Old 01-22-2011, 03:49 AM   #1
gwok
Human being with feelings

Default Realtime Notes and Lyrics Display

I think I've seen a few people ask about this, so I'm posting this vid as some people might find it handy'

http://img832.**************/img832/9201/qp9.mp4
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:08 AM   #2
gwok

This could be done more easily with some custom reaconsole commands I think, though I couldn't seem to make any ATM. Even better I'm sure a script could be written, though if you one of those people who has a arranger track setup already created, this way will work quiet easily and quickly.

Edit: I've found some better ways of doing this, and will update the thread if there's an interest - just post\bump

Last edited by gwok; 01-23-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:03 AM   #3
Sumalc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwok View Post
This could be done more easily with some custom reaconsole commands I think, though I couldn't seem to make any ATM. Even better I'm sure a script could be written, though if you one of those people who has a arranger track setup already created, this way will work quiet easily and quickly.

Edit: I've found some better ways of doing this, and will update the thread if there's an interest - just post\bump
I am working on a live drama with reaper playing a voiceover, your proposition would be very useful to remind me indications during playing.
Sumalc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:24 AM   #4
drybij

Some time ago, I suggested that the 'big clock' be enhanced to display more types of information and with differing size fonts. If there was a creative way to add lyrics to a track (thus in sync with the music), then the enhanced big clock window could be used to display the lyrics.
drybij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
gwok

I've attached the full setup, which includes

1. the custom macro
2. midi Item with the proper note for tirggering the macro
3. the notes track template
4. SWS custom console text file

here is a newer\better video showing how I'm currently using it to display stuff for myself - http://img222.**************/img222/4269/skt.mp4

The basic deal is this.

>Items in the Notes Track contain S&MNotes within them. They also contain the midi trigger which will trigger the macro, selecting the Notes track and item under cursor - this enables the current notes to be seen. Users must set up a Virtual midi port (IAC or MidiYoke) and set the output of the Notes track to a Reaper enabled input (it's not that tricky), this will link the midi out of the Notes track to Reapers actions.

>If your not using Custom console command, just drag the text file to your reaper folder, if you have your own, just copy the text within it. The CustomConsoleAction is necessary for the macro, as it selects the Notes track by name, enabling the rest of the macro to select the item

to use:

0. Import the custom macro to your actions list
1. import the track template to your project (route this track via the loopback to Reaper)
2. Drag the included midi item onto that track
3. Open S&M notes, and create text
4. repeat steps 2 and 3 further along in the timeline
5. press play

some hints.

>create a shortcut to where you store that midi item in the media explorer. This way you can just drag a new "note container" quickly as needed
>resave the track template with your output configuratiion
>do not hide the notes track in the main window
>make sure to use the Item notes, NOT the track notes

some downfalls:

unfortuanly it's not a perfect system. Upon de-selecting the notes item, the notes will not be shown in the display - though notes SHOULD always be triggered regardless of whats currently selected

- thinking of a FR to link notes window to specific track to avoid this

font sizes are not retained, vote here: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=3197

final note - it's not that tricky to setup up really, and once it's done, it can be added to new projects very quicly and reliably. Keeping a track template and midi item handy add to effeciancy greatly. If you have a better macro idea or general concept idea, feel free to post it....

(btw - this is the macro)
[IMG]http://img696.**************/img696/68/screenshot20110123at111.png[/IMG]

Last edited by gwok; 02-13-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
Robomusic

It should be possible with a plugin, i also use PG music Powertracks and it reads .kar files and also reads and scrolls the chords. For $49 it is a good simple DAW, not s sophisticated as Reaper, but it makes a great little brother for simple playback on stage. You an enter lyrics if they are not there, and or download a kar file and sync the tempo and add your own mix in to it. I find most cover tunes have a .kar file out there and with a little work i can make them sound good. I mixed one in reaper the other night and then popped it back in Powertracks and it plays nicely and has lyrics and chords.
Robomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:51 AM   #7
israeltandrade

Hi! The pics of the macro suggested here do not show anymore, could someone copy the text from the macro and paste here again? (I think is better then pic)
israeltandrade is offline   Reply With Quote