Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2020, 06:22 PM   #7521
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
OK, here's a first cut at VCAs, if everyone plays nice

Unlike Folders, VCA slaves don't have to be sequential.

But, if we follow that convention, VCA spill gets much easier.

Matter of fact it is as simple as duplicating the Folder tracks Actions, only applied to VCAs.

Just like Folders, there will be an overall show hide -- Normal vs VCA.

To spill slaves, just invoke the new action ToggleVCASpillForSelectedTrack (yet to be written )

Make Sense ?
Sounds good

What's the overall show/hide thing? (sorry if I'm being dense)
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #7522
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Sounds good

What's the overall show/hide thing? (sorry if I'm being dense)
Code:
Action 41803 - Track: Select all top level tracks
Action 41665 - Mixer: Show/hide children of selected tracks
Action 40297 - Track: Unselect all tracks
only for VCAs
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:32 PM   #7523
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Code:
Action 41803 - Track: Select all top level tracks
Action 41665 - Mixer: Show/hide children of selected tracks
Action 40297 - Track: Unselect all tracks
only for VCAs
Ah, ok, gotcha

Because of the way Reaper is structured, will the VCA mechanisms also be applicable to any Group operation?
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:42 PM   #7524
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Ah, ok, gotcha

Because of the way Reaper is structured, will the VCA mechanisms also be applicable to any Group operation?
I think just VCAs to start, but with an eye towards groups in general.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:47 PM   #7525
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I think just VCAs to start, but with an eye towards groups in general.
Cool!

Did you get a chance to look into ToggleScrollLink?

I'm really just after an Action that will force the surface(s) to bank to the selected track, which is what happens when you turn ToggleScrollLink off and on.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:39 AM   #7526
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Cool!

Did you get a chance to look into ToggleScrollLink?

I'm really just after an Action that will force the surface(s) to bank to the selected track, which is what happens when you turn ToggleScrollLink off and on.
Thanks for reminding me
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:39 AM   #7527
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

New build is up.

Added new Action -- ForceScrollLink

Check it out and see if it does what you want.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:57 AM   #7528
schoko
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 19
Default CSI with OSC

Hi Folks,

trying to setup a control surface with my 24" Touch Monitor via OSC(with Open Stage Control -> https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net).
Did a fresh Reaper install, no midi devices are configured.

Followed the guide in the wiki...

Took the MackieC4Emu.ost file and added a mute1 widget:
Code:
Widget Mute1
Control /Mute1
FB_Processor /Mute1
WidgetEnd
Open Stage Control is sending to port 8090(and receiving on 8080) and reaper is muting the first channel (when pushing the Button on the Touch Monitor -> like wanted !!).

In CSI Edit Mode i can see in and out messages ("/Mute1").

But i do not receive any OSC Messages from Reaper in Open Stage Control (OSC Messages are monitored in Open Stage Control, Firewall in WIN10 is disabled).


What to do?

Thanks, klaus
schoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:14 AM   #7529
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

Added new Action -- ForceScrollLink

Check it out and see if it does what you want.
No sign of ForceScrollLink in the action list. Am I looking in the right place?
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:26 AM   #7530
Cragster
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Quakertown PA USA
Posts: 545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
No sign of ForceScrollLink in the action list. Am I looking in the right place?
Maybe its a new CSI action. Like focusfx param ?? Idk didnt try it yet
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:27 AM   #7531
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Maybe its a new CSI action. Like focusfx param ?? Idk didnt try it yet
Hope not, I want to stick it on the end of a Lua script.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:02 AM   #7532
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Hope not, I want to stick it on the end of a Lua script.
Ahh, I thought you meant CSI Action not Reaper Action

What you want is a lot more difficult, is there another way ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:05 AM   #7533
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoko View Post
Hi Folks,

trying to setup a control surface with my 24" Touch Monitor via OSC(with Open Stage Control -> https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net).
Did a fresh Reaper install, no midi devices are configured.

Followed the guide in the wiki...

Took the MackieC4Emu.ost file and added a mute1 widget:
Code:
Widget Mute1
Control /Mute1
FB_Processor /Mute1
WidgetEnd
Open Stage Control is sending to port 8090(and receiving on 8080) and reaper is muting the first channel (when pushing the Button on the Touch Monitor -> like wanted !!).

In CSI Edit Mode i can see in and out messages ("/Mute1").

But i do not receive any OSC Messages from Reaper in Open Stage Control (OSC Messages are monitored in Open Stage Control, Firewall in WIN10 is disabled).


What to do?

Thanks, klaus
Please post the contents of your CSI.ini file, and any .ost/.zon files you are using.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:22 AM   #7534
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Ahh, I thought you meant CSI Action not Reaper Action

What you want is a lot more difficult, is there another way ?
Ah, sorry, I should have been more specific.

The script command:
Code:
reaper.SetMixerScroll(reaper.GetSelectedTrack(0, 0))
..scrolls the on screen mixer to the selected track, but the surfaces don't follow.

I found that pressing ToggleScrollLink twice forced the surfaces to bank to the selected track.

I was after a Reaper Action that would force the surface to bank to the selected track, just as it does if you scroll the mixer on screen and select a track. Then I could stick that action at the end of the script and presto!

Anyway, I expect ForceScrollLink does it with one button press instead of two! Don't let me distract you from the VCAs.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:58 AM   #7535
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,783
Default

OMG I'm such a dingbat!

All I have to do is double assign my script and your new CSI action to a button and we're golden.

Move along, nothing to see here, just the village idiot...
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:04 AM   #7536
schoko
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Please post the contents of your CSI.ini file, and any .ost/.zon files you are using.
Here you go...
Attached Files
File Type: zip csi_ost_zon.zip (2.5 KB, 28 views)
schoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:51 PM   #7537
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
OMG I'm such a dingbat!

All I have to do is double assign my script and your new CSI action to a button and we're golden.

Move along, nothing to see here, just the village idiot...
Oh well, that elation was short lived. Unfortunately, when you double assign buttons, the actions don't seem to happen sequentially. If I do this:

Code:
Enter	Reaper "a script that recalls track visibility and selection"
Enter	ForceScrollLink
..the first action hasn't properly completed before the second runs, so the surface doesn't scroll.

What it needs is a delay between the two actions. Putting a delay in the first action (in the script) doesn't work because it doesn't delay the second action assigned to the button.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:28 AM   #7538
WaveTrans
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Forest City
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
What do you see in midi monitor ?
I checked the .mst and .zon entries for ChannelLeft/Right and BankLeft/Right. Definitions are according to MCP and seem OK.

These are the outputs for hitting once each ChannelRight and then ChannelLeft,BankRight and then BankLeft Keys, respectively.

The behaviour is unchanged (newest build from 14.03.2020), hitting ChannelLeft leads to an seemingly unresponsive surface,
hitting the ChannelRight key then, brings it back to regular function. This is the same regardless which track is selected.

Naturally I have no clue whats going on

But I checked the older builds of CSI from my archive.
BankLeft and BankRight works with the build from 13.02.2020 (alpha). Channelleft/Right same as now.

Hope this helps a bit

Here the output codes.
Code:
IN <- nano Select2 1.000000
IN <- nano ChannelRight 0.000000
IN <- nano Select1 1.000000
IN <- nano OnTrackSelection 1.000000
IN <- nano ChannelLeft 0.000000
IN <- nano BankRight 1.000000
IN <- nano Select1 1.000000
IN <- nano OnTrackSelection 1.000000
IN <- nano 90  2f  00 
IN <- nano Select1 1.000000
IN <- nano OnTrackSelection 1.000000
IN <- nano BankLeft 1.000000
IN <- nano Select1 1.000000
IN <- nano OnTrackSelection 1.000000
IN <- nano 90  2e  00 
IN <- nano Select1 1.000000
IN <- nano OnTrackSelection 1.000000

Last edited by WaveTrans; 03-15-2020 at 04:27 AM.
WaveTrans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:14 PM   #7539
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoko View Post
Here you go...
Hmmm... don't see anything obvious.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:18 PM   #7540
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
I checked the .mst and .zon entries for ChannelLeft/Right and BankLeft/Right. Definitions are according to MCP and seem OK.

These are the outputs for hitting once each ChannelRight and then ChannelLeft,BankRight and then BankLeft Keys, respectively.

The behaviour is unchanged (newest build from 14.03.2020), hitting ChannelLeft leads to an seemingly unresponsive surface,
hitting the ChannelRight key then, brings it back to regular function. This is the same regardless which track is selected.

Naturally I have no clue whats going on

But I checked the older builds of CSI from my archive.
BankLeft and BankRight works with the build from 13.02.2020 (alpha). Channelleft/Right same as now.

Hope this helps a bit

Here the output codes.
Code:
IN <- nano Select2 1.000000
IN <- nano ChannelRight 0.000000
IN <- nano Select1 1.000000
IN <- nano OnTrackSelection 1.000000
IN <- nano ChannelLeft 0.000000
IN <- nano BankRight 1.000000
IN <- nano Select1 1.000000
IN <- nano OnTrackSelection 1.000000
IN <- nano 90  2f  00 
IN <- nano Select1 1.000000
IN <- nano OnTrackSelection 1.000000
IN <- nano BankLeft 1.000000
IN <- nano Select1 1.000000
IN <- nano OnTrackSelection 1.000000
IN <- nano 90  2e  00 
IN <- nano Select1 1.000000
IN <- nano OnTrackSelection 1.000000
Hmmm, wonder why you are triggering Select1 and Select2.

Also what buttons are 90 2f 00, and 90 2e 00 ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:21 PM   #7541
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Oh well, that elation was short lived. Unfortunately, when you double assign buttons, the actions don't seem to happen sequentially. If I do this:

Code:
Enter	Reaper "a script that recalls track visibility and selection"
Enter	ForceScrollLink
..the first action hasn't properly completed before the second runs, so the surface doesn't scroll.

What it needs is a delay between the two actions. Putting a delay in the first action (in the script) doesn't work because it doesn't delay the second action assigned to the button.
Don't think a delay will work reliably.

This confirms what I've read here before -- scripts launch asynchronously -- if that is the case, we will never be able to "block" until done, and we have no call-back for "I am finished" from the script -- let's hope that's wrong or there is a solution / workaround
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:40 PM   #7542
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Don't think a delay will work reliably.

This confirms what I've read here before -- scripts launch asynchronously -- if that is the case, we will never be able to "block" until done, and we have no call-back for "I am finished" from the script -- let's hope that's wrong or there is a solution / workaround
Now Iíve had a chance to digest the results, I think what needs to happen is when the track visibility changes in the MCP, there needs to be a bank command issued to the surface if there is a track currently selected that is not visible on the surface(s), if ToggleScrollLink is enabled.

At the moment, when there is some large scale change in visibility (from Reaper Actions showing/hiding tracks) the correct tracks appear, but always with the first track assigned to the first channel on the surface. If there is a track selected by whatever Action or Script causes the visibility change, there is no bank command issued to bring it in to view. The upshot of this is that you canít return the user to the same place in the mixer they were previously.

Could there be a bank command issued when track visibility changes (when toggle scroll link is enabled)?
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:38 PM   #7543
WaveTrans
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Forest City
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Hmmm, wonder why you are triggering Select1 and Select2.

Also what buttons are 90 2f 00, and 90 2e 00 ?
Well, there was some double assignment ChannelLeft and Right sharing the codes 18 and 19 with Select1 and Select2

I sorted that out. But that didnīt change it for better.

The commands for BankLeft and Right are

Code:
IN <- nano BankLeft 1.000000
IN <- nano 90  1f  7f 
IN <- nano 90  2e  00 
IN <- nano 90  1f  7f 
IN <- nano BankRight 1.000000
IN <- nano 90  1f  7f 
IN <- nano 90  2f  00 
IN <- nano 90  1f  7f
However, none of the two buttons apparently does anything

ChannelLeft/Channelright behave like this:
If I press for example ChannelLeft repeatedly the outputs are
Code:
IN <- nano OnTrackSelection 1.000000
IN <- nano 90  1e  7f 
IN <- nano 90  1e  00 
IN <- nano 90  1d  7f 
IN <- nano 90  1d  00 
IN <- nano 90  1c  7f 
IN <- nano 90  1c  00 
IN <- nano 90  1b  7f 
IN <- nano 90  1b  00 
IN <- nano 90  1a  7f 
IN <- nano 90  1a  00 
IN <- nano ChannelRight -0.125000
IN <- nano ChannelRight 0.000000
IN <- nano ChannelLeft -0.125000
IN <- nano ChannelLeft 0.000000
ChannelRight is the same only backwards
Code:
IN <- nano ChannelRight -0.125000
IN <- nano ChannelRight 0.000000
IN <- nano 90  1a  7f 
IN <- nano 90  1a  00 
IN <- nano 90  1b  7f 
IN <- nano 90  1b  00 
IN <- nano 90  1c  7f 
IN <- nano 90  1c  00 
IN <- nano 90  1d  7f 
IN <- nano 90  1d  00 
IN <- nano 90  1e  7f 
IN <- nano 90  1e  00 
IN <- nano 90  1f  7f 
IN <- nano 90  1f  00
Maybe something to do with the MCP being for 8 channel surfaces while the Nano has just one?

Mst file excerpt
Code:
Widget BankLeft
	Press 90 2E 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget BankRight
	Press 90 2F 7f
WidgetEnd

/ 90 30 7f
Widget ChannelLeft
	Encoder 90 18 7f
WidgetEnd

/ 90 31 7f
Widget ChannelRight
	Encoder 90 19 7f
WidgetEnd

Last edited by WaveTrans; 03-17-2020 at 01:50 AM.
WaveTrans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:50 AM   #7544
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 489
Default

Just reporting back:


Bome Midi Translator pro is awesome! Thanks Funkybot. I'll be buying that when I have the extra dough. Until then it's 20 min at a time

I set up one bank on the twister for csi on a virtual midi port and another bank for lbx smart knobs through another BMT virtual port (this port has to be enabled in Reaper) and it works like a charm. A bonus being that I set up a keyboard shortcut in BMT to bank through the twister banks.

I still have to make the mst up the way I want but for now it looks like I can follow along here and have a working setup. W00T!
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:58 AM   #7545
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 2,948
Default

Bome's Midi Translator is crap, just writing for historic reasons, not that some people might believe what is written above.

What can not be solved by Midi-Ox alone? If you find anything, the tool to chose, if you want best tool, is keykit by Tim Thompson, you can combine it with AutoHotkey, and getting infinite possibilities, all Bome can only dream of. Now anyone can decide.

If you are on linux,for simpler stuff even sendmidi, receivemidi command line tools might be even enough, when combined with xbindkeys for example.

Plus there is already Oscii-Bot.
TonE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:14 AM   #7546
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Bome's Midi Translator is crap, just writing for historic reasons, not that some people might believe what is written above.

What can not be solved by Midi-Ox alone? If you find anything, the tool to chose, if you want best tool, is keykit by Tim Thompson, you can combine it with AutoHotkey, and getting infinite possibilities, all Bome can only dream of. Now anyone can decide.

If you are on linux,for simpler stuff even sendmidi, receivemidi command line tools might be even enough, when combined with xbindkeys for example.

Plus there is already Oscii-Bot.
lol

Well ok then.

I mean if I can accomplish the same with midi ox I'd gladly do it as I'm not apt to spend the 60 bucks.

But I basically figured everything out in less than an hour with BMT.

Is there a good place to learn?

I'll check out keykit as well.

Thanks for the reply.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:16 AM   #7547
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,769
Default

The Bome recommendation is mine just based on having had it recommended elsewhere. I'm by no means the expert when it comes to these things. There may very well be better tools out there. I was just trying to speak to the one I have firsthand experience with.

Why do you think it's crap? Are there known issues or other problems with it? It was super stable here at the limited things I was using it for.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:55 AM   #7548
telemaxx
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1
Default CSI and MacOs

Please.
Explain to me step by step how to install CSI and EuCon on MacOsx. I have read a lot but what I found is probably the older version of Reaper or PC . I've been working on it for several weeks and nothing. Please help.
My equipment:

MacPro 5.1
HighSierra
Reaper 6
Qcon G2 + expander G2EX

Thank you in advance
telemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:02 AM   #7549
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by telemaxx View Post
Please.
Explain to me step by step how to install CSI and EuCon on MacOsx. I have read a lot but what I found is probably the older version of Reaper or PC . I've been working on it for several weeks and nothing. Please help.
My equipment:

MacPro 5.1
HighSierra
Reaper 6
Qcon G2 + expander G2EX

Thank you in advance
There are detailed instructions on the Wiki here:

https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...i/Installation

If you're getting stuck somewhere, or something isn't entirely clear, please let me know where exactly and feel free to offer suggestions on how to improve the wording so we can get that updated.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:25 PM   #7550
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Maybe something to do with the MCP being for 8 channel surfaces while the Nano has just one?
Yes, thatís exactly what it is. We saw this approach with the X-Touch One. Under the MCU protocol, the single channel surface is seen as 8 channels and the Channel Left and Right buttons change the messages that the unit sends so it can address 8 channels at a time.

Try removing the Channel L/R definitions from the .mst and then monitoring the message sent from the fader to see if it changes when you press Channel L/R.

It might be worth seeing if you can reprogram the unit to avoid this behaviour (I believe the X-Touch One had a separate mode for this, I donít think the Nano does)
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:27 PM   #7551
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,769
Default

Here's a feature request that might be a bit too esoteric, and might cause other headaches, but I'd like to combine colors and stepped parameters. Like:

RecordArm FXParam "4" "THD Type" [ 0.0 0.5 1.0 ] { 90 255 0 242 255 0 255 0 80 }

The idea being that step 1 would be green, step 2 yellow, and step 3 red.

Now, if there are more than 2 or 3 steps that might be a total nightmare.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:28 AM   #7552
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Krefeld, Germany
Posts: 9,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Question about Bome Midi Translator....
I did check it out and found it to be great. In the end I did not use it because I can do JSFXes and Python stuff myself, replacing most of it's (for me useful) functionality without the overhead of another set of Midi device in Windows.
There is one hidden gem in Bome Midi Translator: it can change the name of Midi devices in a way that Reaper sees them as being the same, even if Windows gets wild with device naming when using different Midi sockets for the same box.#
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:58 AM   #7553
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 10,852
Default

Small update to the CSI files for Presonus Faderport 16 in Studio One mode.

https://stash.reaper.fm/38565/CSI_Fa..._StudioOne.ZIP

Fixed the ALT+Latch action id and added version info to the files themselves, which are basically just release dates.
__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
(Video)Using Latch Preview - Faderport16CSI
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:55 PM   #7554
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Now Iíve had a chance to digest the results, I think what needs to happen is when the track visibility changes in the MCP, there needs to be a bank command issued to the surface if there is a track currently selected that is not visible on the surface(s), if ToggleScrollLink is enabled.

At the moment, when there is some large scale change in visibility (from Reaper Actions showing/hiding tracks) the correct tracks appear, but always with the first track assigned to the first channel on the surface. If there is a track selected by whatever Action or Script causes the visibility change, there is no bank command issued to bring it in to view. The upshot of this is that you canít return the user to the same place in the mixer they were previously.

Could there be a bank command issued when track visibility changes (when toggle scroll link is enabled)?
Put a new build up that may solve this -- if I understand you correctly
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:56 PM   #7555
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Here's a feature request that might be a bit too esoteric, and might cause other headaches, but I'd like to combine colors and stepped parameters. Like:

RecordArm FXParam "4" "THD Type" [ 0.0 0.5 1.0 ] { 90 255 0 242 255 0 255 0 80 }

The idea being that step 1 would be green, step 2 yellow, and step 3 red.

Now, if there are more than 2 or 3 steps that might be a total nightmare.
Been thinking about this one too for a while now -- making it actually usable is the challenge, as you say
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #7556
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

New build is up.

Possible fix for ScrollLink bug.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:37 PM   #7557
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

Possible fix for ScrollLink bug.

It works! Now when I recall an SWS Snapshot that contains a selected track, the surfaces bank so that the selected track is visible. This means you can return a user to the same place in the mixer after major show/hide track operations.

Thanks Geoff, that just opened up a world of new possibilities. I'm hoping that any Reaper Action that recalls a track selection will do the same thing (will test)

A couple of things (ain't there always) If you have ScrollLink enabled and manually bank the surfaces, CSI won't let you move the selected track off either end of the surfaces. After the final, manual bank press, the surfaces jump back to show the selected track.

Of course, the easy way to avoid this behaviour is to disable ScrollLink and then you can move freely. But would it be possible for the manual bank commands to be allowed to move the selected track off the surfaces? and only have the surfaces bank when either ToggleScrollLink is toggled or ForceScrollLink is pressed?

The other thing is minor. When the surface banks automatically to show a selected track after a show/hide operation, sometimes the ScrollLink offset is respected, sometimes not (the selected track appears on channel 1) Not a biggie
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:37 PM   #7558
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
It works! Now when I recall an SWS Snapshot that contains a selected track, the surfaces bank so that the selected track is visible. This means you can return a user to the same place in the mixer after major show/hide track operations.

Thanks Geoff, that just opened up a world of new possibilities. I'm hoping that any Reaper Action that recalls a track selection will do the same thing (will test)

A couple of things (ain't there always) If you have ScrollLink enabled and manually bank the surfaces, CSI won't let you move the selected track off either end of the surfaces. After the final, manual bank press, the surfaces jump back to show the selected track.

Of course, the easy way to avoid this behaviour is to disable ScrollLink and then you can move freely. But would it be possible for the manual bank commands to be allowed to move the selected track off the surfaces? and only have the surfaces bank when either ToggleScrollLink is toggled or ForceScrollLink is pressed?

The other thing is minor. When the surface banks automatically to show a selected track after a show/hide operation, sometimes the ScrollLink offset is respected, sometimes not (the selected track appears on channel 1) Not a biggie
Yeah, I was worried about side effects, afraid we can't have it both ways, I think the old way is better, yes ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #7559
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yeah, I was worried about side effects, afraid we can't have it both ways, I think the old way is better, yes ?
I see your point, bit of a shame though. Thanks for providing the ForceScrollLink Action, that's probably the best compromise considering that the new way produces that fighting behaviour, which people will find unacceptable.

In an ideal world, an API function that triggered the bank to selected track would be best, in the same way as:
Code:
SetMixerScroll
...does on the on-screen mixer.

This could then be deployed in scripts and custom actions when needed, leaving the 'normal' behaviour untouched.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:04 PM   #7560
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,591
Default

New build is up.

Try this and see if it works AND you can bank successfully with ScroillLink on.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.