Old 09-15-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
WAR TORN
Human being with feelings

Default Rex Files In Reaper...

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post, I'm looking for a How To with regards to working with rex files, normally in my current DAW ( Logic ) I just drop a rex file onto the sequencer, the channel is created and the rex file is in time with the bpm - on reaper though this all is happening, except the rex file is not in time?

Am I missing something?

I'm currently using the latest demo version
WAR TORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:24 AM   #2
schwa
Administrator

When you drag a REX file into REAPER, you should get a prompt asking you if you want to keep the original file tempo, or match the project tempo.

If you don't get this prompt, go to Options/Preferences/Media/Video-REX-Misc, under "Import REX files as:", select "beat slices that dynamically adjust to tempo changes" (or select "always prompt").

Note, if you are dragging the file from REAPER's Media Explorer, the Media Explorer tempo match setting will override the REX preference. So make sure that is set to "tempo match on" if you are dragging from that window.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
WAR TORN
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
When you drag a REX file into REAPER, you should get a prompt asking you if you want to keep the original file tempo, or match the project tempo.

If you don't get this prompt, go to Options/Preferences/Media/Video-REX-Misc, under "Import REX files as:", select "beat slices that dynamically adjust to tempo changes" (or select "always prompt").

Note, if you are dragging the file from REAPER's Media Explorer, the Media Explorer tempo match setting will override the REX preference. So make sure that is set to "tempo match on" if you are dragging from that window.

Thank you
WAR TORN is offline   Reply With Quote