Old 10-27-2018, 10:29 AM   #121
solger
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
WHat I like in ReaLauncher is the ability to filter the recent projects list.
Though there is few bug:
  • Space isn't considered as a separator for multiple keywords (it takes the input fields as a whole)
  • It would be nice if we could invert the order
  • The alphabetical mode seems to go into an infinite loops as REAPER hangs and finish by crashing
  • It would be nice if we could right click on a project and say "forget", as some projects doesn't worth to be reminded :P
Thanks for taking a look at these if you can
Thanks for the feedback, Raymond.

I'll have a look at those points and see what I can do
Old 10-27-2018, 02:25 PM   #122
X-Raym

@solger
Thx !

using reaper.BR_Win32_WritePrivateProfileString( "Recent", keyName, "", reaper.get_ini_file() ) with keyname = recent + index of the project in recent list should be enough to hide a project in recent list.

But it has to be tested.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:03 AM   #123
emwhy

Solger, this is a wonderful feature and it really makes Reaper much easier to use when starting the program.

I do have a question. I'm on Windows 10 and use my E drive for recording and storing of projects. My project templates are all on my C drive. When I start a new project using Realauncher to select a project template, it puts all the audio data on my C drive in the template folder. Is this correct behaviour?
emwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #124
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by emwhy View Post
I do have a question. I'm on Windows 10 and use my E drive for recording and storing of projects. My project templates are all on my C drive. When I start a new project using Realauncher to select a project template, it puts all the audio data on my C drive in the template folder. Is this correct behaviour?
Hi emwhy,

if I understand the situation correctly:

in the current ReaLauncher version, loading a project template basically behaves like loading a project file via File > Open Project.
So try if doing a Save project as after loading the template files helps (in order to save the project on the E:\ drive first before starting with your work, recordings, etc.).

I'm already looking for a way that loading Project Templates via ReaLauncher behaves similar to loading them via File > Project Templates (loading a project template as an unnamed project). But sadly I haven't found a working solution, yet.

Last edited by solger; 10-29-2018 at 10:27 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:38 AM   #125
DaveKeehl

What about adding a feature that lets you clear the project list?
Old 10-29-2018, 10:46 AM   #126
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKeehl View Post
What about adding a feature that lets you clear the project list?
Hi Dave,

just to clarify: do you mean a similar behavior to Preferences > General > [Clear list] which clears the whole File > Recent Projects list? Or a different behavior?

Last edited by solger; 10-29-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:20 AM   #127
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
using reaper.BR_Win32_WritePrivateProfileString( "Recent", keyName, "", reaper.get_ini_file() ) with keyname = recent + index of the project in recent list should be enough to hide a project in recent list.

But it has to be tested.
Thanks. Will check it out.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:17 PM   #128
emwhy

Solger thanks for the response.

What happens is if I load a template...say "8 Track Audio" as an example and record, but then decide to that the project isn't worth keeping and quit without saving, all the files I recorded will be deposited in my template folder on the C drive. If I do a save, then everything gets migrated over the the E drive correctly.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #129
DaveKeehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Hi Dave,

just to clarify: do you mean a similar behavior to Preferences > General > [Clear list] which clears the whole File > Recent Projects list? Or a different behavior?
Exactly your first example (clear list). To be honest I didn't even know that option xD
Old 10-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #130
DaveKeehl

I noticed that on my mac there is a small bug (look at the sort field). Also is some kind of gui responsiveness planned? Right now if I scale the window it's stays the same and if I make it really small some parts are hidden

Old 10-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #131
solger

Quote:
Exactly your first example (clear list).
OK, got it. Added to the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKeehl
I noticed that on my mac there is a small bug (look at the sort field). Also is some kind of gui responsiveness planned? Right now if I scale the window it's stays the same and if I make it really small some parts are hidden
Yeah, both of those points - a minimum GUI size to prevent overlapping elements & updating the GUI while resizing the window (without the need for a restart of ReaLauncher) are already planned.
But updating the GUI while resizing isn't working yet without causing ReaLauncher to crash. So it's not ready yet.

Last edited by solger; 10-30-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:53 AM   #132
DaveKeehl

Also it would be sweet to be able to choose for each project how we want to load it (normal or with all fx offline)
Old 10-30-2018, 09:57 AM   #133
solger

Quote:
Also it would be sweet to be able to choose for each project how we want to load it (normal or with all fx offline)
It's already possible (but a little bit hidden)

See the ToolTip when hovering the mouse over the [Load in Tab] or [Load] button:
Quote:
Load selected recent project(s) in tab(s).

To load with FX offline:
  • Hold 'Ctrl + Shift' (Windows & Linux)
  • Hold 'Cmd + Shift' (macOS)
  • Or use the option in the [Open Project] window
So you can either hold this shortcut combination while pressing the [Load in Tab] or [Load] button.
Or you can open a project via the [Open Project] button and check the 'open with fx offline' option there.

Last edited by solger; 10-30-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-04-2019, 10:13 AM   #134
cjewellstudios

I love this so much

So it looks like you can create a custom folder which is great. Is it possible to see and open a .rpl file in realauncher?

The sws project list file, that is.

I recently started working on a template that involves multiple projects and it would be pretty amazing if I can see the .rpl files and pick from that list.

Thanks so much for your work on this.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #135
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
So it looks like you can create a custom folder which is great. Is it possible to see and open a .rpl file in realauncher?

The sws project list file, that is.

I recently started working on a template that involves multiple projects and it would be pretty amazing if I can see the .rpl files and pick from that list.
Thanks. I'll have to check this.

Added to the wishlist
Old 01-04-2019, 03:25 PM   #136
rluka

Thanks for this nice addition to REAPER.
Whenever I run ReaLauncher the cmd.exe windows runs first.
Is this normal and supposed to happen? It usually stays open longer than in the enclosed clip.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1THp...OLQv4MF8V/view
Old 01-04-2019, 06:24 PM   #137
lexaproductions

Quote:
Thanks. I'll have to check this.

Added to the wishlist
Funny I thought about this today as well. RPL tiles are a big part of my workflow and it would be nice to have it here.

Thanks!
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:56 AM   #138
solger

OK, I had a quick look at how the .RPL files are structured inside and I already have an idea of how it might be possible to include this into ReaLauncher.
If things work out, I'll include a first implementation as part of the next update (which I'm currently working on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rluka View Post
Whenever I run ReaLauncher the cmd.exe windows runs first.
Is this normal and supposed to happen? It usually stays open longer than in the enclosed clip.
Yeah, that's normal because some file (directory) reading functions are using shell commands (which, for instance, under Windows causes the cmd.exe window to pop up when the function is executed).
So depending on how many Template/Project files need to be read from the directories, this pop-up window might stay up a little bit longer.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:29 AM   #139
_Stevie_

I have found an issue:
some projects that no longer exist are listed in the "recent projects list".
Is there a way to update this list to get rid of these items?
Old 01-05-2019, 06:57 AM   #140
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
I have found an issue:
some projects that no longer exist are listed in the "recent projects list".
Yeah, ReaLauncher gets the recent projects list from the reaper.ini (without skipping any double-entries, etc.). So it can be the case that the list in the File > Recent Projects menu is different.

Quote:
Is there a way to update this list to get rid of these items?
Not in the current version. Currently it's only possible by removing entries from the [Recent] section in the reaper.ini directly.

But I've already started testing some possible list management options like the one which X-Raym mentioned in post #123.

Last edited by solger; 01-05-2019 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:44 AM   #141
rluka

Yeah, that's normal because some file (directory) reading functions are using shell commands (which, for instance, under Windows causes the cmd.exe window to pop up when the function is executed).
So depending on how many Template/Project files need to be read from the directories, this pop-up window might stay up a little bit longer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up
Old 01-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #142
bFooz

Hi, I've just run ReaLauncher for the first time, and got this:

Code:
Error: Class - Menubox.lua:141: bad argument #1 to 'floor' (number expected, got table)

Stack traceback:
	Core.lua:87: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:78>
		[C]: in function 'math.floor'
	Class - Menubox.lua:141: in function <...ent\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Classes/Class - Menubox.lua:135>
		(...tail calls...)
	solger_ReaLauncher.lua:825: in function 'UpdatePathDisplayMode'
	solger_ReaLauncher.lua:1157: in method 'onmousedown'
	Class - Tabs.lua:202: in method 'ondrag'
	Core.lua:871: in field 'Update'
	Core.lua:434: in field 'Main_Update_Elms'
	Core.lua:301: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:297>
		[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	Core.lua:297: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:296>

Lokasenna_GUI:	v2.16.2
Reaper:       	5.965
Platform:     	Win32
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:52 AM   #143
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
Hi, I've just run ReaLauncher for the first time, and got this:

Code:
Error: Class - Menubox.lua:141: bad argument #1 to 'floor' (number expected, got table)

Stack traceback:
	Core.lua:87: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:78>
		[C]: in function 'math.floor'
	Class - Menubox.lua:141: in function <...ent\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Classes/Class - Menubox.lua:135>
		(...tail calls...)
	solger_ReaLauncher.lua:825: in function 'UpdatePathDisplayMode'
	solger_ReaLauncher.lua:1157: in method 'onmousedown'
	Class - Tabs.lua:202: in method 'ondrag'
	Core.lua:871: in field 'Update'
	Core.lua:434: in field 'Main_Update_Elms'
	Core.lua:301: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:297>
		[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	Core.lua:297: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:296>

Lokasenna_GUI:	v2.16.2
Reaper:       	5.965
Platform:     	Win32
Unfortunately, there's currently a bug in the ReaLauncher code which causes this error to occur sometimes when switching between the Project/Template Tabs.

I'm already making some code changes for the next update to address this issue. So this error should not be happening anymore in the next version update.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:52 AM   #144
cjewellstudios

Quote:
OK, I had a quick look at how the .RPL files are structured inside and I already have an idea of how it might be possible to include this into ReaLauncher.
If things work out, I'll include a first implementation as part of the next update (which I'm currently working on).
AWESOME.

Thanks for working on this. It's such a simple thing but it adds a really nice touch.

edit: Realauncher, that is. (Not my little feature request)
Old 01-26-2019, 08:17 AM   #145
emwhy

I'm still relatively new to Reaper (barely a year in) and just have a few questions. How do I know which version I have of ReaLauncher? Do I have to check through Reapack for all the updates and is there anything special to do or just update through Reapack?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:52 AM   #146
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by emwhy View Post
How do I know which version I have of ReaLauncher? Do I have to check through Reapack for all the updates and is there anything special to do or just update through Reapack?
All installed ReaPack packages can be updated to the latest version via Extensions > ReaPack > Synchronize packages.
In general, you can see the version number of installed packages via Extensions > ReaPack > Browse packages and selecting Display: [Installed] (besides filtering for the package name like 'ReaLauncher') **

More info here: https://reapack.com/user-guide

** As a side note: in the next ReaLauncher update (coming soon) the version number will also be displayed directly in ReaLauncher.

Last edited by solger; 01-26-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #147
solger

It's been a while since the last update but the next ReaLauncher iteration is here now
Quote:
version 1.0
+ Filter: Added support for using multiple search words (separated with a 'space' character)
+ General code refactoring and improvements
+ [Project Templates]: Added 'Edit Template Mode' checkbox - if not checked, the 'Save As' window is shown when loading
+ [Project Lists]: First implementation of (SWS Project List) .RPL file loading support
+ [Recent Projects]: Duplicate recent project entries are now added only once to the list
+ [Recent Projects]: Added Right-click menu options 'Remove entry' and 'Clear list'
+ [Recent Projects]: First implementation of subversion filter (support for file namings with a hyphen or underscore like 'project name-number' or 'project name_number')
+ Theme Slots (requires SWS Extensions): Added option to switch between different Reaper Theme Slots
+ Theme Slots (requires SWS Extensions): Option to assign a description to each Theme Slot
+ Window resizing: Added minimum window size check (to prevent overlapping UI elements)
+ Window resizing: now with instant update of the UI elements (no restart required anymore to see the changes)
+ Window: Some general GUI adjustments
Since I reworked a lot of things in the code base, the alphabetical list sort options were temporarily removed from this version but will be back in one of the next updates.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #148
bFooz

Hi, the problem I reported earlier still persists - the script does not launch and stops with error at line 673.

I checked inside the script and it seems to try to call tonumber(matchFileversion) with matchFileversion being a string.

EDIT: It stops at a project called "Ex_SchumannWaldscenen06_Ww1Hn2Str", with matchFileversion=="Ww1Hn2Str"
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:00 AM   #149
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
Hi, the problem I reported earlier still persists - the script does not launch and stops with error at line 673.

I checked inside the script and it seems to try to call tonumber(matchFileversion) with matchFileversion being a string.

EDIT: It stops at a project called "Ex_SchumannWaldscenen06_Ww1Hn2Str", with
matchFileversion=="Ww1Hn2Str"
Thanks for the info and the filename example.

This is a different issue than the one mentioned in post #143 and is related to the new subversion filter feature introduced with the recent update.
I'll have to add an additional number/string type check for the filename matching in this case. Will upload an update with a fix as soon as I can.

EDIT: Update 1.0.1 released to address this issue (more info in post #152 below)

Last edited by solger; 02-02-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:50 AM   #150
lexaproductions

Yeah it was working for me before but not anymore. Same error than bFooz
Old 01-30-2019, 12:37 PM   #151
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaproductions View Post
Yeah it was working for me before but not anymore. Same error than bFooz
OK. I just uploaded a 1.0.1 update with the subversion filter removed for now (will have to do some further bugfixing and testing of this feature before re-adding it again).

EDIT: Update should already be available via ReaPack.

Last edited by solger; 01-30-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:54 AM   #152
lexaproductions

It is working now.
Is there a Help doc somewhere? I realized don't know how to use this thing. What should I do to see my preferred RPL folder in the window? I entered the path in the option tab but the RPL window is still empty.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:20 AM   #153
cjewellstudios

Quote:
It's been a while since the last update but the next ReaLauncher iteration is here now

So exciting!

Thanks so much for including RPL's!

Can't wait to try it!
Old 02-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #154
solger

Quote:
Is there a Help doc somewhere?
Currently there are only Tooltips shown for most of the elements when hovering over them with the mouse.

A 'How to' is already planned for the future in some form.

Quote:
What should I do to see my preferred RPL folder in the window? I entered the path in the option tab but the RPL window is still empty.
In general the workflow looks like this:

1) Entering the (Project lists) folder path in the Options Tab
2) Pressing the [Set] button next to it to save the changes

In case the first two steps aren't enough (or the list isn't refreshed automatically for whatever reason):

3) Pressing the [R] Refresh list button at the top left of the (Project Lists) Tab
4) Or restarting ReaLauncher
Old 02-04-2019, 01:14 PM   #155
lexaproductions

Last edited by lexaproductions; 02-04-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:24 PM   #156
solger

I added some info in the first post about features which might be a little bit hidden

Quote:
Tips & Tricks:

It's possible to select multiple listbox entries via:
  • Shift + Left Mouse Click: Selection of adjacent listbox entries
  • Ctrl/Cmd + Left Mouse Click: Selection of non-adjacent listbox entries
  • Loading a single listbox entry is also possible via Double-Click

Shortcuts for loading projects with FX Offline:
  • Holding Ctrl + Shift (Windows & Linux)
  • Holding Cmd + Shift (macOS)
  • Or using the 'Open with FX offline' option in the [Open Project] window
Old 02-04-2019, 01:29 PM   #157
lexaproductions

Cool thanks but can you see my ScreenCapture? What am I doing wrong?
Old 02-04-2019, 01:30 PM   #158
solger

Quote:
Cool thanks but can you see my ScreenCapture? What am I doing wrong?
No, the gif isn't shown in the post. And trying to open the dropbox url directly gives me a 401 error here.

Maybe try uploading it to imgur.com: https://imgur.com/upload
Old 02-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #159
lexaproductions

Quote:
Maybe try uploading it to imgur.com: https://imgur.com/upload
Can you see it now? in the same post
Old 02-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #160
solger

Quote:
Can you see it now? in the same post
Yeah, I can see it now, thanks.

Does closing and launching ReaLauncher again make any difference (after the path is set)? Otherwise we'll have to investigate further ...