone Home
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	OnFXFocus MapFocusedFXToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		ButtonsChannelPage
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
The FX Zones look like this (note: I know the quotes aren't needed around the parameter number but that's what the Learn mode screen does so I copied the syntax):

Code:
Zone "VST: UAD 1176 Rev A (Universal Audio, Inc.)"
FocusedFXNavigator
Rotary1 FXParam "0" "Input"
Rotary2 FXParam "4" "Ratio"
Rotary3 FXParam "2" "Attack"
Rotary4 FXParam "3" "Release"
Rotary16 FXParam "7" "Wet"
Toggle+Play FXParam "6" "Bypass"
ZoneEnd
Old 12-30-2019, 09:58 AM   #5687
Funkybot

I should note: I use multiple surfaces in CSI, so next time it happens my goal is to figure out: do all surfaces stop responding, or just the one the FocusedFX are mapped to? I never thought to try the others when I ran into the issue and that might be useful information.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:28 PM   #5688
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Tried SelectedTrackNavigator in Subzones and FXzone and OnFXFocus MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets in homeZone.

tried OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu
OnFXFocus MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets

with Zone FXMenu|1-8
SelectedTrackNavigator
FocusedFXTrackNavigator

Tried all combinations I could think off, additionally with ToggleMapFocusedFX button.
Worked once every 20 times or so and, it seems, only if there is just one FX in the FXmenu (ReaComp or ReaEq)

Also found that track names are not displayed and the ChannelRight function, TrackBank 1, does not work. Seems the controller is losing it´s context with reaper if channelRight button is hit. Sort of finds back if the channelLeft button is hit until controller reacts and fader is adjusted to track volume.

Afraid, I´m completely lost with this....
Did work somehow couple of days/weeks ago
Zip up your surface and FX .zon files and I'll take a look if you want. I just set up a FocusedFX arrangement here to check if anything had changed (I use the FXMenu) and it's alll working fine.

What surface are you using?
Old 12-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #5689
WaveTrans

Quote:
Just sounds like there are some gremlins in the system somewhere. I suspect the issue is happening at a lower level than we, as end users, really have access to resolving via the .zon or .mst files. It's still an alpha after all so I'm not going too nuts worrying about it. As long as it's on Geoff's radar as something to look at. Seems like there's a few other things still up in the air at the moment (Eucon, CSI not showing up for some people, a working Learn Mode page, encoder acceleration, FXZone focus, various other enhancements/wishlist items) so as long as Geoff's aware of the issue and can add it to the list I'm sure it'll eventually get resolved.

In the meantime, I'll keep mapping my most used FX because it works far more often than not here.

If you happen to find the magic combo of steps to reproduce it, or even get a working combination, let me know. Here's what my MFTwister.zon looks like (nothing fancy) and this works most of the time:

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		ButtonsChannelPage
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
The FX Zones look like this (note: I know the quotes aren't needed around the parameter number but that's what the Learn mode screen does so I copied the syntax):

Code:
Zone "VST: UAD 1176 Rev A (Universal Audio, Inc.)"
FocusedFXNavigator
Rotary1 FXParam "0" "Input"
Rotary2 FXParam "4" "Ratio"
Rotary3 FXParam "2" "Attack"
Rotary4 FXParam "3" "Release"
Rotary16 FXParam "7" "Wet"
Toggle+Play FXParam "6" "Bypass"
ZoneEnd
you´re right, it is still an alpha version. Didn´t mean to sound impatient; just wondering why it doesn´t work like it used to
Old 12-30-2019, 02:45 PM   #5690
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
you´re right, it is still an alpha version. Didn´t mean to sound impatient; just wondering why it doesn´t work like it used to
Trying it out a bunch of different ways and reporting back on the results is exactly what you want to do in an Alpha right?
Old 12-30-2019, 04:12 PM   #5691
MixMonkey

Quote:

Are you using VST3 versions of the plugins?

When it happens, does the plugin still receive input from Reaper, ie when you turn a control on the screen, the surface reflects the change?
Old 12-30-2019, 04:14 PM   #5692
WaveTrans

Quote:
Trying it out a bunch of different ways and reporting back on the results is exactly what you want to do in an Alpha right?
Absolutely. I just can't get rid of the feeling that it's me and not the Alpha State of csi causing those issues.

Adjusting Sends worked perfectly for half an hour and now gone again.
Pity, the workflow is so elegant using the fader, even if it's just the one
Old 12-30-2019, 04:25 PM   #5693
Funkybot

Quote:
Are you using VST3 versions of the plugins?

When it happens, does the plugin still receive input from Reaper, ie when you turn a control on the screen, the surface reflects the change?
To answer both your questions: 1) always VST2 (to date anyway) and 2) not sure. I'll let you know about the second part next time it happens. Will probably try to do some more mapping later tonight or during the day tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:40 PM   #5694
MixMonkey

Quote:
To answer both your questions: 1) always VST2 (to date anyway) and 2) not sure. I'll let you know about the second part next time it happens. Will probably try to do some more mapping later tonight or during the day tomorrow.

Ok, thanks for the info I wondered whether it was the same issue I've had when using VST3 plugins where the surface becomes unable to control the plugin, but still responds to the on screen controls. Never had it happen with VST2 though.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:21 PM   #5695
Funkybot

One thing to be cognizant of: since fx.zon files use the plugin name as the identifier, if you've renamed, or subsequently rename a plugin, or someone else shared a zone but they renamed their plugin, you can run into mismatches and non-functioning maps.

Just realized this because I've shortened the names of a few plugins, but wasn't keeping track of all of them, and realized sharing the .zon mappings may be moot as a result.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:23 PM   #5696
Geoff Waddington

New builds are up.

Thanks to everyone for all the testing effort, it is much appreciated !!

I realize things can get frustrating at times, so thanks for hanging in there.

As we approach beta, expect more of this stuff as we try and get as close to final formats, etc. as possible before actually going beta.

For example, EncoderPlain was just added -- please check the tuning tweaks in this version.

Also redesigned the EuCon->CSI section, more on that below, near the end, after the .zon file changes.

Finally, a small file format change that only affects included Zones, here is the before/after:

Before:

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		Buttons
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons
	Send ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
	Track ToggleMapSelectedTrackFXMenu
	Pan ToggleMapSelectedTrackFX
        ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
	ChannelRight TrackBank 1
	BankLeft TrackBank -8
	BankRight TrackBank 8
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayLower|  TrackPanDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayLower|  TrackVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPush| GoZone PanWidth|
	Rotary| TrackPan 0
	RecordArm|  TrackRecordArm
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
ZoneEnd
After:

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		Buttons|
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons|
	Send ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|
	TrackNavigator
	IncludedZones
		Send|1-4
	IncludedZonesEnd
	DisplayUpper|  TrackNameDisplay
ZoneEnd

Zone Send|
	ParentNavigator
	Mute| TrackSendMute
ZoneEnd

Zone AZoneNotAffectedByTheChanges
ZoneEnd

Zone AnotherZoneNotAffectedByTheChanges|1-8
ZoneEnd
New syntax -- Zones definitions that end with "|" are Template Zones -- they are constructed by their enclosing Zone and don't exist standalone -- they are meta data.

Note we lose that hideous repetition of 1-8, etc. -- the Template Zone contains the rules, the enclosing Zone dictates the actual count of Template Zones created -- in the case of Buttons - 1 Zone, in the case of Channels - 8 Zones, in the case of Sends - 4 Zones, and so on.

Also note than Included Zones are now supported to arbitrary depth -- there are 8 Channels, each with 4 Sends -- that capability was missing before.

Finally there is a new Navigator type -- ParentNavigator -- takes its navigation from the enclosing Zone.

This is actually added for EuCon, they do the Sends vertically as opposed to horizontally(the way MCU usually does) -- a great example of the symbiosis of folding EuCon support into CSI -- everyone benefits from work on any surface type.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
EuCon installation that works here:
Mac OS 10.14.6
Reaper 6.0
EuControl 19.12.1.23

I first removed CSI and EuCon from Reaper.

Then I removed CSI.ini.

So, the install now consisted of:
new EuCon dll/dylib in right place
new CSI dll/dylib in right place
new CSI folder in right place, but missing CSI.ini

Start Reaper project that has some tracks.

Add CSI.

Add EuCon whilst still in CSI.

Push OK just until far enough back that you can add EuCon (the dll/dylib).

OK your way out.

At this point, on my system, EuCon controllers work fine, no need for restart, etc.

Please let me know what you find with this new install.

Don't forget to use the latest EuCon.zon -- the one that comes with the build.

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 12-31-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:12 PM   #5697
Funkybot

Hi Geoff, do we need to go in and rebuild the existing/included zones?
Old 12-31-2019, 01:21 PM   #5698
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff, do we need to go in and rebuild the existing/included zones?
If you have custom ones, I took a shot at all the ones that come with the build.

It's a very easy change, just look over the before/after bolded sections a couple of times
Old 12-31-2019, 02:05 PM   #5699
Funkybot

Ok Geoff, some better news but still lots of bad:

1. Following your instructions Eucon connected [spoiler: until I closed Reaper]
2. Track Names and pans showed up in the OLEDS
3. Faders moved

But...

1. It was only the first 8 channels - banking didn't work, and clicking Nudge on the surface did nudge the 8th track to the 7th fader, but the 9th track never appeared. Just a blank OLED.

That was as far as I got until I stepped away from the PC to finish eating lunch, came back and...

2. Noticed the pan displays were all hard panned left - not sure if it was like this before,

3. Only the fader for the nudged track seemed to move, all others were at zero. Was it like this before? I don't think so, but maybe.

4. Restarted Reaper and all faders dropped to zero (pan and channel numbers appeared so it's communicating with Eucon)...

5. Opened a new project and...

Result: Nothing happens. I'm looking at pan and channel numbers. No track names, no faders moving, nothing. Restarting Reaper seems to have broken the connection between the .zon and Eucon.

Note: I can see the surface talking to CSI in the "Incoming" section of the Learn window. But it's not talking to the project or working anywhere near as expected. It's like the issue is that the project stops communicating with the zone/CSI, but the surface continues to try talking to CSI without getting anything back in return.

Also: yes, I overwrite all the zones with the ones in the latest build and didn't change anything in the Eucon zone.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:46 PM   #5700
Funkybot

Hi Geoff, another problem: inserting the MFTwister now crashes Reaper. I **think** I modified the zones as expected. Didn't make any changes to the .mst.

Here's the .zon:

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		ButtonsChannelPage
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone ButtonsChannelPage
	SelectedTrackNavigator
        ChannelLeft Reaper 40286
	ChannelRight Reaper 40285
	ChannelMute TrackMute
	ChannelSolo TrackSolo

TrimRead TrackAutoMode 0
	Touch TrackAutoMode 2
	Latch TrackAutoMode 4
	Write TrackAutoMode 3

Loop Reaper 1068
	Click Reaper 40364
	RecordArm TrackRecordArm
	Record Record

Rewind Reaper 40042
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop Stop
	Play Play

Undo Reaper 40029
	Redo Reaper 40030
	ZoomOut Reaper 1011
	ZoomIn Reaper 1012

Insert Reaper 40172
	Save Reaper 40026
	MIDIPanic Reaper 40345
	ClearPeaks Reaper 40527

ScreenSet1 Reaper 40454
	ScreenSet2 Reaper 40455
	ScreenSet3 Reaper 40456
	ScreenSet4 Reaper 40457

FXBrowser Reaper 40271
	MediaExplorer Reaper 50124
	TrackManager Reaper 40906
	Mixer Reaper 40078

Bank1 ToggleMapFocusedFX
	BankLeft TrackBank -8
	BankRight TrackBank 8
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|
	TrackNavigator
	IncludedZones
		Send|1-8
	Pan| TrackPan 0
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
	Invert+Fader|  TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone Send|
	ParentNavigator
	Invert+SendLevel| TrackSendVolume
	SendPan| TrackSendPan
	SendMute| TrackSendMute
	PrePost| TrackSendPrePost
ZoneEnd
Look that over and let me know if I did it right. I also did a version where I kept the Sends as their own zone using Send|1-8 + SelectedTrackNavigator and that still crashed.

Here's the CSI.ini
Code:
Page "Home" FollowMCP NoSynchPages NoScrollLink NoTrackColoring 0 0 0
MidiSurface "MFTwister" 7 8 "MIDIFighterTwister.mst" "MIDIFighterTwister" NoZoneLink AutoMapSends NoAutoMapFX NoAutoMapFXMenu AutoMapFocusedFX
Going to rollback entirely for now.

EDIT:
Back to where I was with the 12/27 upload. Geoff, if you have a new build or anything else you'd like me to try out, I'll probably be free most of the day tomorrow (assuming not too hungover). Happy new year!

Last edited by Funkybot; 12-31-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:06 PM   #5701
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff, another problem: inserting the MFTwister now crashes Reaper. I **think** I modified the zones as expected. Didn't make any changes to the .mst.
Here's the corrections in bold:

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		ButtonsChannelPage|
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone ButtonsChannelPage|
	SelectedTrackNavigator
        ChannelLeft Reaper 40286
	ChannelMute TrackMute
	ChannelSolo TrackSolo

TrimRead TrackAutoMode 0
	Touch TrackAutoMode 2
	Latch TrackAutoMode 4
	Write TrackAutoMode 3

Loop Reaper 1068
	Click Reaper 40364
	RecordArm TrackRecordArm
	Record Record

Rewind Reaper 40042
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop Stop
	Play Play

Undo Reaper 40029
	Redo Reaper 40030
	ZoomOut Reaper 1011
	ZoomIn Reaper 1012

Insert Reaper 40172
	Save Reaper 40026
	MIDIPanic Reaper 40345
	ClearPeaks Reaper 40527

ScreenSet1 Reaper 40454
	ScreenSet2 Reaper 40455
	ScreenSet3 Reaper 40456
	ScreenSet4 Reaper 40457

FXBrowser Reaper 40271
	Mixer Reaper 40078

Bank1 ToggleMapFocusedFX
	BankLeft TrackBank -8
	BankRight TrackBank 8
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|
	TrackNavigator
	IncludedZones
		Send|1-8
	Pan| TrackPan 0
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
ZoneEnd

Zone Send|
	ParentNavigator
	SendPan| TrackSendPan
	SendMute| TrackSendMute
ZoneEnd
Old 12-31-2019, 03:13 PM   #5702
Funkybot

Geoff, ok, just went back up to today's build, tried the new zone and it still crashes immediately upon selection. Am I missing something?

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		ButtonsChannelPage|
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone ButtonsChannelPage|
        ChannelLeft Reaper 40286
	ChannelMute TrackMute
	ChannelSolo TrackSolo

TrimRead TrackAutoMode 0
	Touch TrackAutoMode 2
	Latch TrackAutoMode 4
	Write TrackAutoMode 3

Loop Reaper 1068
	Click Reaper 40364
	RecordArm TrackRecordArm
	Record Record

Rewind Reaper 40042
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop Stop
	Play Play

Undo Reaper 40029
	Redo Reaper 40030
	ZoomOut Reaper 1011
	ZoomIn Reaper 1012

Insert Reaper 40172
	Save Reaper 40026
	MIDIPanic Reaper 40345
	ClearPeaks Reaper 40527

ScreenSet1 Reaper 40454
	ScreenSet2 Reaper 40455
	ScreenSet3 Reaper 40456
	ScreenSet4 Reaper 40457

FXBrowser Reaper 40271
	Mixer Reaper 40078

Bank1 ToggleMapFocusedFX
	BankLeft TrackBank -8
	BankRight TrackBank 8
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|
	TrackNavigator
	IncludedZones
		Send|1-8
	Pan| TrackPan 0
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
ZoneEnd

Zone Send|
	ParentNavigator
	SendPan| TrackSendPan
	SendMute| TrackSendMute
ZoneEnd
Using the 12/31 build...deleted my old csi.ini, not using Eucon anywhere, deleted all my control surfaces, then added CSI from scratch. Still crashes as soon as I click ok to apply the new surface.

It's gotta be something in the syntax there. The Steinberg CMC-QC-2 and RemoteZero still work. Note: I'm not even using EncoderPlain in the current .mst of the MFTwister: I went back to Fader7Bit (in case you think that change may be causing it).

Last edited by Funkybot; 12-31-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:42 PM   #5703
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Ok Geoff, some better news but still lots of bad:

1. Following your instructions Eucon connected [spoiler: until I closed Reaper]
2. Track Names and pans showed up in the OLEDS
3. Faders moved

But...

1. It was only the first 8 channels - banking didn't work, and clicking Nudge on the surface did nudge the 8th track to the 7th fader, but the 9th track never appeared. Just a blank OLED.

That was as far as I got until I stepped away from the PC to finish eating lunch, came back and...

2. Noticed the pan displays were all hard panned left - not sure if it was like this before,

3. Only the fader for the nudged track seemed to move, all others were at zero. Was it like this before? I don't think so, but maybe.

4. Restarted Reaper and all faders dropped to zero (pan and channel numbers appeared so it's communicating with Eucon)...

5. Opened a new project and...

Result: Nothing happens. I'm looking at pan and channel numbers. No track names, no faders moving, nothing. Restarting Reaper seems to have broken the connection between the .zon and Eucon.

Note: I can see the surface talking to CSI in the "Incoming" section of the Learn window. But it's not talking to the project or working anywhere near as expected. It's like the issue is that the project stops communicating with the zone/CSI, but the surface continues to try talking to CSI without getting anything back in return.

Also: yes, I overwrite all the zones with the ones in the latest build and didn't change anything in the Eucon zone.
Unfortunate you stepped way...

Here EuCon 19.12.1.23 very often just disconnects after a period of no activity -- doesn't it act like that for you ?

After that it's a crapshoot, until everything is restarted.

I've even had it spontaneously crash, just sitting there on the desktop, EuCon surfaces powered off, no Reaper or any other software running, just out of the blue -- "EuControl quit unexpectedly -- wanna send a report ?" type stuff.

So, for now let's keep our testing in the window of normal (no rest period) operation -- we'll tackle that part later, who knows, maybe CSI should do some handshaking every now and then to fix this

Now on the banking...

It was a hard decision about how to handle the infamous "track delete soooo slow" issue, so a bit of geeky detail.

If you want to change actual EuCon total track count you have to do some time consuming operations -- ugghh.

The alternatives are:
Assign a huge track count and hope nobody ever exceeds it -- ugghh

In keeping with the Reaper philosophy, let the user define the interface.

I think the best way to visualize it is this:

EuCon is a virtual console.

Reaper is (among other things) a virtual console.

CSI is the interface between the two virtual consoles.

This allows the EuCon interface to be more... we'll... EuConny.

You see the track banking you do because you set the EuCon virtual window too small.

Let's do a hypothetical setup.

You have 1 Artist Mix -- no other CSI surfaces.

You typically work with tracks counts around 75.

Go to config and set the EuCon first and last tracks to 1 and 100 to give you a bit of room -- don't forget, changing this is as easy as bouncing to config and returning, when we have this working properly, no reboot of Reaper, etc., will be required.

So, now you have a virtual EuCon surface that consists of 100 tracks, just use the EuCon banking normally.

For a more complex setup, like here where there are 2 Midi, 2 OSC and 1 EuCon surface (which is composed 2 physical Artist Mix surfaces) , the possibilities expand rapidly with combinations of EuCon banking plus CSI banking -- extremely flexible
Old 12-31-2019, 03:45 PM   #5704
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Geoff, ok, just went back up to today's build, tried the new zone and it still crashes immediately upon selection. Am I missing something?

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		ButtonsChannelPage|
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone ButtonsChannelPage|
        ChannelLeft Reaper 40286
	ChannelMute TrackMute
	ChannelSolo TrackSolo

TrimRead TrackAutoMode 0
	Touch TrackAutoMode 2
	Latch TrackAutoMode 4
	Write TrackAutoMode 3

Loop Reaper 1068
	Click Reaper 40364
	RecordArm TrackRecordArm
	Record Record

Rewind Reaper 40042
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop Stop
	Play Play

Undo Reaper 40029
	Redo Reaper 40030
	ZoomOut Reaper 1011
	ZoomIn Reaper 1012

Insert Reaper 40172
	Save Reaper 40026
	MIDIPanic Reaper 40345
	ClearPeaks Reaper 40527

ScreenSet1 Reaper 40454
	ScreenSet2 Reaper 40455
	ScreenSet3 Reaper 40456
	ScreenSet4 Reaper 40457

FXBrowser Reaper 40271
	Mixer Reaper 40078

Bank1 ToggleMapFocusedFX
	BankLeft TrackBank -8
	BankRight TrackBank 8
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|
	TrackNavigator
	IncludedZones
		Send|1-8
	Pan| TrackPan 0
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
ZoneEnd

Zone Send|
	ParentNavigator
	SendPan| TrackSendPan
	SendMute| TrackSendMute
ZoneEnd
Using the 12/31 build...deleted my old csi.ini, not using Eucon anywhere, deleted all my control surfaces, then added CSI from scratch. Still crashes as soon as I click ok to apply the new surface.

It's gotta be something in the syntax there. The Steinberg CMC-QC-2 and RemoteZero still work. Note: I'm not even using EncoderPlain in the current .mst of the MFTwister: I went back to Fader7Bit (in case you think that change may be causing it).
No, I think you still need EncoderPlain to make it work properly.

Don't see anything obvious, but my eyes are old
Old 12-31-2019, 03:46 PM   #5705
MixMonkey

This one's a bit of a bloodbath I'm afraid Geoff

After a few unsuccessful attempts at modifiying my setup, I started from scratch using the CSI folder from the DL (not the .ini) This is what I got:

Code:
Process:               REAPER [950]
Path:                  /Applications/REAPER64.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER
Identifier:            com.cockos.reaper
Version:               6.20.0 (6.20.0)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           REAPER [950]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2019-12-31 22:39:08.185 +0000
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G2022)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        B3DE415F-97E0-995E-EA26-974D3FBF70AD

Time Awake Since Boot: 6700 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [950]

VM Regions Near 0:
--> 
    __TEXT                 00000001045a1000-00000001050ed000 [ 11.3M] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/REAPER64.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER

Application Specific Information:
Performing @selector(onSwellCommand:) from sender REAPERSwell_button 0x600000dbf5a0

Thread 0 Crashed:: reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d109df5 std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >::__is_long() const + 21
1   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d111719 std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >::size() const + 25
2   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d0f102e bool std::__1::operator==<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&, char const*) + 46
3   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d0f7d69 ProcessZoneFile(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, ControlSurface*, std::__1::vector<Widget*, std::__1::allocator<Widget*> >&) + 1385
4   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d0f72ec ControlSurface::InitZones(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >) + 444
5   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d10e3d3 Midi_ControlSurface::Midi_ControlSurface(CSurfIntegrator*, Page*, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, midi_Input*, midi_Output*) + 387
6   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d0f1487 Midi_ControlSurface::Midi_ControlSurface(CSurfIntegrator*, Page*, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, midi_Input*, midi_Output*) + 71
7   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d0efd3c Manager::Init() + 2604
8   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d0aae8b CSurfIntegrator::Extended(int, void*, void*, void*) + 91
9   com.cockos.reaper             	0x00000001048dff69 CSurf_Extended(int, void*, void*, void*, IReaperControlSurface*) + 121
10  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104bcc0fe CSurfEditProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 1086
11  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104ae5c76 SwellDialogDefaultWindowProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 438
12  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104710142 __localModalHook(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 482
13  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36970644 -[NSApplication(NSResponder) sendAction:to:from:] + 312
14  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369da992 -[NSControl sendAction:to:] + 86
15  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369da8c4 __26-[NSCell _sendActionFrom:]_block_invoke + 136
16  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369da7c6 -[NSCell _sendActionFrom:] + 178
17  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36a0754b -[NSButtonCell _sendActionFrom:] + 96
18  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369d90e1 -[NSCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] + 2375
19  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36a0729c -[NSButtonCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] + 698
20  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369d7b1e -[NSControl mouseDown:] + 791
21  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368b3937 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _handleMouseDownEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 5724
22  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff367ea1a6 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _reallySendEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 2295
23  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff367e9667 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) sendEvent:] + 478
24  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36688e4b -[NSApplication(NSEvent) sendEvent:] + 331
25  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104915523 -[REAPERapp sendEvent:] + 5171
26  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368c3d06 -[NSApplication _doModalLoop:peek:] + 450
27  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368c275a __35-[NSApplication runModalForWindow:]_block_invoke_2 + 64
28  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368c2707 __35-[NSApplication runModalForWindow:]_block_invoke + 70
29  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368c1f71 _NSTryRunModal + 100
30  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368c1e56 -[NSApplication runModalForWindow:] + 128
31  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104aecf9c SWELL_DialogBox(SWELL_DialogResourceIndex*, char const*, HWND__*, long (*)(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long), long) + 332
32  com.cockos.reaper             	0x00000001047122f9 __localizeDialog(void*, char const*, HWND__*, long (*)(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long), long, int) + 425
33  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104bcc7fc PrefsCSurfProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 572
34  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104ae5c76 SwellDialogDefaultWindowProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 438
35  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36970644 -[NSApplication(NSResponder) sendAction:to:from:] + 312
36  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369da992 -[NSControl sendAction:to:] + 86
37  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369da8c4 __26-[NSCell _sendActionFrom:]_block_invoke + 136
38  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369da7c6 -[NSCell _sendActionFrom:] + 178
39  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36a0754b -[NSButtonCell _sendActionFrom:] + 96
40  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369d90e1 -[NSCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] + 2375
41  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36a0729c -[NSButtonCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] + 698
42  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369d7b1e -[NSControl mouseDown:] + 791
43  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368b3937 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _handleMouseDownEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 5724
44  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff367ea1a6 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _reallySendEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 2295
45  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff367e9667 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) sendEvent:] + 478
46  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36688e4b -[NSApplication(NSEvent) sendEvent:] + 331
47  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104915523 -[REAPERapp sendEvent:] + 5171
48  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff366775c0 -[NSApplication run] + 755
49  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36666ac8 NSApplicationMain + 777
50  com.cockos.reaper             	0x00000001045a28f4 start + 52
Setup was XT|XT|XT|MCU|C4|XT|XT. I'll cut it back to just the MCU and see if I can get a foothold
Old 12-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #5706
Funkybot

I'll try Eucon again tomorrow. I've honestly been having a great experience using the "old Eucon" implementation using my ArtistMix for mixing, then using CSI for transport, plugin control, etc. Old Eucon never gave me weird crashes or disconnects. The combo of the two has worked well here for my meager needs. I'm fine with sticking with it.

Regarding troubleshooting these issues: you're on a Mac right? Do you have a Windows partition you can boot into to test some of these issues for yourself on? Might be a good way to smoke out some of these problems.

As for the MFTwister crashing...

Code:
Zone Channel|
	TrackNavigator
	IncludedZones
		Send|1-8
	Pan| TrackPan 0
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
ZoneEnd
Do we need an IncludedZonesEnd added in there? Could that be the issue?
Old 12-31-2019, 03:54 PM   #5707
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
This one's a bit of a bloodbath I'm afraid Geoff

After a few unsuccessful attempts at modifiying my setup, I started from scratch using the CSI folder from the DL (not the .ini) This is what I got:

Code:
Process:               REAPER [950]
Path:                  /Applications/REAPER64.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER
Identifier:            com.cockos.reaper
Version:               6.20.0 (6.20.0)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           REAPER [950]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2019-12-31 22:39:08.185 +0000
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G2022)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        B3DE415F-97E0-995E-EA26-974D3FBF70AD

Time Awake Since Boot: 6700 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [950]

VM Regions Near 0:
--> 
    __TEXT                 00000001045a1000-00000001050ed000 [ 11.3M] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/REAPER64.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER

Application Specific Information:
Performing @selector(onSwellCommand:) from sender REAPERSwell_button 0x600000dbf5a0

Thread 0 Crashed:: reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d109df5 std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >::__is_long() const + 21
1   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d111719 std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >::size() const + 25
2   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d0f102e bool std::__1::operator==<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&, char const*) + 46
3   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d0f7d69 ProcessZoneFile(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, ControlSurface*, std::__1::vector<Widget*, std::__1::allocator<Widget*> >&) + 1385
4   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d0f72ec ControlSurface::InitZones(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >) + 444
5   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d10e3d3 Midi_ControlSurface::Midi_ControlSurface(CSurfIntegrator*, Page*, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, midi_Input*, midi_Output*) + 387
6   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d0f1487 Midi_ControlSurface::Midi_ControlSurface(CSurfIntegrator*, Page*, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, midi_Input*, midi_Output*) + 71
7   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d0efd3c Manager::Init() + 2604
8   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d0aae8b CSurfIntegrator::Extended(int, void*, void*, void*) + 91
9   com.cockos.reaper             	0x00000001048dff69 CSurf_Extended(int, void*, void*, void*, IReaperControlSurface*) + 121
10  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104bcc0fe CSurfEditProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 1086
11  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104ae5c76 SwellDialogDefaultWindowProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 438
12  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104710142 __localModalHook(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 482
13  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36970644 -[NSApplication(NSResponder) sendAction:to:from:] + 312
14  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369da992 -[NSControl sendAction:to:] + 86
15  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369da8c4 __26-[NSCell _sendActionFrom:]_block_invoke + 136
16  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369da7c6 -[NSCell _sendActionFrom:] + 178
17  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36a0754b -[NSButtonCell _sendActionFrom:] + 96
18  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369d90e1 -[NSCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] + 2375
19  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36a0729c -[NSButtonCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] + 698
20  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369d7b1e -[NSControl mouseDown:] + 791
21  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368b3937 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _handleMouseDownEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 5724
22  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff367ea1a6 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _reallySendEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 2295
23  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff367e9667 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) sendEvent:] + 478
24  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36688e4b -[NSApplication(NSEvent) sendEvent:] + 331
25  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104915523 -[REAPERapp sendEvent:] + 5171
26  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368c3d06 -[NSApplication _doModalLoop:peek:] + 450
27  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368c275a __35-[NSApplication runModalForWindow:]_block_invoke_2 + 64
28  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368c2707 __35-[NSApplication runModalForWindow:]_block_invoke + 70
29  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368c1f71 _NSTryRunModal + 100
30  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368c1e56 -[NSApplication runModalForWindow:] + 128
31  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104aecf9c SWELL_DialogBox(SWELL_DialogResourceIndex*, char const*, HWND__*, long (*)(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long), long) + 332
32  com.cockos.reaper             	0x00000001047122f9 __localizeDialog(void*, char const*, HWND__*, long (*)(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long), long, int) + 425
33  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104bcc7fc PrefsCSurfProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 572
34  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104ae5c76 SwellDialogDefaultWindowProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 438
35  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36970644 -[NSApplication(NSResponder) sendAction:to:from:] + 312
36  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369da992 -[NSControl sendAction:to:] + 86
37  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369da8c4 __26-[NSCell _sendActionFrom:]_block_invoke + 136
38  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369da7c6 -[NSCell _sendActionFrom:] + 178
39  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36a0754b -[NSButtonCell _sendActionFrom:] + 96
40  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369d90e1 -[NSCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] + 2375
41  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36a0729c -[NSButtonCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] + 698
42  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff369d7b1e -[NSControl mouseDown:] + 791
43  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff368b3937 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _handleMouseDownEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 5724
44  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff367ea1a6 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _reallySendEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 2295
45  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff367e9667 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) sendEvent:] + 478
46  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36688e4b -[NSApplication(NSEvent) sendEvent:] + 331
47  com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000104915523 -[REAPERapp sendEvent:] + 5171
48  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff366775c0 -[NSApplication run] + 755
49  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff36666ac8 NSApplicationMain + 777
50  com.cockos.reaper             	0x00000001045a28f4 start + 52
Setup was XT|XT|XT|MCU|C4|XT|XT. I'll cut it back to just the MCU and see if I can get a foothold
Yeah, you can see it's crashing at ProcessZoneFile, so it is file related.

I was worried this change was going to be a bit tricky, especially for the folks who have been around a while... sorry...

Any questions, ask away, that distinction between template and a normal expanded Zone is subtle.

Also note that even though Buttons is not expanded it still is a template so it is now Buttons| (or whatever your equivalent is)
Old 12-31-2019, 03:59 PM   #5708
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I'll try Eucon again tomorrow. I've honestly been having a great experience using the "old Eucon" implementation using my ArtistMix for mixing, then using CSI for transport, plugin control, etc. Old Eucon never gave me weird crashes or disconnects. The combo of the two has worked well here for my meager needs. I'm fine with sticking with it.

Regarding troubleshooting these issues: you're on a Mac right? Do you have a Windows partition you can boot into to test some of these issues for yourself on? Might be a good way to smoke out some of these problems.

As for the MFTwister crashing...

Code:
Zone Channel|
	TrackNavigator
	IncludedZones
		Send|1-8
	Pan| TrackPan 0
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
ZoneEnd
Do we need an IncludedZonesEnd added in there? Could that be the issue?
Yup, did have bootcamp, until a week or so ago, support is more or less leaving for that.

VM's are getting better but still not sufficient for testing some of this I/O (midi, EuCon, OSC, etc.) stuff.

And yes, I did warn about my eyes , missing that statement would blow up the parser eventually.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:05 PM   #5709
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yup, did have bootcamp, until a week or so ago, support is more or less leaving for that.

VM's are getting better but still not sufficient for testing some of this I/O (midi, EuCon, OSC, etc.) stuff.

And yes, I did warn about my eyes , missing that statement would blow up the parser eventually.
I’ll add it back in and try in a few but you may want edit your original post with the example of the before after changes.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:14 PM   #5710
MixMonkey

Quote:
Yeah, you can see it's crashing at ProcessZoneFile, so it is file related.

I was worried this change was going to be a bit tricky, especially for the folks who have been around a while... sorry...

Any questions, ask away, that distinction between template and a normal expanded Zone is subtle.

Also note that even though Buttons is not expanded it still is a template so it is now Buttons| (or whatever your equivalent is)
Ok, I ditched all the files from the DL, as they're obviously busted and cut back to a solo MCU.

I started the .zon from scratch and I've managed to get this far but the pan/pan width doesn't work properly:

Code:
Zone Home
		IncludedZones
			Buttons|
			Channel|1-8
			MasterTrack|
		IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons|
		BankLeft TrackBank -8
		BankRight TrackBank 8
		ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
		ChannelRight TrackBank 1
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|
		TrackNavigator
		VUMeter| TrackOutputMeter
		DisplayUpper| TrackNameDisplay
		DisplayLower| TrackPanDisplay
		TrackTouch+DisplayLower| TrackVolumeDisplay
		Rotary| TrackPan 0
		RecordArm| TrackRecordArm
		Solo| TrackSolo
		Mute| TrackMute
		Select| TrackUniqueSelect
		Shift+Select| TrackRangeSelect
		Control+Select| TrackSelect
		Shift+Control+Select| TogglePin
		Option+Select| TrackFolderDive
		Fader| TrackVolume
		TrackTouch+Fader| TrackVolume
		FaderTouch| TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone MasterTrack|
		MasterTrackNavigator
		MasterFader TrackVolume
		TrackTouch+MasterFader TrackVolume
		MasterFaderTouch TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone Pan|1-8
		TrackNavigator
		Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd

Zone PanWidth|1-8
		TrackNavigator
		ParentZone Channel|
		Rotary| TrackPanWidth 1
		DisplayLower| TrackPanWidthDisplay
		RotaryPush| GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd
Old 12-31-2019, 04:16 PM   #5711
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I’ll add it back in and try in a few but you may want edit your original post with the example of the before after changes.
Hmmm... geeez, I really am losing it, I can't find where it's wrong, can you point me there ? -- thanks
Old 12-31-2019, 04:23 PM   #5712
Funkybot

Looks like it’s there. I must have been looking in the wrong spot. My eyes are starting to get old too I guess.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:35 PM   #5713
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Ok, I ditched all the files from the DL, as they're obviously busted and cut back to a solo MCU.

I started the .zon from scratch and I've managed to get this far but the pan/pan width doesn't work properly:

Code:
Zone Home
		IncludedZones
			Buttons|
			Channel|1-8
			MasterTrack|
		IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons|
		BankLeft TrackBank -8
		BankRight TrackBank 8
		ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
		ChannelRight TrackBank 1
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|
		TrackNavigator
		Rotary| TrackPan 0
		RecordArm| TrackRecordArm
		Solo| TrackSolo
		Mute| TrackMute
		Select| TrackUniqueSelect
		Shift+Select| TrackRangeSelect
		Control+Select| TrackSelect
		Shift+Control+Select| TogglePin
		Option+Select| TrackFolderDive
		Fader| TrackVolume
		FaderTouch| TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone MasterTrack|
		MasterTrackNavigator
		MasterFader TrackVolume
		TrackTouch+MasterFader TrackVolume
		MasterFaderTouch TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone Pan|1-8
		TrackNavigator
		Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd

Zone PanWidth|1-8
		TrackNavigator
		ParentZone Channel|
		Rotary| TrackPanWidth 1
		RotaryPush| GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd
Hmmm...

First off, I think:

Code:
Zone Channel|
		TrackNavigator
		Fader| TrackVolume
		FaderTouch| TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
and:
Code:
Zone Pan|1-8
		TrackNavigator
		Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd

Zone PanWidth|1-8
		TrackNavigator
		ParentZone Channel|
		Rotary| TrackPanWidth 1
		RotaryPush| GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd
I think the Pan/Width issue is an actual bug that got introduced with the new included Zones syntax, thanks for catching it !
Old 12-31-2019, 04:36 PM   #5714
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Looks like it’s there. I must have been looking in the wrong spot. My eyes are starting to get old too I guess.
Cool, do things work now ?
Old 12-31-2019, 04:50 PM   #5715
MixMonkey

Quote:
Hmmm...

First off, I think:

Code:
Zone Channel|
		TrackNavigator
		Fader| TrackVolume
		FaderTouch| TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
and:
Code:
Zone Pan|1-8
		TrackNavigator
		Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd

Zone PanWidth|1-8
		TrackNavigator
		ParentZone Channel|
		Rotary| TrackPanWidth 1
		RotaryPush| GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd
I think the Pan/Width issue is an actual bug that got introduced with the new included Zones syntax, thanks for catching it !
Was that introduced in this build? was working fine right up until now.

I copied the ParentZone line from your AvidArtistMix .zon, was that wrong?

All the TrackTouch stuff still works fine btw.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:52 PM   #5716
Funkybot

Still doesn't work. The second I try to load this surface now, Reaper immediately crashes. Nothing looks strange to me in the zone. Is it an action being called? No idea.

MIDIFighterTwister.zon
Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		ButtonsChannelPage|
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone ButtonsChannelPage|
        ChannelLeft Reaper 40286
	ChannelMute TrackMute
	ChannelSolo TrackSolo

TrimRead TrackAutoMode 0
	Touch TrackAutoMode 2
	Latch TrackAutoMode 4
	Write TrackAutoMode 3

Loop Reaper 1068
	Click Reaper 40364
	RecordArm TrackRecordArm
	Record Record

Rewind Reaper 40042
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop Stop
	Play Play

Undo Reaper 40029
	Redo Reaper 40030
	ZoomOut Reaper 1011
	ZoomIn Reaper 1012

Insert Reaper 40172
	Save Reaper 40026
	MIDIPanic Reaper 40345
	ClearPeaks Reaper 40527

ScreenSet1 Reaper 40454
	ScreenSet2 Reaper 40455
	ScreenSet3 Reaper 40456
	ScreenSet4 Reaper 40457

FXBrowser Reaper 40271
	Mixer Reaper 40078

Bank1 ToggleMapFocusedFX
	BankLeft TrackBank -8
	BankRight TrackBank 8
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|
	TrackNavigator
	IncludedZones
		Send|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
	Pan| TrackPan 0
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
ZoneEnd

Zone Send|
	ParentNavigator
	SendPan| TrackSendPan
	SendMute| TrackSendMute
ZoneEnd
Old 12-31-2019, 04:53 PM   #5717
Funkybot

For good measure, here's the .mst. You can see I'm not even using the encoder logic at the moment, just straight up fader7bit for the rotaries...

MIDIFighterTwister.mst
Code:
Widget ChannelLeft
  Press B1 00 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelRight
  Press B1 01 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelMute
    Press B1 02 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 02 7F B1 02 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget ChannelSolo
    Press B1 03 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 03 7F B1 03 00
WidgetEnd

Widget TrimRead
    Press B1 04 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 04 7F B1 04 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Touch
    Press B1 05 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 05 7F B1 05 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Latch
    Press B1 06 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 06 7F B1 06 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Write
    Press B1 07 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 07 7F B1 07 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Loop
    Press B1 08 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 08 7F B1 08 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Click
    Press B1 09 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 09 7F B1 09 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm
    Press B1 0A 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 0A 7F B1 0A 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Record
    Press B1 0B 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 0B 7F B1 0B 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rewind
  Press B1 0C 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget FastForward
  Press B1 0D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Stop
  Press B1 0E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Play
    Press B1 0F 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 0F 7F B1 0F 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Bank1
    Press B3 00 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary1
	Fader7Bit b0 00 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 00 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary2
	Fader7Bit b0 01 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 01 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary3
	Fader7Bit b0 02 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 02 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary4
	Fader7Bit b0 03 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 03 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary5
	Fader7Bit b0 04 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 04 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary6
	Fader7Bit b0 05 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 05 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary7
	Fader7Bit b0 06 41
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 06 3f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary8
	Fader7Bit b0 07 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 07 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary9
	Fader7Bit b0 08 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 08 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary10
	Fader7Bit b0 09 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 09 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary11
	Fader7Bit b0 0a 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary12
	Fader7Bit b0 0b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary13
	Fader7Bit b0 0c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary14
	Fader7Bit b0 0d 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary15
	Fader7Bit b0 0e 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary16
	Fader7Bit b0 0f 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary1
	Fader7Bit b4 00 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 00 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary2
	Fader7Bit b4 01 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 01 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary3
	Fader7Bit b4 02 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 02 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary4
	Fader7Bit b4 03 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 03 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary5
	Fader7Bit b4 04 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 04 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary6
	Fader7Bit b4 05 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 05 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary7
	Fader7Bit b4 06 41
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 06 3f
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary8
	Fader7Bit b4 07 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 07 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary9
	Fader7Bit b4 08 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 08 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary10
	Fader7Bit b4 09 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 09 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary11
	Fader7Bit b4 0a 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 0a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary12
	Fader7Bit b4 0b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 0b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary13
	Fader7Bit b4 0c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 0c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary14
	Fader7Bit b4 0d 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 0d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary15
	Fader7Bit b4 0e 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 0e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary16
	Fader7Bit b4 0f 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 0f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Undo
  Press B1 10 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Redo
  Press B1 11 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomOut
  Press B1 12 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomIn
  Press B1 13 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Insert
  Press B1 14 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Save
  Press B1 15 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MIDIPanic
  Press B1 16 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ClearPeaks
  Press B1 17 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ScreenSet1
  Press B1 18 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ScreenSet2
  Press B1 19 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ScreenSet3
  Press B1 1A 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ScreenSet4
  Press B1 1B 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget FXBrowser
  Press B1 1C 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MediaExplorer
  Press B1 1D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget TrackManager
  Press B1 1E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Mixer
  Press B1 1F 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan1
	Fader7Bit b0 20 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 20 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan2
	Fader7Bit b0 21 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 21 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan3
	Fader7Bit b0 22 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 22 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan4
	Fader7Bit b0 23 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 23 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan5
	Fader7Bit b0 28 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 28 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan6
	Fader7Bit b0 29 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 29 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan7
	Fader7Bit b0 2a 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 2a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan8
	Fader7Bit b0 2b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 2b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader1
	Fader7Bit b0 24 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 24 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader2
	Fader7Bit b0 25 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 25 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader3
	Fader7Bit b0 26 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 26 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader4
	Fader7Bit b0 27 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 27 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader5
	Fader7Bit b0 2c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 2c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader6
	Fader7Bit b0 2d 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 2d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader7
	Fader7Bit b0 2e 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 2e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader8
	Fader7Bit b0 2f 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 2f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute1
    Press B1 20 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 20 7F B1 20 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute2
    Press B1 21 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 21 7F B1 21 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute3
    Press B1 22 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 22 7F B1 22 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute4
    Press B1 23 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 23 7F B1 23 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo1
    Press B1 24 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 24 7F B1 24 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo2
    Press B1 25 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 25 7F B1 25 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo3
    Press B1 26 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 26 7F B1 26 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo4
    Press B1 27 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 27 7F B1 27 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute5
    Press B1 28 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 28 7F B1 28 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute6
    Press B1 29 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 29 7F B1 29 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute7
    Press B1 2a 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 2a 7F B1 2a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute8
    Press B1 2b 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 2b 7F B1 2b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo5
    Press B1 2c 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 2c 7F B1 2c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo6
    Press B1 2d 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 2d 7F B1 2d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo7
    Press B1 2e 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 2e 7F B1 2e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo8
    Press B1 2f 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 2f 7F B1 2f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget BankLeft
    Press B3 15 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget BankRight
    Press B3 18 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan1
	Fader7Bit b0 30 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 30 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan2
	Fader7Bit b0 31 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 31 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan3
	Fader7Bit b0 32 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 32 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan4
	Fader7Bit b0 33 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 33 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan5
	Fader7Bit b0 38 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 38 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan6
	Fader7Bit b0 39 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 39 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan7
	Fader7Bit b0 3a 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 3a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan8
	Fader7Bit b0 3b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 3b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel1
	Fader7Bit b0 34 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 34 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel2
	Fader7Bit b0 35 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 35 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel3
	Fader7Bit b0 36 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 36 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel4
	Fader7Bit b0 37 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 37 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel5
	Fader7Bit b0 3c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 3c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel6
	Fader7Bit b0 3d 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 3d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel7
	Fader7Bit b0 3e 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 3e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel8
	Fader7Bit b0 3f 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 3f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute1
    Press B1 30 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 30 7F B1 30 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute2
    Press B1 31 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 31 7F B1 31 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute3
    Press B1 32 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 32 7F B1 32 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute4
    Press B1 33 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 33 7F B1 33 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute5
    Press B1 38 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 38 7F B1 38 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute6
    Press B1 39 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 39 7F B1 39 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute7
    Press B1 3a 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 3a 7F B1 3a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute8
    Press B1 3b 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 3b 7F B1 3b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost1
    Press B1 34 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 34 7F B1 34 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost2
    Press B1 35 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 35 7F B1 35 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost3
    Press B1 36 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 36 7F B1 36 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost4
    Press B1 37 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 37 7F B1 37 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost5
    Press B1 3c 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 3c 7F B1 3c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost6
    Press B1 3d 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 3d 7F B1 3d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost7
    Press B1 3e 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 3e 7F B1 3e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost8
    Press B1 3f 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 3f 7F B1 3f 00
WidgetEnd
Geoff, maybe you can chose some random MIDI ports and try to load these to see if you can reproduce the crash on your side.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:54 PM   #5718
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Was that introduced in this build? was working fine right up until now.

I copied the ParentZone line from your AvidArtistMix .zon, was that wrong?

All the TrackTouch stuff still works fine btw.
That's just me being negligent about cleaning up -- those are ancient things -- shouldn't be necessary anymore.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:00 PM   #5719
MixMonkey

Quote:
That's just me being negligent about cleaning up -- those are ancient things -- shouldn't be necessary anymore.
Ah, ok

The Pan works until I use the push, then it stops working the on screen control but the surface feedback still works (encoder ring, display). When I use the push to go back to Pan, it controls the Pan on track 9 instead of track 1...
Old 12-31-2019, 05:02 PM   #5720
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
For good measure, here's the .mst. You can see I'm not even using the encoder logic at the moment, just straight up fader7bit for the rotaries...

MIDIFighterTwister.mst
Code:
Widget ChannelLeft
  Press B1 00 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelRight
  Press B1 01 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelMute
    Press B1 02 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 02 7F B1 02 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget ChannelSolo
    Press B1 03 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 03 7F B1 03 00
WidgetEnd

Widget TrimRead
    Press B1 04 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 04 7F B1 04 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Touch
    Press B1 05 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 05 7F B1 05 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Latch
    Press B1 06 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 06 7F B1 06 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Write
    Press B1 07 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 07 7F B1 07 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Loop
    Press B1 08 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 08 7F B1 08 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Click
    Press B1 09 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 09 7F B1 09 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm
    Press B1 0A 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 0A 7F B1 0A 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Record
    Press B1 0B 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 0B 7F B1 0B 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rewind
  Press B1 0C 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget FastForward
  Press B1 0D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Stop
  Press B1 0E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Play
    Press B1 0F 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 0F 7F B1 0F 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Bank1
    Press B3 00 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary1
	Fader7Bit b0 00 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 00 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary2
	Fader7Bit b0 01 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 01 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary3
	Fader7Bit b0 02 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 02 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary4
	Fader7Bit b0 03 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 03 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary5
	Fader7Bit b0 04 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 04 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary6
	Fader7Bit b0 05 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 05 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary7
	Fader7Bit b0 06 41
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 06 3f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary8
	Fader7Bit b0 07 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 07 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary9
	Fader7Bit b0 08 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 08 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary10
	Fader7Bit b0 09 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 09 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary11
	Fader7Bit b0 0a 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary12
	Fader7Bit b0 0b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary13
	Fader7Bit b0 0c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary14
	Fader7Bit b0 0d 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary15
	Fader7Bit b0 0e 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary16
	Fader7Bit b0 0f 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary1
	Fader7Bit b4 00 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 00 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary2
	Fader7Bit b4 01 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 01 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary3
	Fader7Bit b4 02 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 02 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary4
	Fader7Bit b4 03 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 03 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary5
	Fader7Bit b4 04 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 04 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary6
	Fader7Bit b4 05 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 05 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary7
	Fader7Bit b4 06 41
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 06 3f
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary8
	Fader7Bit b4 07 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 07 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary9
	Fader7Bit b4 08 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 08 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary10
	Fader7Bit b4 09 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 09 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary11
	Fader7Bit b4 0a 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 0a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary12
	Fader7Bit b4 0b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 0b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary13
	Fader7Bit b4 0c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 0c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary14
	Fader7Bit b4 0d 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 0d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary15
	Fader7Bit b4 0e 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 0e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ShiftRotary16
	Fader7Bit b4 0f 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b4 0f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Undo
  Press B1 10 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Redo
  Press B1 11 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomOut
  Press B1 12 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomIn
  Press B1 13 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Insert
  Press B1 14 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Save
  Press B1 15 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MIDIPanic
  Press B1 16 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ClearPeaks
  Press B1 17 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ScreenSet1
  Press B1 18 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ScreenSet2
  Press B1 19 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ScreenSet3
  Press B1 1A 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ScreenSet4
  Press B1 1B 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget FXBrowser
  Press B1 1C 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MediaExplorer
  Press B1 1D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget TrackManager
  Press B1 1E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Mixer
  Press B1 1F 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan1
	Fader7Bit b0 20 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 20 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan2
	Fader7Bit b0 21 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 21 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan3
	Fader7Bit b0 22 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 22 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan4
	Fader7Bit b0 23 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 23 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan5
	Fader7Bit b0 28 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 28 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan6
	Fader7Bit b0 29 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 29 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan7
	Fader7Bit b0 2a 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 2a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan8
	Fader7Bit b0 2b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 2b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader1
	Fader7Bit b0 24 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 24 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader2
	Fader7Bit b0 25 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 25 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader3
	Fader7Bit b0 26 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 26 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader4
	Fader7Bit b0 27 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 27 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader5
	Fader7Bit b0 2c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 2c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader6
	Fader7Bit b0 2d 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 2d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader7
	Fader7Bit b0 2e 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 2e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader8
	Fader7Bit b0 2f 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 2f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute1
    Press B1 20 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 20 7F B1 20 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute2
    Press B1 21 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 21 7F B1 21 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute3
    Press B1 22 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 22 7F B1 22 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute4
    Press B1 23 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 23 7F B1 23 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo1
    Press B1 24 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 24 7F B1 24 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo2
    Press B1 25 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 25 7F B1 25 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo3
    Press B1 26 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 26 7F B1 26 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo4
    Press B1 27 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 27 7F B1 27 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute5
    Press B1 28 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 28 7F B1 28 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute6
    Press B1 29 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 29 7F B1 29 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute7
    Press B1 2a 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 2a 7F B1 2a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute8
    Press B1 2b 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 2b 7F B1 2b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo5
    Press B1 2c 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 2c 7F B1 2c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo6
    Press B1 2d 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 2d 7F B1 2d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo7
    Press B1 2e 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 2e 7F B1 2e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo8
    Press B1 2f 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 2f 7F B1 2f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget BankLeft
    Press B3 15 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget BankRight
    Press B3 18 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan1
	Fader7Bit b0 30 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 30 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan2
	Fader7Bit b0 31 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 31 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan3
	Fader7Bit b0 32 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 32 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan4
	Fader7Bit b0 33 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 33 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan5
	Fader7Bit b0 38 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 38 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan6
	Fader7Bit b0 39 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 39 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan7
	Fader7Bit b0 3a 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 3a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendPan8
	Fader7Bit b0 3b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 3b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel1
	Fader7Bit b0 34 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 34 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel2
	Fader7Bit b0 35 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 35 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel3
	Fader7Bit b0 36 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 36 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel4
	Fader7Bit b0 37 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 37 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel5
	Fader7Bit b0 3c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 3c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel6
	Fader7Bit b0 3d 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 3d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel7
	Fader7Bit b0 3e 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 3e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendLevel8
	Fader7Bit b0 3f 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 3f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute1
    Press B1 30 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 30 7F B1 30 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute2
    Press B1 31 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 31 7F B1 31 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute3
    Press B1 32 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 32 7F B1 32 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute4
    Press B1 33 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 33 7F B1 33 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute5
    Press B1 38 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 38 7F B1 38 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute6
    Press B1 39 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 39 7F B1 39 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute7
    Press B1 3a 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 3a 7F B1 3a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SendMute8
    Press B1 3b 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 3b 7F B1 3b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost1
    Press B1 34 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 34 7F B1 34 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost2
    Press B1 35 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 35 7F B1 35 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost3
    Press B1 36 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 36 7F B1 36 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost4
    Press B1 37 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 37 7F B1 37 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost5
    Press B1 3c 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 3c 7F B1 3c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost6
    Press B1 3d 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 3d 7F B1 3d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost7
    Press B1 3e 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 3e 7F B1 3e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PrePost8
    Press B1 3f 7F
    FB_TwoState B1 3f 7F B1 3f 00
WidgetEnd
Once again, don't use fader widgets for encoders, it never ends well, I need to find a way to convince you to stop doing this Why do you keep thinking a Fader Widget will work properly with an Encoder ? It will not -- ever

All meant in good fun, but also true -- faders are not encoders and vice versa

However, none of this should cause a crash... ever... investigating...