Old 10-26-2019, 05:17 AM   #401
HighVoltage
Human being with feelings

Smart duplicate items grid relative BUG

This script works very unreliable if the item is exactly filling the bar.

Attached Images
File Type: gif Reaper - smart duplicate.gif (43.8 KB, 1869 views)
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:32 AM   #402
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post

I cant reproduce that. Share the project to find a bug please.

Last edited by mpl; 11-04-2019 at 09:29 AM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:24 AM   #403
EpicSounds

Script: mpl_Create ReaComp sidechain routing.lua

This is a great script, any chance of a ReaGate version also?
Old 11-16-2019, 10:29 AM   #404
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
Script: mpl_Create ReaComp sidechain routing.lua

This is a great script, any chance of a ReaGate version also?

Added to ReaPack.

Last edited by mpl; 11-17-2019 at 02:45 AM.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #405
nofish

Interactive toolbar:
Quote:
v1.87 by MPL – November 16 2019
+ Support for external GUI update (REAPER 5.97+)
What's this about (out of curiousity)?
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:14 PM   #406
mpl

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=182
Old 11-25-2019, 11:04 AM   #407
BirdBird

I have modified Parameter Modulation Viewer a bit to have it provide a similar workflow to Ableton Live's racks for anyone that might be interested. Also tweaked the GUI a bit to my liking.
https://streamable.com/62zmm

I am not very experienced at programming so my mod is by no means perfect But here is the script for anyone that might want it:
Attached Files
File Type: zip mpl (BirdBird Mod)_Parameter Modulation Viewer.zip (23.6 KB, 254 views)
BirdBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #408
Triode

mpl_Send midi source as channel x.lua

Hi mpl.
Thanks for your scripts which I use a lot.
I was just wondering if it would be possible to make a variation of the above script that would set item midi source as midi channel 2( without a dialog box).
This would need to work on selections that include large numbers of items and allow for ignoring audio items within selections.
I'm aiming to make a solo item toggle that works for audio as well as midi items by putting all items "offline" thus working at a different level to regular mute.
Many thanks
Old 12-07-2019, 12:57 AM   #409
monk

Default "Generate track volume automation item from audio take" not working under Reaper 6

Sorry if this isn't the right thread, I think it is, it's the url appearing the the script. I can't get "Generate track volume automation item from audio take" to working under Reaper 6.

It runs, but takes forever, and returns an automation item with multiple points, all at -inf dB.

Is there a way for me to see any errors it might be throwing, or some way I might be able to fix it?
monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:19 PM   #410
Tone Ranger

Hello MPL!!

Thanks for all of the great scripts! I have a quick question about the script 'create ReaComp sidechain routing'. Is it possible to set the script so that the send created from the source track is pre-fader? I had a look at the coding, but not being well versed in it I couldn't see an obvious option to change it.

Thanks again :-)
Tone Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:12 PM   #411
Joe90

Hi Mpl,

I've been playing around with your script - 'create send from focused FX insert', it seems like just what I'm looking for... however it's not working as expected, it's copying the whole FX chain onto the send track, and moving only the focused effect. Am I doing something wrong, or is this intended behaviour? I'm using the latest dev version of Reaper, SWS is updated.

Thanks for your help.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:11 AM   #412
o_e

Hi, I had posted the same request in the orginal thread but this is maybe a better place..

I'am using your

'mpl_Enlarge selected track, define height (background).lua'

Instead of a fixed pixel value for the enlargment I would like to give a value which is relativ to the choosen track height (for example 150%).
This would be a great enhancement imo..
Possible?

Thanks!
o_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #413
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Hit's copying the whole FX chain onto the send track, and moving only the focused effect
Updated for native moving FX / avoid chunking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_e View Post
Instead of a fixed pixel value for the enlargment I would like to give a value which is relativ to the choosen track height (for example 150%).
Possible?
Looks like a good request, I think it is possible, but can be slightly tricky to handle restoring source heights. Any Github pull requests for this are welcome.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:44 PM   #414
o_e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post

Looks like a good request, I think it is possible, but can be slightly tricky to handle restoring source heights. Any Github pull requests for this are welcome.
Thanks for the quick reaction!
Please let us know if you've achieved something..
o_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:59 PM   #415
Joe90

Quote:
Updated for native moving FX / avoid chunking.
Hi mpl - the previous issue is fixed now, thank you!

However, previously this script was creating the receive track directly next to the track you are sending from, now it's skipping a track before making the receive track (so you end up with a track in the middle). This means if you run the action on the last track in the project, you get this -

mpl_Create send from focused FX insert.lua:31: bad argument #3 to 'TrackFX_CopyToTrack' (MediaTrack expected)
Old 12-14-2019, 09:45 PM   #416
mpl

Ah, acidentally removed tracknumber increment. Should works as expected now.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:39 PM   #417
Joe90

Perfect, works brilliantly now, thank you!

GREAT script, it pairs brilliantly with neutronics 'quick add fx or track template', which adds and floats FX from a quick search box, so I can use this script in combination with that one for a 'quick add send' script that works perfectly in one custom action. Lovely little workflow enhancer.

Oh and the interactive toolbar is looking perfect now too, you've fixed all the HiDPI issues with the last update. The button contrast control was a nice touch too. Thanks.

May I ask - do you think it would be tricky to put together a live send linking script? Like spk's 'link selected track FX parameter' but for sends? So when you adjust or mute a send on one of the selected tracks, all the others adjust too? It could work either by matching slot or by matching destination? Either would work for me, although destination would probably be better I guess.

I'm asking you because you already have some amazing scripts for send control already, but what I'm looking for would ideally just run silently like the spk script I mentioned. If it could link the adding/removal of sends too that would be even better, but I'm guessing that would be trickier. It wouldn't matter if it's a bit CPU intensive, it would be on a toolbar button that I'd just toggle on when I need linked send control, then toggle back off, in fact I'd attach it with the spk script in one button, for full track parameter linking that I can toggle at ease.

No worries if not if course, just thought it might be worth asking you specifically, as maybe you could tweak/extract some code from one of your other send control scripts and put this together easily (scripting and coding is well out of my expertise so if that was a foolish statement then forgive me). If you think it's possible then I'd happily make another donation to the cause.

Cheers mpl, and keep up the great work!
Old 12-14-2019, 11:30 PM   #418
mpl

Quote:
So when you adjust or mute a send on one of the selected tracks, all the others adjust too? It could work either by matching slot or by matching destination? Either would work for me, although destination would probably be better I guess.
You can use Ctrl+drag in Interactive Toolbar #chrecvmixer to change receive level to that track.

Old 12-14-2019, 11:42 PM   #419
lachinhan

Default mpl Align takes

We hope you continue developing "mpl Align takes"
lachinhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:05 AM   #420
Eraz

Default Duplicate items grid relative

Hello there!
Recently I tried out your duplicate scripts and they all do some strange things with grouped items.
If I have a drum performance with multiple grouped items and duplicate them, only the duplicate is grouped correctly (the original items have the green marker around the edges but you can select them separately). It is good that it puts the duplicated items in its own group though.

Show you what happens here:

Eraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:03 AM   #421
Joe90

Quote:
You can use Ctrl+drag in Interactive Toolbar #chrecvmixer to change receive level to that track.

Very cool - didn't know about this, thanks!

I should point it's not the same though, as this effects ALL receive levels. The script I described would be used when you have, say 30 vocal tracks all going to a reverb aux, and you need to turn down a specific the send level on just 8 of them. Yes you can pack them into a folder and just make one send from that (sometimes that's what I do) but often they are already in organised in a different folder hierarchy for other reasons, in which case I have to go though all 8 tracks manually adjusting the level for each one... not a big deal by any means, but a script to save the time would be nice.

It strikes me that it could even be incorporated it into the interactive toolbar in a future update. If you have multiple tracks selected and adjust pan/volume/delay from the toolbar it effects all of them, so it would be awesome to adjust a specific send of all selected tracks too (maybe with a modifier), this would probably make more sense to work by linking slots rather than destinations in this context, but that would still be very helpful... just a thought.

Also, a small thing I just noticed, send adjustments are not undo-able when made via the interactive toolbar.

Thanks again.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:12 PM   #422
Zapatero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBird View Post
I have modified Parameter Modulation Viewer a bit to have it provide a similar workflow to Ableton Live's racks (...)
Cool, BirdBird! Very convenient modification to open the param. modulation window by clicking the list entry. However, did you remove the abilitiy to scroll the list by Left Mouse Button Drag? Seems this does only work in MPL's original script.
Zapatero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:23 PM   #423
BirdBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatero View Post
Cool, BirdBird! Very convenient modification to open the param. modulation window by clicking the list entry. However, did you remove the abilitiy to scroll the list by Left Mouse Button Drag? Seems this does only work in MPL's original script.
Thanks, fixed. Right click drag or middle button click and drag scrolls the view. Also added numbers that display the FX slot the plugins are on.

The code is getting messier by the minute, but it works
Attached Files
File Type: zip mpl (BirdBird Mod)_Parameter Modulation Viewer.zip (24.3 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by BirdBird; 12-16-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:38 PM   #424
BirdBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post

Quote:
I cant reproduce that. Share the project to find a bug please.
I have discovered that the bug in "mpl_Smart duplicate items grid relative" starts happening after changing project tempo.

* Create an empty project
* Draw a MIDI clip on an empty track that fills an entire bar
* Run the script a couple of times to confirm that it works as expected
* Change project tempo
* Run the script a couple of times again
Old 12-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #425
Zapatero

Quote:
Thanks, fixed. Right click drag or middle button click and drag scrolls the view. Also added numbers that display the FX slot the plugins are on.
@BirdBird: Those are very nice additions! Scrolling works like a charm now, thank you for the effort. (Huge thank you to MPL's pioneer work even more so!)
Zapatero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:31 PM   #426
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Ranger View Post
Hello MPL!!

Thanks for all of the great scripts! I have a quick question about the script 'create ReaComp sidechain routing'. Is it possible to set the script so that the send created from the source track is pre-fader? I had a look at the coding, but not being well versed in it I couldn't see an obvious option to change it.

Thanks again :-)
I'd love to know this too, I expect there is be a line or two of code we can change/add to make the script default to a pre-fader send, but I couldn't figure it out. I know we can change our global default send preferences, but I'd prefer to keep that as post-fader. I only want the specific sidechain sends created by this script to be pre-fader.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:49 PM   #427
Tone Ranger

Quote:
I only want the specific sidechain sends created by this script to be pre-fader.
Same, it would definitely make this great script that much faster to use. I can't imagine too many people wanting the sound of their sidechain compression changing when they use volume automation on the track that's triggering the compression. But I do want to keep my global send default set to post fader, as that's how I use them pretty much the rest of the time.

Would absolutely donate again to have this implemented, MPL. Have already donated for Interactive Toolbar, which is permanently on in every session! :-)
Old 12-20-2019, 01:56 PM   #428
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Ranger View Post
about the script 'create ReaComp sidechain routing'. Is it possible to set the script so that the send created from the source track is pre-fader?
added, see 1.04
Old 12-20-2019, 02:09 PM   #429
AJYoung

EDIT: WHOOPS. Wrong thread.
AJYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:08 PM   #430
Joe90

Quote:
added, see 1.04
Thank you!
Old 12-20-2019, 05:16 PM   #431
Tone Ranger

Quote:
added, see 1.04
Huge thanks for this, MPL. Sending another donation shortly!! 👍
Old 12-22-2019, 10:10 AM   #432
mpl

Quote:
I have discovered that the bug in "mpl_Smart duplicate items grid relative" starts happening after changing project tempo.
For now I`ve rebuild "mpl_Smart duplicate items" which handle tempo/timesignature changes, but it is measure-step only. Mybe I`ll fix grid relative version in the future, not sure how complex it will go for me (math).
Old 12-22-2019, 10:43 AM   #433
BirdBird

Quote:
For now I`ve rebuild "mpl_Smart duplicate items" which handle tempo/timesignature changes, but it is measure-step only. Mybe I`ll fix grid relative version in the future, not sure how complex it will go for me (math).
Thanks! I did make a pull request for the relative to grid version the other day, not sure if you have seen it

I am not sure if it is the best way to deal with the problem in the script, but it is working for me so far.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:50 PM   #434
mpl

Quote:
Thanks! I did make a pull request for the relative to grid version the other day, not sure if you have seen it
Oh great. No, I didn't saw it yet, I'll definitely inspect it tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:26 PM   #435
Eraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraz View Post
Hello there!
Recently I tried out your duplicate scripts and they all do some strange things with grouped items.
If I have a drum performance with multiple grouped items and duplicate them, only the duplicate is grouped correctly (the original items have the green marker around the edges but you can select them separately). It is good that it puts the duplicated items in its own group though.

Show you what happens here:

Any news if this is possible to fix?
Eraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:05 AM   #436
Don Solaris

These no longer work?

Kinda pity. It's the only script i ever needed.
Don Solaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:56 AM   #437
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
These no longer work?
Kinda pity. It's the only script i ever needed.
It is in "RS5k tools" package.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:18 PM   #438
Don Solaris

Oh thank you so much! I must have missed it before.
Don Solaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:22 PM   #439
timryan257

Hi MPL - a question about the spectral edit copy and paste scripts. Can I use them to basically copy a particular spectral edit to different locations within an item and in other items? I've tried and it seems like the paste function does not paste the copied spectral edit at the current cursor location as one might expect. What I want to do is define a spectral edit to deal with a specific recurring noise issue [nasty cymbal hit] and then paste that spectral edit wherever I want, eg where the cymbal hits are, within that same item and other items. In this case, each item is a stereo wav file from an imported already-mastered recording.

at the moment, I've resorted to creating a new spectral edit for each occurrence, using the parameter values from the first edit I created. Very time consuming and not too consistent

any help is much appreciated.
timryan257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:26 PM   #440
kovarny

Quantize tool doesn't work with midi notes
kovarny is offline   Reply With Quote