Old 11-28-2020, 07:37 AM   #1
krabbencutter
Human being with feelings

Default EAR production suite

Thanks to matnoir for pointing me to the EAR production suite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matnoir View Post
[...]
The BBC along with the EBU have also released the equivalent, developed specifically with and for Reaper : https://ear-production-suite.ebu.io/

Have a nice day,
p@T
Since I didn't want to derail the Dolby Atmos topic too much, I thought it best to start a new thread.

What I find really hard to wrap my head around is how to incorporate third party vst plugins like a 7.1.2 reverb. I could create a 7.1.2 bed mix, which I can send to the EAR scene as a 7.1.2 direct input. But what if I want to have a reverb for objects?
Same with a limiter. How do I make sure my final mix is in spec? Does the renderer take plugins after the monitoring VSTs into account?
krabbencutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:20 AM   #2
Joystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by krabbencutter View Post
What I find really hard to wrap my head around is how to incorporate third party vst plugins like a 7.1.2 reverb.
Maybe my post here is of interest: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...72&postcount=5
Joystick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 04:14 AM   #3
krabbencutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joystick View Post
Interesting idea, but probably works better for music & recordings. I'm currently playing around with sound design/game audio, where the audio sources don't have any natural ambience.
But after reading through dolby's documentation, I think the easiest solution are re-renders.
- Dolby recommends using a 5.1 re-render for final loudness measurements
- objects would be initially mixed without reverb. Once the mix is done, all objects could be grouped together and rendered to a 7.1.2 stem. This could then be mixed back into the reverb on the original bed track and might give a good approximation of space, while keeping the flexibility of objects intact.

I'll report back once I've tried that out
krabbencutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:31 AM   #4
Joystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by krabbencutter View Post
Interesting idea, but probably works better for music & recordings. I'm currently playing around with sound design/game audio, where the audio sources don't have any natural ambience.
I work only with game audio too, like 99%.

Yes what you propose could work too. My recommendation work for both games and music if you balance the localization/diffusion aesthetics right according to your needs.

If you produce any ambience to get into the game as a per-rendered loop, maybe you wanna avoid the center and LFE channels and produce a clean quad. It's more compatible with the end users' setups.

I would love to hear what you've done.

Cheers!
Old 01-05-2021, 08:08 AM   #5
svijayrathinam

I have been playing around with this for a while now . The direct speakers and object plugins doesn’t get added automatically into the scene plugin. Everytime I add an object or a direct speaker plugin Iam manually adding them to the scene . Also when creating a project with ADM file or exploding an ADM file it doesn’t create the scene and monitor tracks automatically.

Also a stereo Object plugin will be very useful.

Also ability to add object plugins and direct speakers plugins as take FX will be very very useful

Hope to see this soon 😀.

Great work so far !
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 02:14 AM   #6
Joystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
The direct speakers and object plugins doesn’t get added automatically into the scene plugin. Everytime I add an object or a direct speaker plugin Iam manually adding them to the scene.
This is a known workflow, they also mention that little nuisance in their videos too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
Also when creating a project with ADM file or exploding an ADM file it doesn’t create the scene and monitor tracks automatically.
Also a stereo Object plugin will be very useful.
Also ability to add object plugins and direct speakers plugins as take FX will be very very useful.
Those are good ideas, you should post that on their website, the project is not under Reaper or Cockos developers.

Their website is here: https://ear-production-suite.ebu.io/

They have a contact mail link for feature and bug reports on the bottom.

They also have a place on GitHub: https://github.com/ebu/ear-production-suite