Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-04-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
Vagelis
Human being with feelings

Default Action to hide media item/take properties?

Does such an action exists? It would be useful to add this action to Track left click modifier so that each time we click on empty track space to hide the item properties.

Last edited by Vagelis; 12-04-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
xpander

Item properties: Toggle show media item/take properties. By default bound to F2 key.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:20 PM   #3
Vagelis

Thanks for the reply, i’ m aware of this action.i want mostly the action to hide properties to fit in my workflow better since I made a custom action for media item left click default and added the action to show properties in the docker at the bottom each time I click an audio item. Then If hide properties action would exist, I would make another custom action for track left click default, so each time I click on track empty space to hide the docked item properties.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:32 PM   #4
xpander

Ahm, that action does hide the item properties if they are already showing and shows them if not...that's what the toggle part there means. Actually, reading your description of use (thanks for that!), this one action could be all you need. Or then I'm misunderstanding something?
Old 12-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
Vagelis

Yes I know that toggle will close the window if it’s already open but I don’t want to toggle open/close each time I select an item because you have to click toggle twice for each time since If it is open for one item, if I click another it will close, then I have to click again the next item to show the properties.. Same if I attach this to track left click default.
The best would be to show properties when I select an item, and hide when clicking to empty track space .
Then I have media item double click to open midi editor to a midi item and add stretch marker to an audio item with a custom action (plus the properties for audio are docked below). Also double click on stretch marker to delete it.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:22 PM   #6
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
Yes I know that toggle will close the window if it’s already open but I don’t want to toggle open/close each time I select an item because you have to click toggle twice for each time since If it is open for one item, if I click another it will close, then I have to click again the next item to show the properties.
I must admit I still don't get it. If you want to keep the item properties open for several items, you simply don't toggle while changing between them? So, if you have set an action to show item properties to left click (which also selects the given item), you'll simply keep selecting items and the item properties stay open, right? Then when you actually want to close the item properties, you'll click the empty arrange, for which you have set the toggle action?