Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Dstruct's Casa De Nitpicks

Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
PiaKraft
Human being with feelings

Default 'Midi learn' cc's are passed through to the fx

Say, I have a slider on my kb sending cc 71. Now I assign that slider to a track control, via 'midi learn' or 'adjust selected track fx param', doesn't matter.

Whenever I move that slider, the generated cc 71 is passed through to the fx, not silently ditched. (midi logger b4 the fx).

Int the context of host automatisation, it's highly unlikely that this ever causes problems. Different story with hw synths, reason, older vst's though.

If I insert a JS fx (or something like am-uni, not a JS problem, as demonstrated above), two cc's are sent: the original from my keyboard and the generated one. If the orignal cc is mapped to another parameter by chance, two parameters are changed, not one. (if the original cc chances Q you're glad if you have 'mute master above..' enabled).

The solution is easy: set your controllers to another channel, i.e keyboard sends on chn1, controllers send on chn16, Midi-input-><device>->chn1. You have to know about it tough, you eventually have to re-program your kb etc.

Better solution would be not to pass 'midi learn' cc's to the device.

Kind regards...Pia Kraft
PiaKraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:07 AM   #2
DarkStar
Human being with feelings

... confirmed:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=40904