Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
2ndbeat
Human being with feelings

Default Is Digidesign 003 rack compatible

Hi,
I have a Digidesign 003 rack as an interface and I want to know if this unit is compatible with Reaper.
Thanks for your answers.
2ndbeat
2ndbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
vala

I have a 003Rack+, I just did a quick test a few weeks ago with Reaper and it works, albeit while recording the incoming signals seemed less hot than in ProTools and I had to crank up the pots more than previously...
vala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
Steve36

I have been using a 003 rack with Reaper for a few years now and it works fine...the only issue I have is that when changing the buffer setting (ASIO configuration) Reaper will freeze. Simply save your work,change the setting, then close and re-start Reaper and it will open with the new setting. I am using mine with WIN7 (x64) and apparently this is a common issue with both the 002 and 003. If you need them you can find the latest drivers for mac or PC here... http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...02-003-Drivers

Steve
Steve36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #4
B00Ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve36 View Post
I have been using a 003 rack with Reaper for a few years now and it works fine...the only issue I have is that when changing the buffer setting (ASIO configuration) Reaper will freeze. Simply save your work,change the setting, then close and re-start Reaper and it will open with the new setting. I am using mine with WIN7 (x64) and apparently this is a common issue with both the 002 and 003. If you need them you can find the latest drivers for mac or PC here... http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...02-003-Drivers

Steve
Greetings, I am in this boat right now trying to get Reaper to work with my Digi 003 Rack on Windows 7 but Reaper doesn't acknowledge the Digi Interface. I have successfully installed the 'Standalone Windows Audio Drivers v8.0.3' from the Avid website earlier today and that works. Windows 7 operating system DOES recognize the Digi Rack as hardware but when I launch Reaper it will tell me after a moment that there is an error with my Audio Device and when I attempt to select the Device it shows up in the list but as the Elevenrack(?) not the Digi 003 Rack..
I was looking over these just now: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...02-003-Drivers
I think I will try one of these or something, maybe I am missing a piece of the puzzle. Windows 7 (64bit) by the way.
B00Ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #5
Steve36

Hey BOOKs, just saw your post. I sold my 003 a couple of years ago now but those drivers definitely worked for me and should do for you too. Forgive me,but I will assume (possibly incorrectly)that this is the first time you've used an external audio interface with Reaper. If so,Make sure you choose "ASIO" under "Options/Preferences/Audio/Device/Audio settings/"(or click the top right corner of the track page)...The digi 003 rack should appear there.

Best of luck.

Steve
Steve36 is offline   Reply With Quote