Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 04-15-2007, 04:13 AM   #1
jdavidb
Human being with feelings

Default R.a.i.d. - another video finished with audio done in Reaper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nowa_lY-Xng is where it's at in Youtube, and it's also at http://www.livevideo.com/ontrashakotra

The audio is all done in Reaper. It's got real world bass, guitars and vocals, midi synth and a drum pattern. Assembling that particular song is probably the easiest one I've ever done since Reaper makes it easier like that.

The mp3 and wav mixdowns do sound better than the video, but the video still sounds close enough.

Here's a place where I've got audio only stuff. R.a.i.d. is the first one at http://www.myspace.com/ontrashakotra

Last edited by jdavidb; 04-15-2007 at 04:16 AM.
jdavidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
Rann

I like it. As a former bass player I thought the playing was excellent. Great tone! Great Job!

I went to your myspace to listen to the audio and I really like red planet. It's a fantastic tune. (again, from a bass player's perspective)

peace,
rann
Rann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
jdavidb

hey Rann I see you have a big red ball as your avatar too. Thanks and yes mostly the focus is bass guitar, but I wrap it all with other instruments that resemble popular music instead of just doing bass solos. It seems like I have to ease way back on all other instruments to get it done. Doing it in Reaper made it easy to cycle through tons of options to see how things sounded simple vs complicated. Spacious stuff turns out to be the best matches most often.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:55 PM   #4
rforssell

I love the bass playing! Very good job! It was very fun to watch the video! What bass is it you use? I really must work on my slapping! It's nice to hear something with thumb playing that isn't black gospel music. Was a long time since. And... I so like the video when you start singing and rotate while holding the camera or how you did it.
rforssell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:02 PM   #5
jdavidb

Thanks rforssell.

The bass is ultra inexpensive. I got it in the mid-80's. It's a copy of a Kramer Focus, but it has Basslines Quarter Pounder p-bass pickups in it which sound awesome.

Yeah I was spinning in an office chair with a camcorder while doing the vocals video parts. It actually turned out looking like crap, so I had to zoom it way in and make something abstract out of it
Old 04-15-2007, 11:22 PM   #6
rforssell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavidb View Post
Thanks rforssell.

The bass is ultra inexpensive. I got it in the mid-80's. It's a copy of a Kramer Focus, but it has Basslines Quarter Pounder p-bass pickups in it which sound awesome.

Yeah I was spinning in an office chair with a camcorder while doing the vocals video parts. It actually turned out looking like crap, so I had to zoom it way in and make something abstract out of it
Abstract is the word for it! LOL!
rforssell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:25 AM   #7
mcatalao

MAN!!!

I just saw your Red Planet video, and really... Great bass playing!!!

Good work!
mcatalao is offline   Reply With Quote