Old 03-23-2018, 06:24 PM   #1
Dave 2099
Human being with feelings

Default "Select next track in group"?

I had a custom action a while back but I had to reinstall Reaper and wipe out previous default settings to get rid of some random glitch I picked up/inflicted accidentally, and now I can't find the actions I think I had before. I'm hoping someone can help me remember find these actions or a workaround.

I want to set up a project template for live playing/recording, that lets me set up multiple guitar tracks in a group, to be played one at a time in succession. For example, switch between a clean guitar and one or more that are all fx'd up. The action would cycle from one track to the next within the group.

I thought there was an action to the effect of "select next track in group#", but I can't for the life of me find it. Did it go away, or did I hallucinate the whole thing?

Thanks in advance.
Dave 2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:55 PM   #2
Dave 2099
Human being with feelings

I'm happy to say I found a workaround, though one that requires two custom actions instead of one. Namely:

Toggle record arming for current (last touched track)
Xenakios/SWS select next/previous track
Toggle automatic record arm when track selected

So I have to have two actions, one for selecting next track and another for selecting previous track, but it does what I need it to do. The drawback is that I have to pay attention so I don't select tracks outside the group that I want, but oh well.

If anyone remembers previous iterations of SWS with the "select next track in group" action, I'd be grateful, just to know I'm not misremembering. Along with any other suggestions for achieving this functionality with one action. Cheers.
Dave 2099 is offline   Reply With Quote