Old 12-09-2016, 10:15 AM   #1
Reflected
Human being with feelings

Default item label background color - help.

Hey guys

I want to color only the item's label background and not all the background of the item.

how can I do that.?

I tried to explain what i need with illustration, please see the image below.
I've attached the file so you can edit it if you can...
thanks

Attached Images
File Type: png item_bg.png (291 Bytes, 1082 views)
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:19 PM   #2
xpander

You can do it the same way you did the TCP panels. Set the lower transparent part to opaque color of your choice. Remember to do it also for the item_bg_sel.png image.

Your example above has a fixed item label background color (the opaque red part). If you want the label background part to actually follow the item color selection, you'll have to do couple of changes. First you'll have to untick "Draw labels above the item" in Preferences/Appearance/Media. Then you'll have to edit the item bg images so that the top part of the item background is transparent. Example of that in the next post.

Using your item image, it's easier if you want to just keep the label background color fixed and the labels drawn above the items.

Last edited by xpander; 12-10-2016 at 08:17 AM. Reason: edited for accuracy
xpander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:08 PM   #3
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
You can do it the same way you did the TCP panels. Set the lower transparent part to opaque color of your choice. Remember to do it also for the item_bg_sel.png image.

Your example above has a fixed item label background color (the opaque red part). If you want the label background part to actually follow the item color selection, you'll have to do couple of changes. First you'll have to untick "Draw labels above the item" in Preferences/Appearance/Media. Then you'll have to edit the item bg images so that the top part of the item background is transparent. This involves also extending the current top left pink line (dot) down so that the transparent part keeps the proper height when adjusting the track height. This might not work that well, so it's easier if you want to just keep the label background color fixed and the labels drawn above the items.
if i will do it like in the tcp, the waveform peaks will go behind the label background.

any other way to do it? with a fixed label above items?
Old 12-10-2016, 08:13 AM   #4
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
if i will do it like in the tcp, the waveform peaks will go behind the label background.
Different things. Common thing is that transparency controls how much chosen color will show through in different areas of the image. However, using your item image as an example was a mistake, I apologize for that.

What I meant was something like in the following picture. Item label drawn over the item, not above it, and the label background getting the selected item color:

And the item background image I used for the example above...

If you want to use your earlier item image with the solid red label background area, you must have your item labels above the items. And set like that, you cannot have the label background color changing along with the item color. It will always be the fixed color you have in the item image.

Now, if you'd set that label background area transparent in your image, it will let the color behind it through. But since the label is above the item, that color will be the track background color, not the item color.
xpander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:27 PM   #5
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Was this ever resolved?

I'd like to have a solid color over the item
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:09 AM   #6
strachupl

The answer is: impossible.
Making background over the additional space over item is not a function or option intended I think but you can use it if you want like it is but I would say better no because:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=18
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 02:48 PM   #7
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Was this ever resolved?

I'd like to have a solid color over the item
I couldn't find a solution yet.