Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2018, 03:25 AM   #1
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Default Linux installer

Please note that REAPER for Linux has gotten an install script and desktop/mime support. It is quite flexible and allows several choices to be made, but to make it easy on the new user I'll make the following recommendations.

Chose I to install, and 1 to install it into /opt. Let it install the desktop support and to create the symlink. This will result in having REAPER installed system wide in /opt/REAPER where an uninstall script will also be created. The desktop support will add reaper to the system's start menu (applications), and mime support so that files will be correctly shown in the file browser. The symlink in /usr/local/bin will allow you to start REAPER from a terminal by typing reaper5.

This can also be achieved directly by running: sudo sh install-reaper.sh --install "/opt" --quiet --integrate-desktop --usr-local-bin-symlink

REAPER's userdata will by default be created in ~/.config/REAPER.

Install your license and optional SWELL theming (reaper-license.rk & libSwell.colortheme) into ~/.config/REAPER. Install SWS and Reapack (reaper_sws64.so reaper_reapack64.so) into ~/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins.

Have fun and please let us know about any eventual issues or thoughts on the installation process.

Note that there is no need to install REAPER and the desktop support, you can safely run REAPER out of whatever directory you unpacked it into.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)

Last edited by Jack Winter; 07-18-2018 at 03:40 AM.
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote