Old 12-18-2019, 08:21 PM   #1
raibc
Human being with feelings

Default Q: Floating mixer/docker in fullscreen

Hi all, new to the forums, hope this is the right place for this! A bit of a minor bug report/feature request.

Over the last couple years of using REAPER I've fallen into a dual-monitor setup where I have the timeline and related modules on one monitor and the mixer in the other. I'm sure other people work this way- it feels very natural.

One thing I've noticed (on windows 7 and 10, at least... I've used REAPER v4.x-6.02) is that when the floating mix window is locked to fullscreen by double clicking the window frame, it expands to the full size of the screen, including the portion of the screen that contains the OS taskbar. The OS apparently takes precedence and the mix window is cut off at the bottom, "hiding behind" the taskbar.

I'm wondering... is this behavior is fixable by some setting currently?If not, would it be easy to implement in a future update? A minor quality of life thing, I would think (although I'm admittedly not a software developer!).

As a tangentially related point: I know that you can use the docker as a floating window, but I haven't looked at it very much until recently. First, I've noticed that you can't snap it to fullscreen in the same way as some of the individual modules or the main window, and I imagine that might have something to do with how the application is structured... If not, though, it would be nice to be able to do so, in order to take full advantage of the screen real estate/multi-monitor setups one might have. I can envision a work setup with the timeline on one monitor and a kitchen sink of useful modules (say, the media explorer, region tools, render/grouping matrices, etc.) docked and fullscreen on the other, customized to the user's taste. A pipe dream, maybe, but it sure would be neat!

All in all, excellent work with the software! I've been working with REAPER for a number of years now, and I'm definitely a very happy user in most respects
raibc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:15 PM   #2
Edgemeal
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by raibc View Post
when the floating mix window is locked to fullscreen by double clicking the window frame, it expands to the full size of the screen, including the portion of the screen that contains the OS taskbar. The OS apparently takes precedence and the mix window is cut off at the bottom, "hiding behind" the taskbar.
Preferences > General > click 'Advanced UI/system tweaks' button > enable 'Use large (non-tool) window frames for windows'

May need to restart REAPER to take effect.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote