Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2022, 10:39 AM   #2401
BPBaker
Human being with feelings
 
BPBaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
I am afraid you do nothing wrong. I am in a longer test/discussion with another user about this. So far sadly without a solution. Strange thing is, that it does not happen on my system, so seems not to happen on all Monterey systems.
I guess this is an Intel system?
I recently ran into this issue again, too. Updating to the most recent JDK (now v17.0.4.1+1) as you recommended previously again seems to have fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Puh, that's a tough one. I also have external displays attached but no issue.
Only thing could try to check out the latest JDK 17.0.3+7 from https://adoptium.net/de/
BPBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 03:16 AM   #2402
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG View Post
- When i move the big knob (without shift, off course) the play cursor on the arrange window go to the start. No back or forward. Always to the begin. And the knob assigned to move the playcursor in all modes doesn't work (7th on upper row)
You can only move the play cursor if there is content in your project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG View Post
- Every time i select a track, no mather the way i do it (mouse click, TrackLeft, TrackRight or SelectTrack# in the TrackMode) the device goes to PlayMode automatically, and without the sign anouncing it.
So, for example, if i want to go from track 1 to 3 I have to make this:
TrackMode (shift+pad1)
TrackRight (pad11)
...

Let me know if that is what is supposed to happen o if there is something wrong. ...
That is a feature which restores the last selected play mode. But as you identified it makes it is rather confusing then helpful on the Beatstep.
I will remove this in the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG View Post
Suggestions or kind of
- I couldn't find an ArmTrack action in any mode, which seems strange. I don't know if i'm doin something wrong or that`s ok. Could be a suggestion if that's the case. The ShiftMode could be the place (that empty pad maybe).
Yes, you are right. I will change the track mode a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG View Post
- The same goes to an AddTrack button. A general track and a VST track. Maybe there is a way to do it but i couldn't find it because the Inst.Dev.After and Before adds FXs to a track already added. For Reaper users could be great in terms of workflow.
Will be added to the track mode as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG View Post
- I couldn't assign yet knobs to change the differents parameters inside a VST. I assumed the knobs for that are the second row on the DeviceMode. I couldn't get it done yet. I try via Learn but didn't work. If you can indicate me could be great. I will keep investigating too hehe
There is no need to learn anything. The knobs are automatically assigned to the currently selected plugin (note that there is no selection state coming from Reaper, so the plugin needs to be selected from the Beatstep).
You can optimise the parameter assignments with the lately introduced Parameter dialog. See this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOuB...klxqu&index=25

I will also update the manual a bit. This table layout is really bad.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 03:31 AM   #2403
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlabs View Post
This is because in fact number 104 is "DYN: Band 1 M Comp Threshold" and number 110 is "DYN: Band 1 M Comp Ratio". My guess is that the list is limited to 18 characters. Don't know why and who set the limitation.
I thought this would be sufficient but seems not. Will increase it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlabs View Post
What I found today was that it only works if the name of the VST in the FX list is exactly as stated when I make the new pages. However, I like to work with customized VST names because often I use multiple instances of a VST in one track and I sometimes rename VST's of different tracks.
So, my request here is: Can you find a way to make parameters work with aliases? I mean, there must be a table where the original vst name is stated instead of the alias?
I was not aware of that. Should be possible but I guess a bit tricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlabs View Post
Secondly, it would be very handy if I can change device in the parameter mapping window.
That would complicate things quite a bit. Don't think that this will happen.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 04:10 AM   #2404
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elezeta View Post
hi!

Thanks for DrivenByMoss, it brings my X-Touch Extender to life )

I have a feature request for you to consider.

Track navigation offers "hierarchical" and "flat", I'd like to see a "top-level only", so like hierarchical but only showing the top folders, never really going into folders.

My use case is I use my controller as a mixer for the different instruments, and the instruments are grouped by folders/top-level tracks. So I need to use hierarchical. However, as I'm clicking around the DAW, the controller jumps across hierarchies and I can't really use it to mix/solo/mute the different instruments.

I believe the solution I propose is probably the most straightforward to implement and may cover many similar use cases where the controller acts as the main mixer.

Thanks in any case, whether you find the time to do this, and thanks again for all your work.
While I get your idea, this will not happen. The track code is already pretty complicated and I do not want to add another option which creates several side effects.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 05:03 AM   #2405
earlabs
Human being with feelings
 
earlabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
I thought this would be sufficient but seems not. Will increase it.
Thanks! Yes, it's the Izotope Ozone vst's that are veeeerrrrryyyy long. And I looked at Fabfilter ProQ3 where each parameter first has the band number and then the function mentioned. Like "Band 13 : Sidechain level".

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
I was not aware of that. Should be possible but I guess a bit tricky.
Thanks for looking into it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
That would complicate things quite a bit. Don't think that this will happen.
Yes, it's a nice-to-have. I can live with it as is.
__________________
EARLabs Studio for Creative Mastering www.facebook.com/EARLabsStudio
WWW www.earlabs.org
earlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 06:07 AM   #2406
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPBaker View Post
I recently ran into this issue again, too. Updating to the most recent JDK (now v17.0.4.1+1) as you recommended previously again seems to have fixed it.
Thanks for the info! That's extremely helpful! Hopefully this will fix the issue for all others as well. Will update the JDK in the next version.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 06:38 AM   #2407
elezeta
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
While I get your idea, this will not happen. The track code is already pretty complicated and I do not want to add another option which creates several side effects.
Oh I see that's a pity. I totally hoped it could e.g. just act as hierarchical but override staying in the first hierarchy.

I totally see the complexity. When selecting any track e.g. within a folder, you'd have to backtrace to the top-level track that contains it and act like that track was selected.

I wonder if a "fixed top level" would be possible, that is, top level but only first N top-level tracks. Reaper's internal driver offers a "lock this device to tracks X-Y".

Thanks in any case for considering and for your time!

Cheers.
elezeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 03:45 PM   #2408
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

DrivenByMoss 17.5 is out!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Reaper 6.12+
  • Increased length of parameter names in Parameter configuration dialog.
  • Support for Novation LaunchControl XL
  • Beatstep
    • New: Toggle Window button uses different colors depending on window state (blue = closed, pink = opened).
    • New: Removed the useless track navigation functions in the track mode and added rec arm and toggling folders instead.
    • Fixed: Prevent view change on track change, which is confusing on the Beatstep since it leaves Track view.



Enjoy!
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:07 AM   #2409
Skijumptoes
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 342
Default

Hi Moss,

Running on an NI KK Mk2, is there any way I can make the Auto (Automation) button toggle between a mode other than Write?

For example, if I've recorded some filter cut-off automation, and then I want to record some filter resonance in a different pass.

When I enable the Auto button it will cause the cut-off to be written as it defaults to write mode.

Perhaps I'm not using the automation mode correctly? But I was thinking that something in the configuration screen to set whether write, read or latch is the automation mode would perhaps be very helpful? Or even Shift+Auto could toggle between the modes?

Many thanks.
Skijumptoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 12:41 AM   #2410
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skijumptoes View Post
Hi Moss,

Running on an NI KK Mk2, is there any way I can make the Auto (Automation) button toggle between a mode other than Write?

For example, if I've recorded some filter cut-off automation, and then I want to record some filter resonance in a different pass.

When I enable the Auto button it will cause the cut-off to be written as it defaults to write mode.

Perhaps I'm not using the automation mode correctly? But I was thinking that something in the configuration screen to set whether write, read or latch is the automation mode would perhaps be very helpful? Or even Shift+Auto could toggle between the modes?

Many thanks.
No, sorry that is not possible. The KK uses a specific protocol which limits the things I can do with it.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 08:47 AM   #2411
qoromusic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 1
Default Novation Launchkey mkII

Hello Moss,

wanted to know if there is a way to use drivenbymoss for novation launchkey mkII. using reaper v6.66.

tried using the mkIII configuration which makes the InControl functions work but the transport keys do not work and when the InControl mode is turned off the faders, knobs, and drum pads also stop working.

If there is any other profile available for mkII anyone else knows and can point out I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for any help and your time
qoromusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 09:24 AM   #2412
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qoromusic View Post
Hello Moss,

wanted to know if there is a way to use drivenbymoss for novation launchkey mkII. using reaper v6.66.

tried using the mkIII configuration which makes the InControl functions work but the transport keys do not work and when the InControl mode is turned off the faders, knobs, and drum pads also stop working.

If there is any other profile available for mkII anyone else knows and can point out I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for any help and your time
No, sorry, the MkII is not supported. What you could use is the Generic Flexi to create your own mapping.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 12:04 PM   #2413
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

DrivenByMoss 17.6.0 is out!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • APC40 mkI/II
    • New: Drum mode provides functions to select, mute, solo and browse drum pads.
    • New: Note Repeat can now be used in the play and drum mode.
    • New: Added note repeat settings.
    • New: Added settings 'Display clips of record enabled tracks in red', 'Action for pressing rec armed empty clip' and 'Turn off empty drum pads'.
    • New: Shift + Tap Tempo: Inserts a new marker at the current play position.
    • New: Cursor right: Move track bank focus 8 tracks up
    • New: Cursor left: Move track bank focus 8 tracks down
    • New: Shift+Cursor right: Selects the next marker to the right of the play cursor.
    • New: Shift+Cursor left: Selects the next marker to the left of the play cursor.

Enjoy!
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 03:15 PM   #2414
Skijumptoes
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 342
Default

Hi Moss,

For the Komplete S49/61/88 Mk2 implementations. Would there be any possibilty that we could change parameter pages using the left/right arrows to the left of the display please? (Under the preset buttons).

I find the 4D knob to be tricky when wanting to quickly scroll through pages as I keep accidentally turning it and setting off the jog function.

I see the arrows aren't used for anything else in that mode and would be ideal as can use my left hand to change pages and right for parameter adjusting. Thank you as always!!
Skijumptoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:51 AM   #2415
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skijumptoes View Post
Hi Moss,

For the Komplete S49/61/88 Mk2 implementations. Would there be any possibilty that we could change parameter pages using the left/right arrows to the left of the display please? (Under the preset buttons).

I find the 4D knob to be tricky when wanting to quickly scroll through pages as I keep accidentally turning it and setting off the jog function.

I see the arrows aren't used for anything else in that mode and would be ideal as can use my left hand to change pages and right for parameter adjusting. Thank you as always!!
I am afraid not. With the KK it is important to know that there is no direct control of the buttons/knobs but instead certain data is sent from the device to execute functions.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 10:12 AM   #2416
/AND/
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 82
Default

Anyone with experience in this, does Launchkey mk3 support translate to mk1 support? I don't see these controllers as too different, anyway.

And if not, any ideas on how to set it up?
/AND/ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:15 AM   #2417
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by /AND/ View Post
Anyone with experience in this, does Launchkey mk3 support translate to mk1 support? I don't see these controllers as too different, anyway.

And if not, any ideas on how to set it up?
No, only mk3 is supported. Even if devices look similar, Novation is very good in making them totally different programming wise ;-)

What you could use is the Generic Flexi which allows you to map any MIDI controller.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:05 PM   #2418
/AND/
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
What you could use is the Generic Flexi which allows you to map any MIDI controller.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Generic Flexi is only for Bitwig? How would I use it in / for Reaper to map the keyboard? Do you have a tutorial of a sort?
/AND/ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:50 PM   #2419
/AND/
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 82
Default

Moss, excuse me, I'm stupid. Found the Reaper version and your tutorials. I'm going to try it out.
/AND/ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 01:12 PM   #2420
/AND/
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 82
Default

Alright, ran into the first issue. As it turns out, I have the Launchpad Mini mk3, which is obviously great.

However, when I go into the configuration window to auto-detect the keyboard, it does something with Reaper's windowing after which I can´t access any controls inside the windows.

So, after I open the conf window and closing it, now I suddenly cannot click on 'OK' in the [Control Surface Settings] window, nor on [REAPER settings] window. It somehow messes the focus, so elements inside the windows are inaccesible. Furthermore, I can't ALT + TAB to switch to another app window, it just doesn't show the window (although they are in the list).

What could be the issue?

I'm running Reaper 6.64 on Linux (Fedora Silverblue) through Toolbox, DBM4R latest version.
/AND/ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 02:18 PM   #2421
Skijumptoes
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by /AND/ View Post
What could be the issue?
Have you disabled the device Prefs > MIDI Devices in REAPER? Sounds like it could be something like that occuring.
Skijumptoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 03:52 PM   #2422
/AND/
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skijumptoes View Post
Have you disabled the device Prefs > MIDI Devices in REAPER? Sounds like it could be something like that occuring.
This allowed the controller to actually be recognised by Moss' plugin. I can press play etc. and it works in the playlsit.

However, the problem persists: after opening the conf window, I can no longer command any other window. Whole Reaper (well, its windows) seems stuck somehow. A very weird issue that I've never seen before.
/AND/ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 12:16 AM   #2423
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by /AND/ View Post
This allowed the controller to actually be recognised by Moss' plugin. I can press play etc. and it works in the playlsit.

However, the problem persists: after opening the conf window, I can no longer command any other window. Whole Reaper (well, its windows) seems stuck somehow. A very weird issue that I've never seen before.
Yes, depending on the window manager this can behave a bit weird. Normally, you find the DrivenByMoss window in the background or/and you can close the Reaper windows first to access it.
What you can also do is to run the DrivenByMoss window from the Reaper Action list to which you can also assign a keyboard command (I always use Ctrl+Shift+J).
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:48 AM   #2424
/AND/
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Yes, depending on the window manager this can behave a bit weird. Normally, you find the DrivenByMoss window in the background or/and you can close the Reaper windows first to access it.
What you can also do is to run the DrivenByMoss window from the Reaper Action list to which you can also assign a keyboard command (I always use Ctrl+Shift+J).
Thanks for the tip, Moss. Tried it, but unfortunately it still disables my Reaper. Now there are no windows that I cannot interact with except the main Reaper window, to which I cannot do anything. No buttons, shortcuts nor controls work. But at least I can press play on the Launchkey Mini and the playhead moves :/

How do I go about debugging this?
/AND/ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 09:13 AM   #2425
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by /AND/ View Post
Thanks for the tip, Moss. Tried it, but unfortunately it still disables my Reaper. Now there are no windows that I cannot interact with except the main Reaper window, to which I cannot do anything. No buttons, shortcuts nor controls work. But at least I can press play on the Launchkey Mini and the playhead moves :/

How do I go about debugging this?
Sorry, no idea. I can only suggest to try another window manager.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 05:57 PM   #2426
Juljan
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 61
Default

This thing is really crazy - thank you so much!

But (as most of us) I have a question in addition: Is it possible to enter Novation's Components via Launchpad Pro MK3, at least as an option compared to user mode only, same for setup settings?

Last edited by Juljan; 09-08-2022 at 06:13 PM.
Juljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 03:12 AM   #2427
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juljan View Post
This thing is really crazy - thank you so much!

But (as most of us) I have a question in addition: Is it possible to enter Novation's Components via Launchpad Pro MK3, at least as an option compared to user mode only, same for setup settings?
Sorry, no since this uses the programming mode of the Launchpad.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:17 AM   #2428
Juljan
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 61
Default

Ah, didn't know that but makes perfectly sense. Thanks for your reply.
Juljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:18 AM   #2429
Juljan
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 61
Default

I am sorry, I have got another question.
Is it possible to make the text on the display invisible?
Juljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 02:44 AM   #2430
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juljan View Post
I am sorry, I have got another question.
Is it possible to make the text on the display invisible?
You mean the little information window when you e.g. change modes? No, this cannot turned off.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 06:59 AM   #2431
simontass
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 4
Default Save Button on Icon Controllers in Reaper

Jürgen, Any chance of having the SAVE button lite up when the current project is in an unsaved state, and then go out once SAVE is pressed (until it becomes updated again?) Save function on the button works perfectly otherwise.

Many thanks for all your hard work on this Jürgen - it rocks :-)

Best
Simon
simontass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 10:09 AM   #2432
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simontass View Post
Jürgen, Any chance of having the SAVE button lite up when the current project is in an unsaved state, and then go out once SAVE is pressed (until it becomes updated again?) Save function on the button works perfectly otherwise.

Many thanks for all your hard work on this Jürgen - it rocks :-)

Best
Simon
Interesting idea, will take note.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 11:56 AM   #2433
Puck
Human being with feelings
 
Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Almost Canada
Posts: 325
Default Machine Mikro Mk3 Poly Aftertouch

Hey Moss!

It's been a while since I posted here because I've been using your extension quite happily for a long time. So thanks for that!

.....

Regarding Poly Aftertouch:

There's a spot in the config panel for the Mikro Mk3 that says "Convert Poly Aftertouch to" with a dropdown menu.

1. Is the "off" option supposed to eat the aftertouch messages? Or does "off" mean DrivenByMoss isn't going to attempt to do anything with the Aftertouch messages? If it's the latter, why is there also a "Poly Aftertouch" option? As of right now, "off" does the same thing as "Poly AfterTouch."

2. The Poly aftertouch can really mess with some drum virtual instruments. SSD 5 free in particular.

I've previously ran into this and just changed the ncmm3 file to just not send poly aftertouch at all. But I was wondering if it were possible if DrivenByMoss could have an option to eat all the aftertouch stuff. Then when we press keyboard twice to have all the config options, poly aftertouch could be next to the "Chromatic" toggle button which is on the bottom left pad.
Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 02:20 AM   #2434
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Hey Moss!

It's been a while since I posted here because I've been using your extension quite happily for a long time. So thanks for that!

.....

Regarding Poly Aftertouch:

There's a spot in the config panel for the Mikro Mk3 that says "Convert Poly Aftertouch to" with a dropdown menu.

1. Is the "off" option supposed to eat the aftertouch messages? Or does "off" mean DrivenByMoss isn't going to attempt to do anything with the Aftertouch messages? If it's the latter, why is there also a "Poly Aftertouch" option? As of right now, "off" does the same thing as "Poly AfterTouch."

2. The Poly aftertouch can really mess with some drum virtual instruments. SSD 5 free in particular.

I've previously ran into this and just changed the ncmm3 file to just not send poly aftertouch at all. But I was wondering if it were possible if DrivenByMoss could have an option to eat all the aftertouch stuff. Then when we press keyboard twice to have all the config options, poly aftertouch could be next to the "Chromatic" toggle button which is on the bottom left pad.
Thanks for reporting. Seems the source messages were also sent. Will be fixed in the next update!
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:13 AM   #2435
petergreeny
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Interesting idea, will take note.
This would be great on X-Touch as well...
petergreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 04:33 AM   #2436
Juljan
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 61
Default

I don't get it: I was trying to use Launch Control XL with REAPER but unfortunately only receiving MIDI notes when I am in Factory Mode (installation should be correct since Launchpad worked). So no mixing in first mode, for example. Any ideas?

SOLVED: I guess, it was a simple restart of the computer.


But I've got some additional ideas:
• I am not able to assign CC in the User Templates
• (still) the option to disable screen text
• Is there the option to choose the parameters? Why no parameters in the first two rows?
• Is there an option to change the EQ?

Last edited by Juljan; 09-20-2022 at 01:47 PM.
Juljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:50 AM   #2437
petergreeny
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 91
Default

Hi Moss,

The recently added TRIM button turning off automation control is working well, but for this to be really useful, it would be better if it also toggles complete bypass of all automation envelopes. Reaper is still reading automation envelopes even when TRIM mode is engaged. There is a LUA script in Reaper entitled:

Script: mpl_Toggle bypass selected tracks envelopes.lua

This successfully turns on/off all automation for the selected track, and is really the companion functionality of what you've achieved with the TRIM button. Is it possible to combine these two things?
petergreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:16 AM   #2438
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings
 
EpicSounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,832
Default

Hi Moss
I'm trying out your extension with the X-Touch Universal

I can't figure out this function

When shift is pressed, the Main fader jumps to another level, but what is that linked to?

Can the main fader be disabled or changed to last-touched fx param?
__________________
REAPER Video Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and more at The REAPER Blog
EpicSounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 12:39 PM   #2439
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings
 
EpicSounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,832
Default

I'm having quite a bit of trouble with the browser with X-Touch universal on mac. Hard to tell where the issue is.
- If there are plugins on a track, I can't use the browser to add another, or at least I can't figure out what button to use for that.

- if the fx has presets, often the wrong one is loaded
- sometimes the fx presets aren't seen in the browser.


I just assigned the F1-F3 buttons to add new audio/instrument/effects tracks. Its not consisently adding after last selected track, or at the end of project. seems random.
__________________
REAPER Video Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and more at The REAPER Blog
EpicSounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:03 PM   #2440
Torben Scharling
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 63
Default

How and where can we donate to this fine gentleman ? I love the work done to make the Push integration and would love to support further development.
Torben Scharling is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.