Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 01-23-2019, 09:45 PM   #1
BetterBroken
Human being with feelings

Default ISO Drummer/Programmer For Heavy Rock Track

Greetings! I’m in search of drums for a heavy rock song with an old school vibe. I’ve been (slowly) learning Reaper while recording rough demos over the past 2 years. This is my first attempt at a better quality, 100% finished and presentable recording. I have never collaborated via computer so I am also researching how this works. I have a rough but complete demo of the song.

About me: Gigging rock/metal guitar and bass player for many years.
Goal: To complete a song. Mixed, mastered, done.

Last edited by BetterBroken; 01-23-2019 at 09:57 PM.
BetterBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:43 AM   #2
azimuth

Location: The place that's round on the ends and high in the middle

Hi BB,
If you don't get any takers I can put something together for you with Jamstix. Just give me some suggestions regarding the "old school" vibe/players you are seeking. Your background sounds similar to mine back in the day.
azimuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:29 AM   #3
BetterBroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
Hi BB,
If you don't get any takers I can put something together for you with Jamstix. Just give me some suggestions regarding the "old school" vibe/players you are seeking. Your background sounds similar to mine back in the day.
Cool thanks! Trying to figure how to send you a PM. Not seeing a link. Sorry, I’m new here.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:48 AM   #4
azimuth

When you log in, look at the upper right corner of the Forum where it says "Welcome BrokenBetter" and right below that is your Private Messages link.Follow the link and you'll see the private messages section on the left hand side of the screen. Or click the UserCP link.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:55 AM   #5
BetterBroken

I see that but can’t seem to figure out how to PM you. Im having an unfrozen caveman lawyer moment.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #6
azimuth

When your User Control Panel opens, in the left hand column choose the "Send New Message" link, me (azimuth) as the recipient, then submit message when you're done writing. Not trying to be a wise ass, just thorough.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #7
BetterBroken

Got it thanks!
Old 07-16-2019, 04:57 AM   #8
BetterBroken

Hey it’s been a minute since my last login here. I’m still looking for someone who might be interested in programming some drum tracks for up to 3 or 4 of my rock/ hard rock songs. Even one song would be great. Current goal is to take 2 songs all the way through to final mix and mastering for vinyl. I’m still learning Reaper but having a lot of fun along the way. Would be great to find a drum guy to work with. Can send demos on request. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2019, 01:18 PM   #9
kirk1701

Hey, have you seen this virtual instrument? It's a Reaper specific sample kit that works really well and is super easy to learn.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....hlight=smdrums

It does take time to get it right, but it's totally worth it. This kit is capable of all kinds of sounds. Once you start, you'll wonder why it took you so long to try it.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:37 PM   #10
dug dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterBroken View Post
I have a rough but complete demo of the song.
I'd like to hear the demo. I could PM you an email address but it might be good to post it to Sound Cloud or somesuch as I suspect that there will be more than a few others who'd like to hear it, too.

BTW, was the demo recorded to a click track? If no, are you happy with the natural tempo changes as recorded?
dug dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:25 AM   #11
BetterBroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
Hey, have you seen this virtual instrument? It's a Reaper specific sample kit that works really well and is super easy to learn.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....hlight=smdrums

It does take time to get it right, but it's totally worth it. This kit is capable of all kinds of sounds. Once you start, you'll wonder why it took you so long to try it.
Thanks a lot, I will check it out.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:29 AM   #12
BetterBroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug dog View Post
I'd like to hear the demo. I could PM you an email address but it might be good to post it to Sound Cloud or somesuch as I suspect that there will be more than a few others who'd like to hear it, too.

BTW, was the demo recorded to a click track? If no, are you happy with the natural tempo changes as recorded?
Yes, I record everything to a click. You’ll hear a basic EZ Drummer track on each song. I’ll work on uploading to SoundCloud. You’re welcome to PM your email, I can send Dropbox links to 3 or 4 demos and perhaps you can pick the one(s) that interest you. Thanks!