Old 01-29-2020, 07:31 PM   #1
Dberman
Human being with feelings

Default X-Touch One and CSI

I have an X-Touch One that works fine in MCU Reaper mode, but the functions appear to be hardcoded, and I can't figure out how to customize the features.

I'm pretty sure I can make the XTO do everything I want in MCU USer mode with CSI. I watched the videos and read Malcolm Groves' excellent information on installing and configuring CSI, but CSI doesn't show up in my list of control surfaces in Control/OSC/Web. Am I missing something?

One other problem, I've changed the operating mode on the XTO several times, and now I'm getting an error opening the MIDI device when I open Reaper. I installed the Visual C++ runtime Malcolm suggested.

Any and all help will be hugely appreciated.

Windows 10
Reaper 6.03/64
Behringer X-Touch One
Dberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:20 PM   #2
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dberman View Post
I have an X-Touch One that works fine in MCU Reaper mode, but the functions appear to be hardcoded, and I can't figure out how to customize the features.

I'm pretty sure I can make the XTO do everything I want in MCU USer mode with CSI. I watched the videos and read Malcolm Groves' excellent information on installing and configuring CSI, but CSI doesn't show up in my list of control surfaces in Control/OSC/Web. Am I missing something?

One other problem, I've changed the operating mode on the XTO several times, and now I'm getting an error opening the MIDI device when I open Reaper. I installed the Visual C++ runtime Malcolm suggested.

Windows 10
Reaper 6.03/64
Behringer X-Touch One
If CSI isn't showing up after correctly installing it, that probably means the required runtime isn't installed. I don't know exactly which one it is, but this came up recently over the last few weeks. Check the CSI documentation or search the CSI thread.

If you need more details, or help getting up and running, I suggest checking out the dedicated CSI thread.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:35 AM   #3
WaveTrans

Quote:

Windows 10
Reaper 6.03/64
Behringer X-Touch One
You find the details concerning the redistributable issue under the following Post in the CSI Thread

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=5923

I daresay Malcolms page may be a bit outdated synthax wise, although I havenīt checked it for a while; anyway, development was pretty fast in the last couple of weeks.

With the X-touch one in MCU mode the regular MCU.mst and MCU.zon should work as a beginning.

Last edited by WaveTrans; 01-30-2020 at 05:44 AM.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:32 AM   #4
Dberman

Default Runtime installed, still no CSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
You find the details concerning the redistributable issue under the following Post in the CSI Thread

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=5923

I daresay Malcolms page may be a bit outdated synthax wise, although I havenīt checked it for a while; anyway, development was pretty fast in the last couple of weeks.

With the X-touch one in MCU mode the regular MCU.mst and MCU.zon should work as a beginning.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I already had the x64 runtime installed. I ran a repair and restart, but I get the same results - CSI isn't in the Control Surfaces dropdown.

I though about uninstalling and reinstalling Reaper, just to clean out any garbage in my installation. I don't know if that would make a difference.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:29 AM   #5
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I already had the x64 runtime installed. I ran a repair and restart, but I get the same results - CSI isn't in the Control Surfaces dropdown.

I though about uninstalling and reinstalling Reaper, just to clean out any garbage in my installation. I don't know if that would make a difference.
Before you go mucking about with the installation, please answer a few questions:

1. What's your Reaper install path? Portable or full install?
2. What folder, specifically (complete file path please), did you install the CSI .dll into?
3. What folder, specifically, did you install the CSI sub-folder to?

If you have the runtime, I think it's likely something wasn't installed in the right place?
Old 01-30-2020, 10:40 AM   #6
WaveTrans

Quote:

Shure you installed VS2019 v142? Not good if that did not work. Worked for me, but believe me, took a while and efforts to find out. Well, Geoff found out in the end.

Uninstalling and reintalling and standard vs portable install, I did all that and it did not help.

In whatever way you installed Reaper, use the action: show reaper ressource path... This will open the correct Folder in Explorer; put the complete CSI folder in there. Add the .dll to the plugin folder and restart everything.

This should do it if the re-distributable is installed (on Win10)

The last CSI build that worked without the re-distributable update was the one from 16.12.2019 (20191216) You can find it in the Thread sometime before the post I linked. If it works with that build, itīs most likely the re-distributable issue.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:00 PM   #7
Dberman

Default X-Touch One and CSI - Update

Thank you everyone! First to answer Funkybot's questions:
1. What's your Reaper install path?
C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)
Portable or full install?
full install
2. What folder, specifically (complete file path please), did you install the CSI .dll into?
C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\Plugins
C:\Users\<<User>>\AppData\Roaming\REAPER

I reinstalled Reaper, and whether it made a difference or not, I can map the control surfact to CSI. I still have some really strange behavior, like it only works mapped to Track Control not Mixer Control, and the Surface keeps disappearing from my CSI configuration.

I'm getting closer and closer to figuring this out, but I'm still not sure I can do what I want. The rotary encoder on the XTO does not appear to be mappable, and if that's the case, it's a showstopper.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:13 PM   #8
Funkybot

Quote:
full install

I reinstalled Reaper, and whether it made a difference or not, I can map the control surfact to CSI. I still have some really strange behavior, like it only works mapped to Track Control not Mixer Control, and the Surface keeps disappearing from my CSI configuration.

I'm getting closer and closer to figuring this out, but I'm still not sure I can do what I want. The rotary encoder on the XTO does not appear to be mappable, and if that's the case, it's a showstopper.
It sounds like you're on the right track. I'd suggest heading over to the main CSI thread for help with any surface-related issues. I'm sure CSI will meet your needs, it's just a matter of getting the .mst and .zon files setup for what you're looking to do.

Does that rotary encoder transmit any kind of MIDI messages in MCU mode? If so, it should be mappable in CSI even if it's not currently configured in the .mst file you're using. I'm sure we can help with that and some of the other issues.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:37 AM   #9
WaveTrans

Quote:
full install

Glad to hear some things work.
There is a workaround for the Jogwheel. You can find it in the IconNano .zon file.
Itīs called JogWheelHack

Like FUnkybot suggests, would be easier to post your questions regarding .zon files in the CSI thread.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:36 PM   #10
Dberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Glad to hear some things work.
There is a workaround for the Jogwheel. You can find it in the IconNano .zon file.
Itīs called JogWheelHack

Like FUnkybot suggests, would be easier to post your questions regarding .zon files in the CSI thread.
Thank you WaveTrans and Funkybot!! I really appreciate all the help.