Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 09-15-2017, 02:00 PM   #161
JohnnyK
Human being with feelings

Default Dual Mono Tracks with Independent Faders

I have a situation where a dual mono track with separate faders and metering (no panning) would be desirable. I have 16 completely dry mono channels for separate instruments in an ensemble (from Garritan aria player). Currently I have to render to 16 stereo tracks (even though left and right channels are identical) before applying any FX. I then apply Reaverbate to each mono track using an appropriate impulse file to get a space modelled stereo output for each instrument. It would be so much easier to render to 8 dual mono tracks (halving the CPU effort). Surely it is easier to independently fade/meter two mono tracks separately on one track than it is to apply a complicated pan law to what is after all, two mono tracks anyway. This could be achieved by adding a new (dual mono) pan mode.
JohnnyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #162
Jorock

Reviving and adding a +1 to mono tracks in reaper! Hopefully Reaper 6.0 is around the corner and will include this!
Jorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:01 PM   #163
Distressor

+1
Please add mono track option!
Distressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:49 PM   #164
1111Eugene

It's not about the cpu usage, it's for better navigation through a project. If there's a problem with stereo sound, you just skip all mono meters and search for stereo ones. But what if we want to make sound stereo. adding another stereo track for it is not the best thing... so it should switch automatically. that is stupid and not making things simple... sooo... a btter option would be to add a mono option in a tracks output routing thing... and....whatever man I'm tired of thinking

Last edited by 1111Eugene; 06-23-2019 at 01:41 PM.
1111Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote