Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 10-31-2019, 09:11 PM   #1
PeterRamos280zx
Human being with feelings

Default why is reaper adjusting my volume

why is reaper adjusting the sound mix of each track when im playing multiple tracks but not physically. it didnt do this before i must have accidently pressed something or my nephew adjusted a knob on the midi controller when i wasnt looking
for example if i have a drum track it will play normal but when i start playing the piano while the drums are playing, the drum volume will get way lower depending on how hard i press the piano keys.the knobs or peak levels dont change so i duno if i messed up my sound card or what. i dont know if it does this while i record but its annoying

while im at it, when using the sequencer, if i record a 4 bar part, how come sometimes when i want to say make it a 8 bar loop, i dont see that line that lets u adjust where the loop repeats. its only on some tracks i dont get it. if i try to move the sliders very far out i still wont see where the loop should end. so i have to keep making copies of the same loop and paste them on the track. i know its the same its just annoying
update i just realized its doing also when the drum track is in monitor or playback. my snare will be lower in volume if the highhat is playing also.
I use mpc essentials but this also effects other plugins.
i cant find a factory reset option i just wana do that

Last edited by PeterRamos280zx; 10-31-2019 at 09:28 PM. Reason: update
PeterRamos280zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:49 PM   #2
bobobo

windows?

have you changed the audio-device settings in REAPER ?

windows tends to "optimize" the sound if it can.
using wasapi or asio-drivers from your audio-device bypasses this (makes it lower in volume but more exact)
bobobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:59 AM   #3
PeterRamos280zx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobo View Post
windows?

have you changed the audio-device settings in REAPER ?

windows tends to "optimize" the sound if it can.
using wasapi or asio-drivers from your audio-device bypasses this (makes it lower in volume but more exact)

thank you so much that fixed it. its actually louder. this whole time i thought asio drivers were for certain hardware like an audio interface
PeterRamos280zx is offline   Reply With Quote