COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 12-24-2014, 02:42 AM   #1
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Default Ninjam Rules!

thanks cockos and folks jamming on the net! great first experience.

but this shit seriously needs an update. can't sync to reaper's tempo? wtf. but somehow it just works without a click anyways.

compressed multitrack recording is tits!!
Old 12-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
pljones

Of course you can't sync everyone else in the world to yourself. That would be pretty selfish, now, wouldn't it?

(The other way around - slaving the VST Host to the VST Plugin - isn't possible due to the VST protocol. At least prior to VST 3 -- I don't know if VST 3 makes a difference but no matter, no one really uses VST 3, so it's irrelevant.)

And you reckon everyone else in the world's internet is fast enough to transmit multichannel lossless audio to you concurrently? Really..?

Last edited by pljones; 12-24-2014 at 11:09 AM.
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljones View Post
And you reckon everyone else in the world's internet is fast enough to transmit multichannel lossless audio to you concurrently? Really..?
if ninjam is running in reaper, i dont see why it couldnt simply start counting on the beat. i can do it manually by hitting play, but why isnt it automatic? no i dont expect realtime jams over the net. i expect ninjam to count in time with reaper. dont see how thats unreasonable, mr sass.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
pljones

It's unreasonable if you have your Reaper BPI and BPM different from your NINJAM BPI and BPM for a start. You can't expect everyone else to slave to your Reaper session, which is what you're asking if you expect your Reaper settings to control NINJAM. However, as I say, most of the problem is neither Reaper nor NINJAM but the VST 2.x protocol between the two.
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote