Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-11-2019, 04:14 AM   #1
Apheo
Human being with feelings

Default Horizontal scroll for writing automation

Hello,
recently I bought mouse with horizontal scroll wheel. I set up the horizontal scroll for changing volume of an item under mouse cursor with an custom action and it works really well.
Now I would like to set an action that will change faders or knobs under mouse wheel with the horizontal scroll while holding ctrl or shift. I would use it for recording automation in touch mode.
How would I do that? When I search for fader move in action list there is probably nothing useful for me.
I can set the scrolling to be infinite scroll instead of step by step scrolling which I think would be useful for recording automation.
I know I can disable "ignore mousewheel on all faders" in the preferences but that is not what I want. I would like to filter the fader movement with ctrl pressed down.

edit: for the scrollwheel volume item change I used a script from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTLfL3B3qi4 I dont know how to script but maybe all it takes is change something in the script so the scrollwheel wouldnt be only for volume but for everything that is under the cursor. After that I can assign ctrl+ the wheel for running the script.

Last edited by Apheo; 06-11-2019 at 04:22 AM.
Apheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:38 AM   #2
Apheo
Human being with feelings

Still no solution from my side. Anyone have any idea on how to point me in the right direction? I can figure out the rest.
Apheo is offline   Reply With Quote