Old 09-19-2020, 03:22 AM   #1
falloc
Human being with feelings

Default nanokontrol 2 with reaper not working

My nanokontrol 2 just arrived yesterday. After installing the driver I connected it to a windows 8.1 laptop to use with reaper. I couldn't get it to work at first and when I read the instructions I found out I had to press and hold the "set marker" and "cycle" buttons when connecting. So I tried that too. I also mapped it to "mackie control universal" setting with midi inputs and outputs selected. Nothing seems to work. The only functioning inputs are the pan controls. But even they are not correctly functional, when I slightly move them they go maximum left or right.

I tried to find solutions on youtube and google. One of them was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9OfwDr8oYQ&t=735s but I couldn't do exactly what was said here. Only when I tried the "HUI(partial)" as control surface it started to slightly react but still worked wrongly. For example the solo track button on the device works to send the fader to minus infinite and the record arm button worked as 100% pan left. Except these and the pan knobs(see above) the other buttons/faders have no reaction.
falloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
jazzmandan

Just thinking today of ordering the little nanokontrol 2. Number of folks over in VI-Control recommend it but suggested there may be some issues with Reaper! Then I come here see this message in the forum, so I start to do a deep dive search. After 10 minutes I have determined that this is not where I want to go. Good luck and hope you figure it out.
"significantly better than bad..." - Dell XPS i7, 16G Ram, Win 10 64Bit, REAPER 64Bit, MOTU Audio Express, PG Music - BIAB 2020, Kontakt 5, more VSTs than I know what to do with. Will trade all to play the guitar and keys better!
jazzmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:42 PM   #3
falloc

Well I saw some people on youtube use it in Reaper. I guess there may be a way around by setting it up correctly if only I find it. Good luck to you also.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:33 AM   #4
pwallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloc View Post
Well I saw some people on youtube use it in Reaper. I guess there may be a way around by setting it up correctly if only I find it. Good luck to you also.
Works well with Klinke's add on. Only metronome button does not work.
pwallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:43 AM   #5
falloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwallin View Post
Works well with Klinke's add on. Only metronome button does not work.
I don't have Klinke's add on. How can I find it?
Old 09-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #6
pwallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloc View Post
I don't have Klinke's add on. How can I find it?
This may help. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=81818
pwallin is offline   Reply With Quote