Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 06-22-2018, 09:42 PM   #1
Lokasenna
Human being with feelings

Default Trouble using pink lines on folder indent image

Maybe I'm just having a brain fart - it's been ages since I worked with theme stuff.

I'm trying to add some little indicator blobs for each level of folder indenting in the TCP. However, no matter what I do I can't seem to get folder_indent.png to respect pink lines. Example:

- The red is a placeholder. Don't get angry.
- The blob should end up nicely centered in the indent image's space - two dots for a folder-in-a-folder, etc.
- As far as I can tell there's no Waltering for these particular theme elements, since their size is determined by the track height and tcp_folderindent.

Am I just an idiot?

Last edited by Lokasenna; 06-23-2018 at 07:10 AM.
Lokasenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:20 PM   #2
lucas_LCS

The pink has to also define the upper left and lower right corner.
Stretch the left pink line up to the top.
Move the top pink line to the bottom and stretch it to the right side.
I'm not at home or would do an example and post it.
Is this for the gray dot mod?
Looks good.
+1 from me on that idea.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:42 PM   #3
bobobo

this
folder_indent.png
bobobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:52 AM   #4
Lokasenna

lucas_LCS - Yup.

I had tried both of those as well. It removes the pink, but the whole image is still stretched to the width and height of the track - in fact, nothing I've tried has kept the dot in the middle from stretching.

- Pink all the way up still stretches it.
- Pink in the corners with yellow still stretches it, but I didn't think it would work.
- Pink in the corners with smaller pink dashes to match the dot (see the sliders on p3 of Power Of Pink) still stretches it.

Edit: Progress... kinda. This doesn't stretch the dot, but it's also stuck up in the top-left corner of the image area for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Lokasenna; 06-23-2018 at 06:58 AM.
Lokasenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:16 AM   #5
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
Edit: Progress... kinda. This doesn't stretch the dot, but it's also stuck up in the top-left corner of the image area for obvious reasons.
So I think what you want is to put a dot in the middle of a background and have the background stretch, but the dot to remain both in the middle and unstretched.

If so, that's not possible, you're trying to hack a bg image beyond its capabilities of just being a background; because Reaper always stretches from the edges, you can only exclude sections that connect to an edge.

More broadly, this is why themers often use a doner element to add non-functional visual elements, because they can then WALTER the doner element. index bg is most ideally suited to this task because it is walterable, non-interactive and has selected/unselected state.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:23 AM   #6
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
So I think what you want is to put a dot in the middle of a background and have the background stretch, but the dot to remain both in the middle and unstretched.

If so, that's not possible, you're trying to hack a bg image beyond its capabilities of just being a background; because Reaper always stretches from the edges, you can only exclude sections that connect to an edge.

More broadly, this is why themers often use a doner element to add non-functional visual elements, because they can then WALTER the doner element. index bg is most ideally suited to this task because it is walterable, non-interactive and has selected/unselected state.
Cheers, that's what I was expecting to hear.

I ran into a separate issue with this scheme anyway:

Reaper expects the indent/end images to just be filling in corners, so folder_end gets shoved in there no matter what you do.

Oh well...