Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 03-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #121
danfuerth
Human being with feelings

You would be surprised what I can do live with only my MSI laptop ( AMD 3 core ) and just my edirol Fa101 interface

I can do a single setup singing karaoke full band ( back tracks) while my guitar goes straight into the Edirol Fa101 and into Reaper running Jamvox 2.01 while the backtracks are playing and a midi track controls the lights and fog ( rented lights with midi control + fog.

I am using the MXL 3000 Condenser mic, but I am switching to an SM58 just due to keeping the MXL more for home recording as I do not want it to get damaged.

It is a very nice condenser for the price it was a steal.
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #122
Caj

Audio is great now , but the AMD 5450 graphiccard is freezing and chops more and more.
What can it be ?
Old 03-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #123
Caj

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfuerth View Post
Could you reinstall the Graphics drivers for that card and choose full options on the driver install?

Curious as to why that graphics card is acting up....
When I set the same Hz (75) on both screens the flickering line dissapeared .
About the problem with the freezing Play cursor : it is much better since I set the Play cursor width to 1 pixels instead of 4 .
Old 03-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #124
mike373

GET A MAC!! PROBLEM SOLVED. You wont have to deal with ANY of this crap. I used to be a dedicated PC guy too, until I got sick of wasting days and days fucking with bios settings, windows registry, etc etc.

Mike
mike373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #125
danfuerth

Is that why Apple decided to pull out of desktops after the switch intel? what can not compete with the same off shelf hardware?

If you want a mac, build a hackintosh, we have all the kexts for hardware for almost every piece of hardware out there that we will ever need.

Apple is not needed anymore since OS X can be installed on most PC's without any issues, why the hell would you pay Apple top dollar for?

Stupid.
I am running Lion on my AMD FX8 for christs sake so WTF is your point about getting a Mac for?

THERE IS NO MAC OR PC!!! it is only a computer . The only difference now is the OS as many of us are running OS X on AMD's or Intel PC's without giving a shit what Apple thinks.

Do you not realize that OS X ( FreeBSD) supports AMD's INTEL's and other Processors?

Apple is licencing FreeBSD, they do not even own OS X fully!!! in fact Apple has to release the kernels for free!! since they using a Open source licence that is how the AMD kernel patches were added to Lion for AMD install's.

Last edited by danfuerth; 03-30-2013 at 01:21 PM.
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:47 AM   #126
Caj

Dan , I wonder wich maintenance program you suggest ? (or does a DAW PC really need one ? )
I have tried C cleaner , Wisecare 365 and Tune up .