Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 08-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #1
Ice
Human being with feelings

Default Batch rendering clips an embedding the fades

Hi guys. Noob question here. On my timeline I have several clips that I've applied head and tail fades on. I'd like to export/render these as individual files with the fades embedded. I've gotten the files to render individually but not with the fades.

I searched and found the suggestion to "Apply Track/Take FX as new Take" , which sort of worked but added 4 seconds to the end of each rendered file.

Suggestions? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ReaperRenderWithFades01.jpg (25.6 KB, 289 views)
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
Ice

Still haven't found a way to do this. I was hoping for an alternate way of doing this than the way I do it in Pro Tools.

The Pro Tools way is:
1) Edit the clips and apply fades.
2) Select the entire range and AudioSuite "Duplicate" to one long file.
3) Strip the silence.
4) Select the entire range again.
5) Export those remaining clips as individual files.

Then I'm left with individual files, with the fades I applied.

Is there no way to export files in Reaper with the fades on them? It would be a nice thing.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:38 AM   #3
airon

Here is a shot of items with fades and the rendered result. Is this what you're looking for ?

You can do this in the Render window by picking "Selected Media Items" in the render dropdown at the top.

It will also use the Tail Length preference setting that is set in Preferences / Rendering.

Hope that helps. There are a number of game audio folks here too who are sure to have more tips for you in that regard.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
vdubreeze

Ice, I do this a lot also in PT, but I generally don't dupe as a long file and Strip the Silence. Not sure there's a need to. Even if I have 20 of them I just put the fades on and Audiosuite duplicate right then. Then when done I select all and export all those as individual files and end up with individual files with the fades.

It took me a while to get more of a handle on rendering in Reaper. I find there's no way (for me) to make many aspects work the way we want just by poking around. Asking here is faster : )

The only reason the extra length after a render didn't stump me too long is that I had first been bitten by that exact thing in a PT update that introduced that option in Audiosuite ! But boy, was I confused then : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Still haven't found a way to do this. I was hoping for an alternate way of doing this than the way I do it in Pro Tools.

The Pro Tools way is:
1) Edit the clips and apply fades.
2) Select the entire range and AudioSuite "Duplicate" to one long file.
3) Strip the silence.
4) Select the entire range again.
5) Export those remaining clips as individual files.

Then I'm left with individual files, with the fades I applied.

Is there no way to export files in Reaper with the fades on them? It would be a nice thing.

Last edited by vdubreeze; 08-15-2014 at 12:15 PM.
vdubreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
RobinGShore

Airon's suggestion is probably the quickest and easiest way to get what you're after, but if you really wanted to you could still use the same method you've been using in PT. The Reaper action "Item: Glue items, including leading fade-in and trailing fade-out" is essestially the same as the audiosuite duplicate function and the action "Item: Auto trim/split items (remove silence)" will do the same thing as strip silence in PT
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #6
Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Here is a shot of items with fades and the rendered result. Is this what you're looking for ?

You can do this in the Render window by picking "Selected Media Items" in the render dropdown at the top.

It will also use the Tail Length preference setting that is set in Preferences / Rendering.

Hope that helps. There are a number of game audio folks here too who are sure to have more tips for you in that regard.
Thanks I had tried this before. It was that "Tail Length" that threw me as it was adding on silence.

This procedure works fine, but is a bit fiddly having that "Tail Length" value not being in the render window. I'd like to be able to see that value, and toggle whether to use it or not.

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #7
Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
Airon's suggestion is probably the quickest and easiest way to get what you're after, but if you really wanted to you could still use the same method you've been using in PT. The Reaper action "Item: Glue items, including leading fade-in and trailing fade-out" is essestially the same as the audiosuite duplicate function and the action "Item: Auto trim/split items (remove silence)" will do the same thing as strip silence in PT
Nice tip - thanks!