Old 12-01-2019, 09:33 AM   #1
PhelixK
Human being with feelings

Default v6.0rc10 - December 1 2019

v6.0rc10 - December 1 2019

• + Envelopes: fix moving envelope points with media items when there are multiple envelope points at the media item end position [t=227069]
  • # MIDI editor: add actions to Options menu to set CC default shape and reduce events while drawing
  • # MIDI editor: fix action to set square default CC shape
  • # MIDI editor: gray out CC shape menu items if no CC events selected
  • # TCP fxparm: improved visibility at small sizes [p=2208806]
  • # Toolbars: do not apply overlay image to completely-blank toolbar images [p=2208639]
  • # Toolbars: fix display glitch on retina displays [p=2208702]
  • # macOS: fix docked toolbar mousemove issues
  • # macOS: use Metal rather than asynchronous layered updates for various windows (async layered updates are unsafe in certain instances)
  • # toolbar: fix input quantize toolbar states
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:41 AM   #2
estux

I am getting these strange floating pins sometimes, I am not sure how to reproduce the issue, but the fx window seems to be involved (I don't know if it happens with other windows too). They are interactive and all, you can pin/unpin them...

I am using Windows 10, x64 version
estux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:44 AM   #3
DANIELE

Quote:
Originally Posted by estux View Post
I am getting these strange floating pins sometimes, I am not sure how to reproduce the issue, but the fx window seems to be involved (I don't know if it happens with other windows too). They are interactive and all, you can pin/unpin them...

This was happening even with older versions of Reaper.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #4
D Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIELE View Post
This was happening even with older versions of Reaper.
Yeah confirmed
Old 12-01-2019, 11:30 AM   #5
RCJacH

Since two or three rcs ago (or perhaps even earlier), when two or more midi notes are placed legato, with the note-on message immediately following the note-off from the note before, the second note is cut off by the note-off of the first note.

Is anyone else having this issue?
RCJacH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:46 AM   #6
Dimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJacH View Post
Since two or three rcs ago (or perhaps even earlier), when two or more midi notes are placed legato, with the note-on message immediately following the note-off from the note before, the second note is cut off by the note-off of the first note.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Enabled option: Correct overlapping notes while editing
Dimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:26 PM   #7
RCJacH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimson View Post
Enabled option: Correct overlapping notes while editing
Thx, that was a quick solution.
RCJacH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:27 PM   #8
beyond

Default Big Problem with Reaper Serialization

There was a significant change in Reaper's XML like Data Chunk format that breaks fast parsing algorithms. The container characters "<" and ">" started appearing for other uses.

Code:
<VST "VSTi: Kontakt (Native Instruments GmbH) (64 out)" Kontakt.dll 0 Kontakt 1315513412<5653544E6924446B6F6E74616B740000> ""
or

Code:
PRESETNAME <unknown>
Characters <> no longer exclusively mean containers and have other ambiguous uses which unnecessarily complicates a robust and fast parsing algorithm. Generally, it would be a good practice to reserve such characters, and either escape them or allow them in string containers only. Would it be too difficult to use another character, such as {} for the ID in VST element, and wrap the preset name in quotes?
beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #9
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond View Post
There was a significant change in Reaper's XML like Data Chunk format that breaks fast parsing algorithms. The container characters "<" and ">" started appearing for other uses.

Code:
<VST "VSTi: Kontakt (Native Instruments GmbH) (64 out)" Kontakt.dll 0 Kontakt 1315513412<5653544E6924446B6F6E74616B740000> ""
or

Code:
PRESETNAME <unknown>
Characters <> no longer exclusively mean containers and have other ambiguous uses which unnecessarily complicates a robust and fast parsing algorithm. Generally, it would be a good practice to reserve such characters, and either escape them or allow them in string containers only. Would it be too difficult to use another character, such as {} for the ID in VST element, and wrap the preset name in quotes?
If I remember correctly, "<" and ">" in sense you are referring to were always used in a single line so that can be used to double-check.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:42 PM   #10
mikeroephonics

The media item icons are too small (about 10x10 pixels). This has been present for about the last few months, but only on the pre-release builds if I recall correctly.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #11
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
If I remember correctly, "<" and ">" in sense you are referring to were always used in a single line so that can be used to double-check.
Thank you. That seems to be the case. <> for containers seem to always start on new lines with optional indentation. So the other uses of <> can be treated as non quoted text data.

A quick change fixed our algorithm for the new uses. Generally, it is better practice in computer science parsing, to reserve certain control characters and dedicate them to a single use.
beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #12
Breeder

When CC event is selected, it seems you can't draw anywhere else.

Wouldn't it be more comfortable if we could right-click empty lane space to unselect all points if this option is by design?
Old 12-01-2019, 04:17 PM   #13
EvilDragon

It will work like that if you disable "Draw/edit immediately on mouse click" in Mouse Modifiers MIDI CC lane/event/segment contexts (with a left click on empty part of CC lane). Otherwise, there's a mouse modifier for that (I use Shift+Alt left click on MIDI CC lane).
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:01 PM   #14
Arthur

Freehand draw erases the nearest points on item envelopes.
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:33 PM   #15
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
It will work like that if you disable "Draw/edit immediately on mouse click" in Mouse Modifiers MIDI CC lane/event/segment contexts (with a left click on empty part of CC lane). Otherwise, there's a mouse modifier for that (I use Shift+Alt left click on MIDI CC lane).
Phew, good catch - I searched everywhere for such option in the preferences and action list.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:48 PM   #16
Astro

Default Bugs since about 5.983

I hardly ever post here, but I use Reaper all the time in my work.
And regularly check out this thread.

Some issues with all the version 6 Beta.
I am using Commala 5, Issue one happens in Commala 5 but not the def 6 Theme.

1. The Mouse Cursor on the main arrange page disappears, actually it remains dark instead of becoming lighter so you can see it as you hover over the top time ruler to set a time selection.

2. While operating in the CC lanes (Velocity for example) if you have a cluster of midi notes.
In most of the earlier versions you could hold Shift, Left mouse and drag to change only the selected midi items and it would ignore the other unselected items, so you could increase the velocity or scale it up and down while the un selected items remained unaffected..
This no longer works at all, as I use this a lot I cant really use any version 6 right now.
Thanks
Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:11 PM   #17
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro View Post
2. While operating in the CC lanes (Velocity for example) if you have a cluster of midi notes.
In most of the earlier versions you could hold Shift, Left mouse and drag to change only the selected midi items and it would ignore the other unselected items, so you could increase the velocity or scale it up and down while the un selected items remained unaffected..
This no longer works at all, as I use this a lot I cant really use any version 6 right now.
Thanks
The default shift+mouse behavior has changed in 6.0 to match the track envelope defaults, so shift+click will insert a CC event. If you prefer the old behavior where shift+drag creates a linear ramp of selected events, you can change this in Options > Preferences > Editing Behavior > Mouse Modifiers:

schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:58 PM   #18
timzibrat

I'm not really sure where to post this, but it might be the right place. I have one major issue with fully released versions of Reaper, that doesn't seem to be a problem in development versions. And this has been going on for a few months now. Vertical scroll with the mouse-wheel is slow and jerky in released versions, while prerelease versions work fast and smooth while scrolling. Has this already been discussed? Hope this is something that will be implemented full time in Reaper 6.0. or something that can be easily fixed on my side.

-Tim
timzibrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:48 PM   #19
robgb

Loading Kontakt instruments causes constant crashes in this version on MacOS Mojave. Don't have this problem with the official version.
robgb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:52 PM   #20
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgb View Post
Loading Kontakt instruments causes constant crashes in this version on MacOS Mojave. Don't have this problem with the official version.
Can you give us a crash dump file? You can run Console.app under "User Reports". If it is easier please email it to support at cockos dot com. Thanks!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:24 AM   #21
Astro

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
The default shift+mouse behavior has changed in 6.0 to match the track envelope defaults, so shift+click will insert a CC event. If you prefer the old behavior where shift+drag creates a linear ramp of selected events, you can change this in Options > Preferences > Editing Behavior > Mouse Modifiers:

Thanks Schwa...I should have checked the mouse modifiers...so all good.
I guess that there is no fix for the cursor not changing to lighter color over the time ruler in the main timeline when using themes like Commala 5.
I kind of like the new Reaper def theme, but still prefer Commala 5.
Depends how flexible the new default theme is tho..I havent looked at it yet, been very busy arranging music.
Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:59 AM   #22
GonZ

Anyone is having issues on scanning new VSTs? Reaper seems like cannot find them...
GonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:06 AM   #23
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZ View Post
Anyone is having issues on scanning new VSTs? Reaper seems like cannot find them...
no.. what system/platform, some particular plugin brands?
Old 12-02-2019, 03:45 AM   #24
rst

I noticed that mixer fader movement since 6rc1 becomes less responsive and cause quite high CPU usage. Tested on Windows 10 64bit.
In v 5.99 it is a bit smoother.

rst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:48 AM   #25
uksnowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by estux View Post

These have been around a while. I have them often. In V5
Old 12-02-2019, 04:23 AM   #26
GonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
no.. what system/platform, some particular plugin brands?
Windows 10 64 bits, I've realized yesterday that the new plugin Berzerk from Waves did not appear. I though it was something related with the "strange" VST system of them (waveshell.dll) but today I've tried to add my NI VST and Reaper seems, again, that cannot read them...
GonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:10 AM   #27
kris.audioplanet

I am still not finding the Softube Console 1 vst3 version on my projects. They open fine in the version 5.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 13.07.47.png (49.4 KB, 219 views)
kris.audioplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:23 AM   #28
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZ View Post
Windows 10 64 bits, I've realized yesterday that the new plugin Berzerk from Waves did not appear. I though it was something related with the "strange" VST system of them (waveshell.dll) but today I've tried to add my NI VST and Reaper seems, again, that cannot read them...
ok I see, Komplete vst-2's are recognized here on mac, no idea about the other stuff..)
Old 12-02-2019, 08:12 AM   #29
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksnowy View Post
These have been around a while. I have them often. In V5
Yes, same for me: ghost pins!
Old 12-02-2019, 08:17 AM   #30
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris.audioplanet View Post
I am still not finding the Softube Console 1 vst3 version on my projects. They open fine in the version 5.
How are you testing these? Overwriting the v5 install with v6, then reinstall v5 over the top of it? Are they both the same architecture (32-bit vs 64-bit)? Is one a portable install?
Old 12-02-2019, 09:21 AM   #31
Dimson

Please correct the old bug: Start playing in loop mode, turn on the recording, as a result, the program starts recording events not from the beginning. This happens with the recording mode enabled - Overdub
Old 12-02-2019, 09:27 AM   #32
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimson View Post
Please correct the old bug: Start playing in loop mode, turn on the recording, as a result, the program starts recording events not from the beginning. This happens with the recording mode enabled - Overdub
Go to preferences/loop recording and check "MIDI overdub/replace recording always creates selection-length media item"
Old 12-02-2019, 09:41 AM   #33
Dimson

Thanks, it helped me.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #34
Funkybot

Not sure if this is a new issue but Secondary Time Unit selection doesn't save in the ruler.

1. In the project timeline, right-click the ruler
2. Go to Secondary Time Ruler
3. Change from Minutes:Seconds to None
4. Exit and restart Reaper

Result: Secondary Time Ruler is back to Minutes:Seconds

Note: even tried to save a new Default Project template after removing this and it made no difference. This is using Windows.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:52 AM   #35
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Not sure if this is a new issue but Secondary Time Unit selection doesn't save in the ruler.

1. In the project timeline, right-click the ruler
2. Go to Secondary Time Ruler
3. Change from Minutes:Seconds to None
4. Exit and restart Reaper

Result: Secondary Time Ruler is back to Minutes:Seconds

Note: even tried to save a new Default Project template after removing this and it made no difference. This is using Windows.
That setting is a project setting... it should save with the default project template, but if you're loading an existing project (or a rpp template) that would override it.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #36
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
That setting is a project setting... it should save with the default project template, but if you're loading an existing project (or a rpp template) that would override it.
Thanks Justin. Thought it was global. Didn't realize it was per-project. The default project was exactly what was happening.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #37
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post

I don't know if these two checkboxes at the bootom are considered part of mouse modifiers context (so they get exported and imported whith other mouse modifiers). But if they are not, it would be really smart to put them in the action list - it really took me some time to find these options to be honest.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:12 PM   #38
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
I don't know if these two checkboxes at the bootom are considered part of mouse modifiers context (so they get exported and imported whith other mouse modifiers). But if they are not, it would be really smart to put them in the action list - it really took me some time to find these options to be honest.
Hi, Breeder

The command is in the Actions. See pic

PS: If you use the Filter in the Actions e.g: type Linear or linear, everything that contains Linear will appear in the Main and also in the MIDI Editor.

Thanks.

Last edited by Edison; 01-09-2020 at 02:42 AM.
Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:58 PM   #39
C-H

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rocks View Post
Yeah confirmed
That's a feature that I've been trying to find in recent releases.
It's just a pin used to pin a plugin to the top.

I wan't the feature back!
Old 12-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #40
robgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Can you give us a crash dump file? You can run Console.app under "User Reports". If it is easier please email it to support at cockos dot com. Thanks!
Looks as if it was my computer, not Reaper. After reboot I haven't encountered the problem again today. I'll let you know if that changes.
robgb is online now   Reply With Quote