Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 11-05-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
Mikobuntu
Human being with feelings

Default Finally decided to purchase Reaper.

Hi guys I'm relatively new to using the Reaper tho not new to using a DAW on Linux.

I probably should actually try and master 1 DAWs workflow, but I'm a gluten for punishment.

I currently have a license for Waveform, Renoise, Mixbus, Bitwig, Fl_Studio ( Running in w.i.n.e ) and use others like LMMS, Ardour. I also probably own every DAW which can run on an Android device.

I'm looking forward to see my results using Reaper, from what I can see it is a really powerful, customizable program.

From lurking here on the forums it seems I might try and use ALSA directly and hack some config files to get a good low latency.

I have been making music on Linux for around 12 years and am quite familiar with realtime settings etc, but always looking for new ways to tinker.

Anyway I thought I'd just introduce myself and I'm sure I will be on here plenty asking for help and hopefully passing some of my knowledge on to others. Thanks
Mikobuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:46 AM   #2
Glennbo

Welcome to the group. Many of us are still fairly new to Linux, so any shared knowledge is always appreciated. I'm only two years into using REAPER in Linux, but have used REAPER exclusively as my DAW for eleven years.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
Mikobuntu

Thanks Glennbo. Any questions you have feel free to ask me.
Wow that's a great sign of how good Reaper is when you have used it exclusively for so long.
What genre do you usually create or do you master for a band etc?
Mikobuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 02:50 PM   #4
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikobuntu View Post
Thanks Glennbo. Any questions you have feel free to ask me.
Thanks!

Quote:
Wow that's a great sign of how good Reaper is when you have used it exclusively for so long.
What genre do you usually create or do you master for a band etc?
I switched from Cakewalk Sonar to REAPER back in 2009 and never looked back. I had a Sonar crash that cost me an hour of work, so I tried REAPER and here I am today.

All my projects are done for my own entertainment, but I put them all up at the link in my sig so others can listen. I consider myself a drummer first, and a composer second with some bass, guitar, and keys mixed in there somewhere. I write all the music and perform it all myself on multiple instruments, but have a couple friends who record solos on my compositions now and then.

On most projects I use real acoustic drums, real guitars, and real bass for the core rhythm section, but then I might add a lot of horns, strings, and sampled keyboard instruments to that.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote