Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 06-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
radicalgel
Human being with feelings

Default 32bit AU plugins in Reaper 64

Hey guys this is my first post here and I hope someone can help me out. I have tried installing various 32 bit AU plugins to use with Reaper 64 but none of them show up. I tried installing various TALk plugins like the bitcrusher and tune which don't have a 64bit AU version and they don't show up. The vst 32 bit versions of these same plugins work fine. I have auto bridging turned on but no luck. Can someone please help me solve this issue.
radicalgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
swiiscompos

Why don't you simply use the VST version??
swiiscompos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
radicalgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiiscompos View Post
Why don't you simply use the VST version??
Well that's what I'm doing but I'm just wondering why the 32bit AU plugins aren't showing up. Bridging only seems to be working for VST and not for AU. In fact I just installed Independence FREE 2.5.4. The installer, by default, installs AU, VST and RTAS but only the VST shows up in Reaper64. I can see Independence.component in the ~Library/Audio/Plugins/Components folder but it doesn't show up in Reaper. I even tried deleting the Independence.vst from the VST folder incase it was a priority thing but no luck. Also, dosen't Independence have a 64bit version for mac?
Old 06-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
swiiscompos

I've downloaded the AU version of the TAL bitcrusher and it works perfectly (I have Reaper x64 with OSx 10.7.4)...
swiiscompos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
radicalgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiiscompos View Post
I've downloaded the AU version of the TAL bitcrusher and it works perfectly (I have Reaper x64 with OSx 10.7.4)...
Well I'm on 10.7.4 but it doesn't work for me. No clue why. The VST works perfectly though. However, since I only have 4 gigs of RAM I have switched to Reaper 32bit and everything works perfectly and I don't have to deal with floating, bridged plugin windows, which are really annoying.

That being said, I really hope someone can help me figure out why these 32bit AU plugs are showing up in Reaper64 for some folks but not for others? Strange...