Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 03-23-2023, 07:26 AM   #81
BirdBird
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Currently if only one lane is playing before recording, then after recording into a different lane, only the recorded-into lane is set to play. If multiple lanes are playing before recording, then the recorded-into lane is set to play in addition to the already-playing lanes. Are you asking for a scenario where the recorded-into lane does not play back?
Thanks Schwa!
The new lane could be in any state, muted, or playing in addition to already-playing lanes, but the main reason was to not touch anything the user has set up manually. (no surprises)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
I think the cleanest way to accomplish both of these would simply be to exit comping, which can be done by double-clicking the comp lane button, by default.
This does work, but a simpler way to exit/enter comping would be nice.

Unless I messed my configuration up, double-clicking the comp lane button also clears the play/solo state of other lanes.

The action "Mouse modifiers: Set arrange view override mouse modifiers C" works the same as "Override mouse modifiers for fixed lane comping" toolbar button when enabling the overrides, but trying to use it like a toggle won't clear overrides, while clearing comp areas.

Directly using the toolbar button like a toggle works, but it is not possible to see the comp areas on tracks automatically without "pinging" them.

So unless I am mistaken there seems to be no way to set up a single hotkey or a toolbar button that toggles comping overrides and shows/hides all areas at the same time. (would be much simpler than managing it manually per-track on users end)
BirdBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:00 AM   #82
FeedTheCat

When crossfading same source comp areas:

1. it unsyncs them both
2. it unsyncs all previous comp areas

2. is definitely a bug, but I'd argue that 1. should also work without unsyncing.

Not that this crossfade makes sense, but it's harmless. When both areas suddenly unsync you get a surprising "wait, what just happened?" effect.

Alternatively, instead of unsyncing, it could merge both areas. Also surprising, but at least you can tell what happened
Old 03-23-2023, 09:24 AM   #83
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheCat View Post
When crossfading same source comp areas:
Fixing, thanks, but the fix won't be in today's build which is already under way.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 01:51 PM   #84
tohubohu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
v6.78+dev0322 - March 22 2023

[*]+ Localization: improve localization of default audio device channel names
hello justin
don't forget this last thing to translate in langpack
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=17
tohubohu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:30 PM   #85
benmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBird View Post

This does work, but a simpler way to exit/enter comping would be nice.
try this action: Track: Toggle disable comping, or re-enable last comping lane

Quote:

Unless I messed my configuration up, double-clicking the comp lane button also clears the play/solo state of other lanes.
yes, the best way i see to audiotion tracks while comping is to create a comp area and the clic on the various lanes to comp/audition them. You don't necessarly need to swipe, double clicking an item on a lane will create an area from the last area to the the next area or the end of any material on that lane.

Quote:
The action "Mouse modifiers: Set arrange view override mouse modifiers C" works the same as "Override mouse modifiers for fixed lane comping" toolbar button when enabling the overrides, but trying to use it like a toggle won't clear overrides, while clearing comp areas.

Directly using the toolbar button like a toggle works, but it is not possible to see the comp areas on tracks automatically without "pinging" them.

So unless I am mistaken there seems to be no way to set up a single hotkey or a toolbar button that toggles comping overrides and shows/hides all areas at the same time. (would be much simpler than managing it manually per-track on users end)
again this action might help if i understood you right : Track: Toggle disable comping, or re-enable last comping lane
but it only works once you've turn a lane on for comping at least once.
benmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:33 PM   #86
benmiller

FR: could the action : Track: Toggle disable comping, or re-enable last comping lane. Also do do " comp in new empty lane" if no comping has been done on that track yet? right now it dosen't do anything if you haven't previouslsy created a comp lane (with righ drag swipe or double clickin a lane header button)

it would become the most usefull action for going in and out of comping
Old 03-23-2023, 04:36 PM   #87
benmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheCat View Post
Also an interesting question: Should editing outside of comping adjust comp areas?

Personally, I'd prefer if it did. Synced areas seems more useful to me than "this is where a comp area was originally".

But I assume there's valid arguments for the other side as well.
I was gonna say "please no" but i can't really think of a reason why not...