Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 08-26-2019, 06:51 AM   #4161
matnoir
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Cool, first off, if you have the time, could you please attempt to get set up with the soft keys in the .zip file. It should be simply a matter of placing the enclosed .xml file in the folder indicated in the picture.

If that works, please tell me, I'll include it in the next build for Control owners.

Now, you need to assign a key to ToggleScrollLink -- maybe you want to use the Softkey named "Track" to do this, here is the line you need to enter in you .zon file -- put it in the Buttons Zone, replacing the definition that is there now:

Old definition:

Code:
	Track ToggleMapFXMenu
New definition:

Code:
        Track ToggleScrollLink
Then, just engage that, and you should get the behaviour you want.

Let me know what happens.

The reason you only see 4 Tracks in the your window is you're missing the extra Mix units that are present in the video.
Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your reply.

The new XML file is fine, I now have new commands assigned to the buttons below the main screen. Cool :-)

I also modified my .zon file as you showed, but unfortunately it does not change a thing, even though I tried restarting Reaper and Eucon apps several times, just in case. I also downloaded the latest package from the stash (and modified again the .zon file accordingly).

I tried monitoring the midi exchanges, and there are none when selecting a given track nor by using the "select next track" action.

All this being said, I'm not sure I have understood what you meant by "just engage that". Did I miss to engage something somewhere, like in the prefs or else ?

Kind regards,
p@T
matnoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:27 AM   #4162
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Thanks for the help but I think I need more help, please.

I tried to set that up for the Nano but the whole thing did not work and it was not apparent to me what´s going on.

So I went for the XT1 with less knobs and more straight forward scroll/zoom section and prepared a .mst file and started on a .zon which needs testing, when I noticed that when setting up a CSI in the preferences the .mst files I made show up and can be chosen while the .zon files never show up; I erased all MCU files in the Reaper folder, put the .zon as only file in the MCU-folder but it is still not showing - it just shows the standard MCU.zon file I am shure I erased...

Very strange. Is there a solution to this riddle?
Grateful for any help!
Yes, there is an answer to this riddle -- substandard UI design on this end

The text is now "Zone", it should be "Folder Zone", fixing...

Zone Folder is the designated starting point for all of your .zon files, you should make a Folder of your own, then it will show up in the dropdown.

Inside that folder you are free to arrange any way you want, with subfolders, etc.

All folders will be searched and loaded.

You can think of the Zone Folder as the place where all of your .zon customizations are stored.

Just don't put any archived or unused ones in there, they will be picked up too

Also, you can split the .zon files up any way you want -- you can put just one Zone in a file --- great for FX -- you can put more than one Zone in a file -- great for consoles.

Try this approach and let me know what happens -- thanks for testing !!

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 08-26-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:07 AM   #4163
Mr. Green

Hello - just want to thank you all for the responses to my questions the last couple of days.
Continuing - 3 quick questions:

-Do you know if it's possible to prevent the Console 1 software from auto-starting with Windows without uninstalling it? (disabling it from the Startup list has no effect, oddly).

-I've noticed in "midi mode", the Console 1 hardware has all rotaries lit at their lowest value. For use in plugins where only a few will be mapped at a time, I would like to disable un-mapped lights altogether to aid in quick navigation (I know the XTouch Mini can do this). Is this possible? As the native software mode allows for this, I'd like to hope there is a way.

-I've seen the mapping for the i/o meters - and that's very nice! Am I able to map the gain reduction meter as well? Perhaps from whatever values are being sent to Reaper for it's own metering? If plugins have any metering outputs available, do they show up in the FXParams pop-up list?

Thanks! - and onward we go...
Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:12 AM   #4164
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by matnoir View Post
Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your reply.

The new XML file is fine, I now have new commands assigned to the buttons below the main screen. Cool :-)

I also modified my .zon file as you showed, but unfortunately it does not change a thing, even though I tried restarting Reaper and Eucon apps several times, just in case. I also downloaded the latest package from the stash (and modified again the .zon file accordingly).

I tried monitoring the midi exchanges, and there are none when selecting a given track nor by using the "select next track" action.

All this being said, I'm not sure I have understood what you meant by "just engage that". Did I miss to engage something somewhere, like in the prefs or else ?

Kind regards,
p@T
Great, having the same set of soft keys will help a lot, thanks for testing !!

Folks, the soft key set is now included in the build for anyone with a Euphonix/Avid Control unit. Please take a few seconds to install this -- it will make troubleshooting MUCH easier. It's just putting one file in a folder -- picture included

Now, let's see what's wrong here.

By engage I mean pressing the button.

So, assuming you have mapped ToggleScrollLink to the Track soft key, when you press the Track key it should light up on the screen -- the word Track and the background should change color -- aka -- engaged.

Now when you select a Track in Reaper that is not visible on the surface the surface will scroll to make that Track leftmost.

When you select a Track on the surface that is not visible on the screen, Reaper will scroll to make that Track visible.

Let me know if this works.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:19 AM   #4165
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Green View Post
Hello - just want to thank you all for the responses to my questions the last couple of days.
Continuing - 3 quick questions:

-Do you know if it's possible to prevent the Console 1 software from auto-starting with Windows without uninstalling it? (disabling it from the Startup list has no effect, oddly).
I haven't lived in the Windows world for years now, maybe someone using modern Windows could chime in -- seem to recall you had to remove it in 2 places...

Quote:
-I've noticed in "midi mode", the Console 1 hardware has all rotaries lit at their lowest value. For use in plugins where only a few will be mapped at a time, I would like to disable un-mapped lights altogether to aid in quick navigation (I know the XTouch Mini can do this). Is this possible? As the native software mode allows for this, I'd like to hope there is a way.
That would be really nice, but unfortunately haven't found a way to do that with Midi.

Quote:
-I've seen the mapping for the i/o meters - and that's very nice! Am I able to map the gain reduction meter as well? Perhaps from whatever values are being sent to Reaper for it's own metering? If plugins have any metering outputs available, do they show up in the FXParams pop-up list?
They don't show up in the params list as far as I remember, but we did have primitive Gain Reduction metering working on plugins that supported it back in the prototyping days -- that code will return fairly soon, improved
Old 08-26-2019, 01:19 PM   #4166
Mr. Green

Thank you.
What's the quickest/best way to refresh these .zon files for testing?
Old 08-26-2019, 01:30 PM   #4167
WaveTrans

Quote:
Yes, there is an answer to this riddle -- substandard UI design on this end

The text is now "Zone", it should be "Zone Folder", fixing...

Zone Folder is the designated starting point for all of your .zon files, you should make a Folder of your own, then it will show up in the dropdown.

Inside that folder you are free to arrange any way you want, with subfolders, etc.

All folders will be searched and loaded.

You can think of the Zone Folder as the place where all of your .zon customizations are stored.

Just don't put any archived or unused ones in there, they will be picked up too

Also, you can split the .zon files up any way you want -- you can put just one Zone in a file --- great for FX -- you can put more than one Zone in a file -- great for consoles.

Try this approach and let me know what happens -- thanks for testing !!
Thanks very much, Sir!
Works now without problems.
And splitting the zone files may help with the testing.

Meanwhile I managed to put scrolling in (which is a major breakthrough for me, also very helpful is the Reaper action list on GitHub.)

However, presently I´m fighting with the Zoom function.

I put in the XT1.mst (from the MCU.mst):

Widget Zoom
Press 90 64 7f
FB_TwoState 90 64 7f 90 64 00
WidgetEnd

for the zoom button.

However, it doesn´t light up, when it is pushed.
(while the nudge button in same syntax is permanently lit).

So apart from that, how do I confer Zoom onto the arrow keys with the Zoom button?

I thought of

Zone Buttons
Zoom| GoZone Zoom1|
ZoneEnd

Zone Zoom1
Reaper 40111
Reaper 40112
Reaper 1011
Reaper 1012
ZoneEnd

But I couldn´t think of a way to implement keyarrow dependent In/Out Zoom action call-up.

For the Nano it would be interesting how to confer the Zoom in/out onto the JogWheel rotary.

There´s also the Pan issue,

the rotary mark is hanging to the left and not moving.

The XT1.mst contains:

Widget Rotary
Encoder b0 10 7f
FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush
Press 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd

Zone file contains
Zone Channel|1-8
TrackNavigator
RotaryPush| GoZone PanWidth|
Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd

Zone Pan|1-8
TrackNavigator
Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd

Zone PanWidth|1-8
TrackNavigator
Rotary| TrackPanWidth 1
RotaryPush| GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd

...doesn´t work.

Well, lots of funcitons do not work yet, intersetingly the master fader does, however, e.g. the Channel switch and banking do not work either. Since so many functions do not work, so maybe I have general setup issue with the XT1.zon

Here´s the start of the XT1.zon (as copied from the MCU.zon)

Zone Home
OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
IncludedZones
Buttons
Channel|1-8
IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

I guess, any function concerning tracks, like opening FXmenu, should be in the Channel zone?

Well, sorry for this plethora of questions, think the CSI virus got me.

As ever grateful for any help!
Best regards,
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:46 PM   #4168
Mr. Green

Also, I am attempting to assign one of the encoders on the Console 1 to scroll it's track selection left or right over the MCP (counter-clockwise or clockwise). What Action would I use for that?
Old 08-26-2019, 02:13 PM   #4169
matnoir

Quote:
Great, having the same set of soft keys will help a lot, thanks for testing !!

Folks, the soft key set is now included in the build for anyone with a Euphonix/Avid Control unit. Please take a few seconds to install this -- it will make troubleshooting MUCH easier. It's just putting one file in a folder -- picture included

Now, let's see what's wrong here.

By engage I mean pressing the button.

So, assuming you have mapped ToggleScrollLink to the Track soft key, when you press the Track key it should light up on the screen -- the word Track and the background should change color -- aka -- engaged.

Now when you select a Track in Reaper that is not visible on the surface the surface will scroll to make that Track leftmost.

When you select a Track on the surface that is not visible on the screen, Reaper will scroll to make that Track visible.

Let me know if this works.
Haha, I got it :-) As, even in my past Pro Tools days I kinda never scrolled the soft keys, I did not think of that.

Track now engaged and works like a charm [EDIT: both ways, screen scrolls faders, and CS track selection scrolls screen], thanks a lot, this is really a life saver for me !

Kind regards,
p@T

Last edited by matnoir; 08-26-2019 at 02:29 PM.
matnoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:13 PM   #4170
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thank you.
What's the quickest/best way to refresh these .zon files for testing?
Sorry, don't know what you mean by "refresh these .zon files for testing", please clarify.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #4171
Mr. Green

Quote:
Sorry, don't know what you mean by "refresh these .zon files for testing", please clarify.
Apologies for that. When I make aleterations to the .zon files, what's the easiest way to "refresh" the CSI configuration Reaper to test how they work?
Old 08-26-2019, 02:37 PM   #4172
Mr. Green

Another question, this time regarding sends on the Console 1 (sorry If I'm driving you crazy) :-)

All I can find on the topic is the command:
"OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets"

I would like to link the 10 rotaries in the EQ panel to the first 10 sends of the selected track in Reaper. How would I go about doing this?
Old 08-26-2019, 02:41 PM   #4173
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thanks very much, Sir!
Works now without problems.
And splitting the zone files may help with the testing.

Meanwhile I managed to put scrolling in (which is a major breakthrough for me, also very helpful is the Reaper action list on GitHub.)
Great !!

How is the Reaper Action list on GitHub better than the one in Reaper itself ?

Quote:
However, presently I´m fighting with the Zoom function.

I put in the XT1.mst (from the MCU.mst):

Widget Zoom
Press 90 64 7f
FB_TwoState 90 64 7f 90 64 00
WidgetEnd

for the zoom button.

However, it doesn´t light up, when it is pushed.
(while the nudge button in same syntax is permanently lit).

So apart from that, how do I confer Zoom onto the arrow keys with the Zoom button?

I thought of

Zone Buttons
Zoom| GoZone Zoom1|
ZoneEnd

Zone Zoom1
Reaper 40111
Reaper 40112
Reaper 1011
Reaper 1012
ZoneEnd

But I couldn´t think of a way to implement keyarrow dependent In/Out Zoom action call-up.

For the Nano it would be interesting how to confer the Zoom in/out onto the JogWheel rotary.
The lighting/not lighting is controlled by the .zon file, not the .mst file.

Unfortunately, the Reaper action feedback is kinda' all over

Some return feedback, others don't, others seem permanently on, etc.

Try exchanging the zoom/nudge definitions in the .zon file, and see what happens.

As far as the mapping, let's sort this out first.

Quote:
There´s also the Pan issue,

the rotary mark is hanging to the left and not moving.

The XT1.mst contains:

Widget Rotary
Encoder b0 10 7f
FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush
Press 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd

Zone file contains
Zone Channel|1-8
TrackNavigator
Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd

Zone Pan|1-8
TrackNavigator
Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd

Zone PanWidth|1-8
TrackNavigator
Rotary| TrackPanWidth 1
RotaryPush| GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd

...doesn´t work.

Well, lots of funcitons do not work yet, intersetingly the master fader does, however, e.g. the Channel switch and banking do not work either. Since so many functions do not work, so maybe I have general setup issue with the XT1.zon

Here´s the start of the XT1.zon (as copied from the MCU.zon)

Zone Home
IncludedZones
Buttons
Channel|1-8
IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

I guess, any function concerning tracks, like opening FXmenu, should be in the Channel zone?

Yeah, this will be documented later, but see the definition:
Code:
Channel|1-8
that means it will be expanded to Channel1, Channel2, Channel3, ... Channel8

also anything with a | will get replaced by a number so
Code:
Zone Pan|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd
will generate Rotary1, Rotary2, Rotary3, .. Rotary8

See how your .mst file has this:
Code:
Widget Rotary
	Encoder b0 10 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
WidgetEnd
There is a definition for Rotary, not for Rotary1, Rotary2, ... etc.

Sine you only have one Channel, you can avoid all of this -- just keep your .mst file and modify your .zon files like this:

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		Buttons 
		Channel
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel
	TrackNavigator
	RotaryPush GoZone PanWidth
	Rotary TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd

Zone Pan
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary TrackPan 0
	RotaryPush GoZone PanWidth
ZoneEnd

Zone PanWidth
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary TrackPanWidth 1
	RotaryPush GoZone Pan
ZoneEnd
Old 08-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #4174
Mr. Green

Geoff,
I have buttons assigned to mute send channels on a track, but I am unable to get any control feedback for send mute status from Reaper when switching tracks. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a limitation of the software?
Old 08-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #4175
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Also, I am attempting to assign one of the encoders on the Console 1 to scroll it's track selection left or right over the MCP (counter-clockwise or clockwise). What Action would I use for that?
Maybe down the road, but right now that is apples and oranges.

The Console1 Rotaries are 7 bit faders, not encoders.

Encoders generate plus/minus, just what you need.

7 bit rotaries generate values from 0-127.

Although we might be able to build a special behaviour that translates the last movement versus the previous to calculate direction, that is a feature well down on the list.

Why not just use the Page(Track) +/- buttons ?
Old 08-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #4176
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by matnoir View Post
Haha, I got it :-) As, even in my past Pro Tools days I kinda never scrolled the soft keys, I did not think of that.

Track now engaged and works like a charm [EDIT: both ways, screen scrolls faders, and CS track selection scrolls screen], thanks a lot, this is really a life saver for me !

Kind regards,
p@T
Great !!
Old 08-26-2019, 02:49 PM   #4177
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Apologies for that. When I make aleterations to the .zon files, what's the easiest way to "refresh" the CSI configuration Reaper to test how they work?
Ah, just go into the config screen and press OK, that causes a reload.

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 08-26-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:56 PM   #4178
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Another question, this time regarding sends on the Console 1 (sorry If I'm driving you crazy) :-)

All I can find on the topic is the command:
"OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets"

I would like to link the 10 rotaries in the EQ panel to the first 10 sends of the selected track in Reaper. How would I go about doing this?
Ah, that's a feature request (or a bug), right now Sends are designed to work with auto generate only.

Will put it on the to do list.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #4179
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Geoff,
I have buttons assigned to mute send channels on a track, but I am unable to get any control feedback for send mute status from Reaper when switching tracks. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a limitation of the software?
Not quite sure, I think that might be a limitation as noted earlier with Send autogenerate.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:03 PM   #4180
Mr. Green

Quote:
Maybe down the road, but right now that is apples and oranges.

The Console1 Rotaries are 7 bit faders, not encoders.

Encoders generate plus/minus, just what you need.

7 bit rotaries generate values from 0-127.

Although we might be able to build a special behaviour that translates the last movement versus the previous to calculate direction, that is a feature well down on the list.

Why not just use the Page(Track) +/- buttons ?
I figured it might be that. I guess I was wondering if there was a way to re-define the behavior of the encoder to handle that task (relative values?).
It's a feature similar to one in Studio One combined with a Faderport 8 (or 16) that I really WANTED to use, but rarely did because the travel distance required to stretch my arm over the desk just for a bit of quick navigation made it easier to revert to using the mouse instead. I have dreams of one day being able to zip around a large session at lightning speed at the touch of a nearby dial - lol. :-)

Quote:
Ah, just into the config screen and press OK, that causes a reload.
Thx!
Old 08-26-2019, 03:08 PM   #4181
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I figured it might be that. I guess I was wondering if there was a way to re-define the behavior of the encoder to handle that task (relative values?).
Not that I know of, but remember, an encoder can always be replaced with 2 buttons -- Increment and Decrement, that might be the way to go, there's a lot of free buttons(20) on the top row
Old 08-26-2019, 03:14 PM   #4182
Mr. Green

Quote:
Ah, that's a feature request (or a bug), right now Sends are designed to work with auto generate only.

Will put it on the to do list.
Got it.
This ties in to another thing I am wondering about:

A couple of days ago I asked about whether I should use CSI alone or in combination with another mapper like ReaLearn. I did attempt to combine the two over the weekend, but was unable to share the midi i/o port of the Console 1, and found no way to tie into ReaLearn from CSI. To cover some of the things still in development - and perhaps other things - would it be possible to pass un-mapped midi commands through CSI to ReaLearn somehow? Perhaps with a virtual midi device or something like that?
Old 08-26-2019, 03:40 PM   #4183
Mr. Green

I'm about to set up an .mst file for an XTouch Mini. Is there an easy way I can get it's current parameters into a new file?
Old 08-26-2019, 03:54 PM   #4184
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I'm about to set up an .mst file for an XTouch Mini. Is there an easy way I can get it's current parameters into a new file?
I would take a copy of MCU.mst, rename it to XTouchMini.mst and begin editing.

Turn on Midi In Monitor, press a button and see if it matches what you see in the MCU map, I bet a lot will be similar.

Then just fix up the outliers, voia XTouchMini.mst

Once you have it working, please post the contents and it will be included in the builds.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:17 PM   #4185
Mr. Green

Quote:
I would take a copy of MCU.mst, rename it to XTouchMini.mst and begin editing.

Turn on Midi In Monitor, press a button and see if it matches what you see in the MCU map, I bet a lot will be similar.

Then just fix up the outliers, voia XTouchMini.mst

Once you have it working, please post the contents and it will be included in the builds.
Is that in MC or midi control mode? Lots more controls in midi.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #4186
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Is that in MC or midi control mode? Lots more controls in midi.
I would start with MC just to get up and running, you don't have to map everything at first -- any line that starts with a "/" is a comment line, so I usually comment everything out but the transport, get that working, then add in the other stuff.

It goes pretty fast once you get started...
Old 08-26-2019, 04:29 PM   #4187
Mr. Green

Ok.
Just tried something here...

There's a whole lot of MIDI/CC actions in Reaper that could be tied to these rotaries - many of which I would love to try out - but when I do so, they all snap/lock to 50% when adjusted. I'm guessing this is tied to that knob behavior thing right?
BUT - when I adjust the parameter from Reaper (in this particular case, Volume via MIDI CC/OSC), it sends back PERFECT feedback to the leds. Any thoughts here?

edit: Well, only for MIDI/CC volume so far. FX parameters and Sends MIDI CC don't send back feedback it seems.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:12 PM   #4188
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Ok.
Just tried something here...

There's a whole lot of MIDI/CC actions in Reaper that could be tied to these rotaries - many of which I would love to try out - but when I do so, they all snap/lock to 50% when adjusted. I'm guessing this is tied to that knob behavior thing right?
BUT - when I adjust the parameter from Reaper (in this particular case, Volume via MIDI CC/OSC), it sends back PERFECT feedback to the leds. Any thoughts here?

edit: Well, only for MIDI/CC volume so far. FX parameters and Sends MIDI CC don't send back feedback it seems.
Hmmm...

All values in CSI are normalized, they are not the raw midi values.

CSI Design

Translate front end data -- midi -- OSC -- etc. to normalized values that can be used with Reaper actions.

All internal values are in the 0-1 range floating point.

This allows for simplified cross operation with things like OSC -- OSC uses exactly the same .zon files as midi.

What are you trying to do, maybe there is another way.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:36 PM   #4189
Geoff Waddington

OK, some great questions here, so far so good on the OSC stuff, architecture seems to be holding up (fingers crossed)

Seems like it is finally time to write some docs.

I'm sure I'll get no argument
Old 08-26-2019, 06:10 PM   #4190
Mr. Green

I think I just figured out no "spaces" are allowed in the .zon or .mst file names, correct?
Old 08-26-2019, 06:29 PM   #4191
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I think I just figured out no "spaces" are allowed in the .zon or .mst file names, correct?
Correct, and if you can avoid them elsewhere, please do so.

And if you can't avoid them, put them in quotes, like the FX/VST names in the FX .zon files.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:00 PM   #4192
Mr. Green

Is there a list of the various types of widgets I can use for reference?
Old 08-26-2019, 09:53 PM   #4193
Mr. Green

Also, how does "MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets" work?
(i.e. - what do you mean by "autogenerate?)
Old 08-27-2019, 12:05 AM   #4194
Mr. Green

Trying hard to figure this out.

Attempting to map some basic sends on my XTouchMini. Not working. Please take a look...
------------------

Zone Home
ZoneEnd

Zone Send|1-8
SelectedTrackNavigator
RotaryPushA| TrackSendMute
RotaryA| TrackSendVolume
ZoneEnd
---------------------
Rotaries are named RotaryA1, RotaryA2, etc.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:40 AM   #4195
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Is there a list of the various types of widgets I can use for reference?
Working on docs as we speak
Old 08-27-2019, 01:55 AM   #4196
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Trying hard to figure this out.

Attempting to map some basic sends on my XTouchMini. Not working. Please take a look...
------------------

Zone Home
ZoneEnd

Zone Send|1-8
SelectedTrackNavigator
RotaryPushA| TrackSendMute
RotaryA| TrackSendVolume
ZoneEnd
---------------------
Rotaries are named RotaryA1, RotaryA2, etc.
In answer to your previous post, autogenerate is really just a shorthand for repetitive things and is illustrated by Send|1-8.

This will be expanded internally to 8 Zones -- named Send1, Send2, Send3... Send8.

You have the Rotary definitions right -- any | characters get replaced with a number, so autogenerate gives you RotaryA1, RotaryA2...

You are missing the switch to turn it on -- and yes there has been discussion of having a checkbox option in config to have it default to on -- saves having to map a button for it -- but for now, you need this last piece in your Buttons Zone and you should be good to go:
Code:
Zone Buttons
         someButton ToggleMapSends
ZoneEnd
Old 08-27-2019, 05:38 AM   #4197
WaveTrans

Quote:
Great !!

How is the Reaper Action list on GitHub better than the one in Reaper itself ?

[/code]
I googled for the action IDs which I missed in the actionlist.

Didn´t know then, it was just a matter of display fields there.

Was educated by this post now

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...42&postcount=4
From thread
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....42#post1948242

Use of the regularly updated list is of course preferable.

Thanks for making me inquire.

Last edited by WaveTrans; 08-27-2019 at 05:46 AM.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:55 AM   #4198
Mr. Green

Quote:
...You are missing the switch to turn it on -- and yes there has been discussion of having a checkbox option in config to have it default to on -- saves having to map a button for it
I would definitely like that. In fact, my main goal for the past day has been to map out a group of send controls I don't have to dig past a layer to get to. Thx!

Btw - I discovered that if I precede the command "ToggleMapSends" with the condition "OnTrackSelection", I can crash the whole DAW - muahaha. :-)

Last edited by Mr. Green; 08-27-2019 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-27-2019, 05:58 AM   #4199
MixMonkey

Quote:
You are missing the switch to turn it on -- and yes there has been discussion of having a checkbox option in config to have it default to on -- saves having to map a button for it
Code:
Zone Buttons
         someButton ToggleMapSends
ZoneEnd
Along similar lines, maybe default ToggleScrollLink to 'On'
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:07 AM   #4200
Mr. Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Along similar lines, maybe default ToggleScrollLink to 'On'