Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 09-04-2017, 04:47 PM   #1
Alexadry
Human being with feelings

Default My trial is almost up and I still haven't figured out anything

Real, real big newbie here. I had 60 days for a trial and in all this time I still cannot figure out how to record several tracks and put them together using Instant Orchestra software.

Anyhow, beyond that, I was away several days and I am going through my checklist on what I have to do to get started and Reaper has a different look now. I no longer can find where you can select output: record output multi-channel and input: midi virtual keyboard.

Here is a screen shot of how Reaper looks today. I could swear these options were at the top left side before where now it's oddly empty and I am sure it shouldn't be. I am sure it's something stupid and those little icons are burning my eyes and driving me crazy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg missing icons.JPG (53.1 KB, 239 views)
Alexadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:27 PM   #2
Xenakios

You need to add some tracks into the project, so you can choose the inputs, record and so on.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:40 PM   #3
roman

click in the empty area and hit ctrl-t a couple of times
roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:32 PM   #4
jiff 41

OR maybe watch a video or two?
They cover most everything, but starting at the beginning might be best!,,& the trial period will carry on until you you're ready to end it?
https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php
Old 09-05-2017, 01:37 AM   #5
slipstick

If you want Reaper to come up showing what you were doing last time you need to save what you were doing with a project name when you close it down. Then it will start up with whatever you were doing last.

What you have now is a screen showing a brand new project with nothing set up yet. You need to set up at least one track because all those things you're looking for are on the track control panel. The easy way to do it it to RIGHT CLICK in the empty area, then select "Insert virtual instrument on new track". That will bring up the screen where you can select your Garritan Instant Orchestra VST and you're there.

This is all covered in the first couple of chapters of the Reaper manual and in the first few of excellent videos already linked. You'll get there.

Steve
slipstick is offline   Reply With Quote