Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 02-08-2015, 09:02 PM   #1
sound warrior
Human being with feelings

Default setting up my control surface to control vst instruments and efects? please help!

hey all, for though of you who don't know me i'm trey from the uk and i'm totally blind.

i'm running 64bit reaper on 64bit windows7.

I have a control surface that outputs midi note and midi cc's as standard so far i have managed to set it up to control aspects of the track view such as play/stop and record, how ever i don't know how to set it up to control the settings of vst instruments and efects please could some one explain to me how to set it up to control vst instruments and effects?

your help with this question would be most welcome!! kind regards trey.
sound warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:39 PM   #2
OPI

Touch what ever parameter you'd like to control. Filter cutoff, ADSR, delay, reverb. ect...
Then go to Param in the white bar right above your vst plugin.
Choose learn.
Move knob.
If your gonna use multiple instances of the same plugin and youd like to have them all controlled the same way, after you move the knob of desire, choose " Enable only when track is selected". Then Click Okay. Now you must save these controller mappings in a template or do what i do and go back to param, above your vst. Click "default controller mappings" and choose save as default. Now every time you open this plugin no matter what template your on, your mappings are safe and sound.
OPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:44 PM   #3
OPI

Also for quicker workflow right click the arm button on any track your using a controller on and choose " Auto arm when track is selected". This is of utmost importance.
OPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:37 PM   #4
sound warrior

thanks for the tip about track arming man

does the option when track is enabled refer to the plug in only being controlled by your control surface when the track that the plug in is on is armed?

your help with this question would be most welcome kind regards trey.
sound warrior is offline   Reply With Quote