Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
moribund
Human being with feelings

Default how to get rid of pesky double click behaviour

Hey all;

If I double click on the side bar of the track window, it minimizes all the tracks. If I double click on the top of the tracks window, it selects a time region and puts the cursor to is beginning. Is there a way to turn off these things so that things don't get messed up if I accidentally double click?

Thanks
moribund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Jacos

Just a newb here, but have you looked into the Mouse Modifier preferences? There are heaps of choices there for what results from left click, right click, double click, drag, in each of the different areas.
Jacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
moribund

Thanks for the reply. I've already checked the mouse modifiers, but they don't have anything for the side behaviour, and turning off the top (ruler) double click didn't actually do anything.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #4
Jacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by moribund View Post
Thanks for the reply. I've already checked the mouse modifiers, but they don't have anything for the side behaviour, and turning off the top (ruler) double click didn't actually do anything.

Thanks
by "side", do you mean the Track Control Panel? If so, there is a drop-down menu in Mouse Modifiers for the TCP area.... Just mentioning it in case you missed it, cos it took me a while to realize that you have to choose the area in the MM Pref pane...and that all those actions (like selecting a time region, and moving the cursor, when I usually want it to stay where it is..) CAN be changed. I'm still working through them all..the edit cursor following the mouse is one of the things that's been plaguing me.

And if I have misunderstood, please excuse it
Old 09-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #5
moribund

The area I'm talking about is the vertical scroll bar. Double clicking on it minimizes the track height for every track in the entire project and is really irritating when you do so by accident. I also just discovered that double clicking on the ruler selects the region between the 2 nearest markers and moves the play cursor to the beginning of this area. I've actually been successful in turning off the double click action for the ruler, but not when there are markers involved. As you can imagine, having the play cursor suddenly jump back to the previous marker when you're trying to place the play cursor in a certain (usually specific) spot is a bit of a time sucker.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2014, 01:26 AM   #6
Jacos

oh, I see. I hardly ever use that scroll bar. I find it fiddly to hit in any DAW I've used, and will do almost anything to avoid it, (like creating my own shortcuts for adjusting track height without using it)

Yes, cursor movement is a biggie...such a basic and frequently-used thing, and I'm still having difficulty in Reaper with unexpected and unwanted cursor jumps

Congrats on the ruler! I have trouble with markers vs regions - and just discovered there are MMs for marker/region lane - but I don't think I've had the play cursor jump to a marker (unless I press the shortcut for that marker).