Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-11-2024, 01:45 AM   #3321
moss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldhall1856 View Post
1. Is it possible to fully customize all the button like you could in CSI? I’m just getting started using your software. You probably know I could easily assign any reaper action to a button. We use reaper for a live stream and don’t actually record using the DAW. I searched in your manual but couldn’t find what I was looking for.
No, that's not the concept of DrivenByMoss. However, there are alreqady many many configuration options in my MCU version. Furthermore, the configurability of the touch display of the V1-M allows basically to address any command you like. So, what are you missing?

Quote:
2. Specific wants would be for the jog wheel to scroll through the tracks on the MCP.
That should be possible with the specific encoder mode from iCON. However, I found it a bit fast. Watch my video about the V1-M if you do not know what I mean.

Quote:
Another specific want is a button to go to VCA Leads and then back to all channels. Airon has made an action that made this possible. Just need buttons to do it.
No, not possible.

Quote:
3. I’ve also questioned, would it be possible to make one of the extenders just for VCA leads? That surface doesn’t change when you page? It might not even be possible.
No, that is not possible. But there is an option to put all FX tracks on the last extender.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:46 AM   #3322
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hql426 View Post
Disable the "Kontrol" ports? (Maybe you really meant to say, "Disable the input for control messages")?

So here is what my Midi Hardware settings are configured:
KONTROL S61 MK3
MIDIIN2 (KONTROL S61 MK3)
MIDIIN3 (KONTROL S61 MK3)

All 3 of them are setup as follows:

"Enable input for track record input" is ON

Please see attached image for these details.

and

"Enable input for control messages" is OFF
Yes, that is what I meant. Please see the installation notes in the manual. All MIDI communication is handled via DrivenByMoss.
Old 04-11-2024, 01:58 AM   #3323
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
Hi Jorgen,

My default template contains no plugins, and without DBM performance meter this:

CPU : 1.4%
RT CPU: 1.3%
RAM use: 399 MB
System use 13000MB/16384MB

When I activate DBM on that default empty template with Push 2 performance meter:

CPU: 4.2%
RT CPU: 1.3%
Ram Use: 1270MB
System use 14103MB/16384MB
Numbers are lower on my system bit looks fine to me. The Java VM instance takes a bit of resources (it is basically a 2nd software you are running in parallel).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
When I start adding plugins, Reaper becomes slower and sluggy. CPU loads too much depending on plugin in focus. Some plugins makes reaper freeze 10 seconds or more. I have this issue since the begining of push2 support. I'm downloading new versions and checking this forum to find an answer.Still no luck. My push2 works perfectly with Ableton Live 12. Now I want to ask if there is a solution for this. Otherwise I want to sell this unit since I started to import my Ableton Live sessions to Reaper/Playtime 2.
Didn't get such a report since I removed the track chunk reading. Are you running the latest version of DrivenByMoss?
Old 04-11-2024, 06:16 AM   #3324
moss

DrivenByMoss 23.2.1 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Reaper 6.71+
  • Fixed: Generate a marker name if none is set.
  • AutoColor
    • Fixed: Delayed the color change a bit to allow Undo to work.
  • HUI
    • Fixed: The right VU meter was not working
  • Native Instruments Kontrol
    • New: Mute/solo states are switched off in Parameter and Send Mode to prevent that the graphics get darkened in the display. Mute/solo buttons can still be used but state will not be visible in these modes.
    • Fixed: Added missing Poly-Aftertouch (available in 88-key model).

Enjoy!
Old 04-11-2024, 04:05 PM   #3325
ldhall1856

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
No, that's not the concept of DrivenByMoss. However, there are alreqady many many configuration options in my MCU version. Furthermore, the configurability of the touch display of the V1-M allows basically to address any command you like. So, what are you missing?
Could you help me understand the modes your referring too?

Quote:
That should be possible with the specific encoder mode from iCON. However, I found it a bit fast. Watch my video about the V1-M if you do not know what I mean.

No, not possible.

No, that is not possible. But there is an option to put all FX tracks on the last extender.
Also, forget everything else i asked! I watched videos and figured out almost everything else. There is just one thing...

again, this is a custom command i know that could be written for my situation if i knew where the script was. and i know you can make the software for one person. But if you could point me in the right direction to do so i'd be glad to do it.

We only use MCP view. when we page left to right, we need the very left fader to be selected every time a page left or right. We tried to use select channel on fader touch, but in a live situation it froze the screen because the amount of faders being touched at one time.

Again, Thank you for your quick response!

Last edited by ldhall1856; 04-11-2024 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Providing more info
ldhall1856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 06:32 PM   #3326
mehmethan

Quote:
Didn't get such a report since I removed the track chunk reading. Are you running the latest version of DrivenByMoss?
Yes I do. I will try to make a list of plugins that makes cpu jump and make licecap.
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 01:48 AM   #3327
Pieter

Hello Jürgen,

I am a very satisfied user of an Icon ProX and 2 extenders with Reaper and DrivenbyMoss4Reaper.
Since update 22.0.0 there is the possibility to configure the function keys F1 to F8 instead of F1 to F5.
I am very happy with that, but I would like to have the option to configure it in Layer 2 / F1 to F8 as well. Is that easy to achieve?

Thanks,
Pieter
Pieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 02:49 AM   #3328
moss

Quote:
Could you help me understand the modes your referring too?
Not, sure what you are referring to.

Quote:
Also, forget everything else i asked! I watched videos and figured out almost everything else. There is just one thing...

again, this is a custom command i know that could be written for my situation if i knew where the script was. and i know you can make the software for one person. But if you could point me in the right direction to do so i'd be glad to do it.

We only use MCP view. when we page left to right, we need the very left fader to be selected every time a page left or right. We tried to use select channel on fader touch, but in a live situation it froze the screen because the amount of faders being touched at one time.
I am afraid only I could change this. But it is something I will note.

Do you mean Reaper freezes when you touch multiple faders?
Old 04-12-2024, 02:50 AM   #3329
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
Hello Jürgen,

I am a very satisfied user of an Icon ProX and 2 extenders with Reaper and DrivenbyMoss4Reaper.
Since update 22.0.0 there is the possibility to configure the function keys F1 to F8 instead of F1 to F5.
I am very happy with that, but I would like to have the option to configure it in Layer 2 / F1 to F8 as well. Is that easy to achieve?

Thanks,
Pieter
You mean in combination with Shift? I was planning to do this but it blows up the configuration list quite a lot. Not sure.
Old 04-12-2024, 05:33 AM   #3330
Pieter

Quote:
You mean in combination with Shift? I was planning to do this but it blows up the configuration list quite a lot. Not sure.
I meant with the Layer 2 button, (left along the F1-F8 buttons) but with the shift button is also fine. That would be great if possible.
Pieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 04:02 AM   #3331
spicytripe

Is there a way for Flexi to assign a jogwheel to an encoder? I was able to assign play cursor to an encoder and it's working but since it's a play cursor, I can't scroll it further than the furthest item in the session. Also it moves in 1 bar at a time as opposed to an actual jogwheel that adapts to the grid size and can move in smaller increments. I'm using a small yaeltex controller.
spicytripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:02 AM   #3332
Campino

Default X-Touch Fader Automation Read

Hello Moss,

Firstly, I want to express my gratitude for the excellent work you're doing here. Your contributions are making a lot of people happy, including myself

Thanks to your guidance, I've successfully set up my X-Touch with Reaper in just about 5 minutes - it's been fantastic! Currently, I'm working on an overlay that I'd be happy to share here once it's complete, in case anyone else is interested.

I do have a couple of questions I hope you can help with:

1. Regarding automation and fader noise, I've tried using the MackieFaderFixer workaround, which does reduce the noise. However, I've noticed that when the automation ends, the fader stops at different positions. Do you think there's a possibility of addressing this noise issue in a future release? Previously, with my Radikal Sac 2.2 in MCU mode, the noise was hardly noticeable. From my perspective, this improvement would make the setup perfect.

2. I'm curious about the "invert upper/lower half" options mentioned in the MIDI implementation document from Behringer. Could you clarify what these options entail? For instance, does it involve inverting the light and dark areas on the LCD screen? If so, could this option potentially improve viewing angles?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg workspace2.jpg (114.3 KB, 16 views)
Campino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 03:51 PM   #3333
Ryan Snider

Default Fader Track Select auto framing

Hi Jürgen.
Quick question. In Reaper, when using DBM with Touch Fader Selecting Track enabled, the mixer screen adjusts to automatically frame up the selected track as the first track visible in the window. Is this a Reaper behaviour, or a Driven by Moss behaviour?

I can't find a way to disable that in Reaper, so I guess that it's part of DBM, though I could be wrong. If there could be a config option to disable that auto-scroll while still keeping the Touch Fader Select on that would be helpful.

If you select more than 1 fader at a time, they get cropped out of view and you can't see the adjustment on screen (when there are enough tracks to require a horizontal scroll bar on the mixer).

This can kind of be avoided if you purposefully make sure to select the leftmost fader last when adjusting many faders at once... but that's not intuitive and pulls you out of the zone while mixing.

Cheers
Ryan
Ryan Snider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 12:52 AM   #3334
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytripe View Post
Is there a way for Flexi to assign a jogwheel to an encoder? I was able to assign play cursor to an encoder and it's working but since it's a play cursor, I can't scroll it further than the furthest item in the session. Also it moves in 1 bar at a time as opposed to an actual jogwheel that adapts to the grid size and can move in smaller increments. I'm using a small yaeltex controller.
You can move in smaller increments when using the Shift button in combination.
Didn't find a way yet to implement adaptive scrolling, if someone know how to do it please tell me.
Old 04-14-2024, 01:01 AM   #3335
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campino View Post
Hello Moss,

Firstly, I want to express my gratitude for the excellent work you're doing here. Your contributions are making a lot of people happy, including myself

Thanks to your guidance, I've successfully set up my X-Touch with Reaper in just about 5 minutes - it's been fantastic! Currently, I'm working on an overlay that I'd be happy to share here once it's complete, in case anyone else is interested.

I do have a couple of questions I hope you can help with:

1. Regarding automation and fader noise, I've tried using the MackieFaderFixer workaround, which does reduce the noise. However, I've noticed that when the automation ends, the fader stops at different positions. Do you think there's a possibility of addressing this noise issue in a future release? Previously, with my Radikal Sac 2.2 in MCU mode, the noise was hardly noticeable. From my perspective, this improvement would make the setup perfect.
No idea how the noise could be reduced by software since this is a hardware issue. Couldn't find any info about MackieFaderFixer. What does it do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campino View Post
2. I'm curious about the "invert upper/lower half" options mentioned in the MIDI implementation document from Behringer. Could you clarify what these options entail? For instance, does it involve inverting the light and dark areas on the LCD screen? If so, could this option potentially improve viewing angles?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
The feature flips the foreground with the background color. Didn't find any use for it so far (inversion didn't look good).
Old 04-14-2024, 01:05 AM   #3336
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Snider View Post
Hi Jürgen.
Quick question. In Reaper, when using DBM with Touch Fader Selecting Track enabled, the mixer screen adjusts to automatically frame up the selected track as the first track visible in the window. Is this a Reaper behaviour, or a Driven by Moss behaviour?

I can't find a way to disable that in Reaper, so I guess that it's part of DBM, though I could be wrong. If there could be a config option to disable that auto-scroll while still keeping the Touch Fader Select on that would be helpful.

If you select more than 1 fader at a time, they get cropped out of view and you can't see the adjustment on screen (when there are enough tracks to require a horizontal scroll bar on the mixer).

This can kind of be avoided if you purposefully make sure to select the leftmost fader last when adjusting many faders at once... but that's not intuitive and pulls you out of the zone while mixing.

Cheers
Ryan
I hear you but this is very tricky since all the different selections happen asynchronously. Don't think that I will have time to deal with is, if it can be fixed at all.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:22 AM   #3337
spicytripe

Oh cool thanks but it's not working. Does shift work with the Jogwheel function? Because the I have Transport: Move Play Cursor selected. I could not find jogwheel anywhere.

Also, is there a way to unselect Selected Mode under Options? I was trying to assign the jogwheel function and mistakenly selected Track and assigned 992 (which is jogwheel per the action menu) to Action 1 and now I cannot clear this out. I tried removing the controller. Deleting the configuration file associated with this Flexi controller.

thank you so much !!

Quote:
You can move in smaller increments when using the Shift button in combination.
Didn't find a way yet to implement adaptive scrolling, if someone know how to do it please tell me.
spicytripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 02:17 PM   #3338
Ryan Snider

Quote:
I hear you but this is very tricky since all the different selections happen asynchronously. Don't think that I will have time to deal with is, if it can be fixed at all.
Thanks for the response.

Just for clarification, what I'm hoping for would be to disable the scroll to select portions entirely. This way the fader touch could still select the corresponding fader in the software, but the on-screen view would just stay as is.
Ryan Snider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 05:04 PM   #3339
beatbox32

Default New Install Error

Hello,

I was having all sorts of problems with ReaKontrol and decided to uninstall and give DrivenByMoss a try. I'm getting the following error after installing the plugin and starting Reaper:

"The procedure entry point JVM_GetLastErrorString could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\RedHat\java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.372-1\jre\bin\zip.dll."

I'm not sure how to resolve this! I couldn't find any reference to this in the forum or docs. Thank you for your assistance.

-Phillip
beatbox32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:27 AM   #3340
moss

Quote:
Oh cool thanks but it's not working. Does shift work with the Jogwheel function? Because the I have Transport: Move Play Cursor selected. I could not find jogwheel anywhere.
You need to assign the function "Global: Shift Button" to a button.

Quote:
Also, is there a way to unselect Selected Mode under Options? I was trying to assign the jogwheel function and mistakenly selected Track and assigned 992 (which is jogwheel per the action menu) to Action 1 and now I cannot clear this out. I tried removing the controller. Deleting the configuration file associated with this Flexi controller.
The textfield is editable and you can simply remove the number.
Old Yesterday, 05:29 AM   #3341
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatbox32 View Post
Hello,

I was having all sorts of problems with ReaKontrol and decided to uninstall and give DrivenByMoss a try. I'm getting the following error after installing the plugin and starting Reaper:

"The procedure entry point JVM_GetLastErrorString could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\RedHat\java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.372-1\jre\bin\zip.dll."

I'm not sure how to resolve this! I couldn't find any reference to this in the forum or docs. Thank you for your assistance.

-Phillip
It seems to strangely pick up a different Java-VM. But it should actually use the one provded with DrivenByMoss located in the "java-runtime" sub-folder. Please check if this folder (incl. content) is present on your system (in the UserPlugins folder).
Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM   #3342
Campino

Default X-Touch Fader Automation Read

Thank you for replying!

Quote:
No idea how the noise could be reduced by software since this is a hardware issue. Couldn't find any info about MackieFaderFixer. What does it do?
I believe this is better explained here: https://community.musictribe.com/dis...ume-automation

Quote:
The feature flips the foreground with the background color. Didn't find any use for it so far (inversion didn't look good).
OK, thank you for sharing!

Thanks again!
Campino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM   #3343
beatbox32

Quote:
It seems to strangely pick up a different Java-VM. But it should actually use the one provded with DrivenByMoss located in the "java-runtime" sub-folder. Please check if this folder (incl. content) is present on your system (in the UserPlugins folder).
Thank you, I've confirmed it's there. I noticed that the following are in my PATH variable (probably due to other software that needs it):

C:\Program files\RedHat\java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.372-1\bin
C:\Program files\RedHat\java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.372-1\jre\bin

Do you think that could be affecting things?

Thanks for the reply!
-Phillip
beatbox32 is offline   Reply With Quote