Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 07-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #1
DANIELE
Human being with feelings

Default Is there a way to do a sort of humanize for envelopes?

Hi all, as I ask in the title is there a way to do a sort of humanize for envelopes? Maybe with the future automation items...

Usually I record envelopes for group of instruments to have a quick idea on how the group sound together.

I compose divisi so 4 Horns are 4 tracks.

Since I often have little time I would like to be able to differentiate the various automations slightly to emulate single players differences without registering them one by one.

I know registering them one by one is the best way and I promise I'll do when I can but if there was some function to achieve this I would be really happy.

Thank you.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:00 PM   #2
foxAsteria

I'd suggest modulating any parameters you want to "humanize" with slow, shallow LFO's or envelope followers using Reaper's Parameter modulation/MIDI link feature.

Works like this: move the parameter you want to modulate in the plugin, click "param" at the top of the plugin window and then parameter modulation. You can then use that dialogue to apply modulations to the last touched parameter. It can also allow you to link the modulations of multiple parameters, so they are all affected in the same way.

Alternatively, if you want to work directly with envelopes, you can try SWS/Padre LFO generator.

This techniques is also great for making synths sound more interesting and "organic."
Old 07-27-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
is there a way to do a sort of humanize for envelopes?
Hullo-you could try this script-works a charm ==x-raym randomize selected envelope points value.lua
You could also just draw endless variety across the timeline/copy//paste grab<>move shrink<>expand whatever u like todo.
The timeline is an illusion much like time itself-so have no fear of it=) use it to good use=) ,or not.
Lots of stuff can be placed well away from your actual project bounds. as a toolset of such.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:46 PM   #4
DANIELE

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
I'd suggest modulating any parameters you want to "humanize" with slow, shallow LFO's or envelope followers using Reaper's Parameter modulation/MIDI link feature.

Works like this: move the parameter you want to modulate in the plugin, click "param" at the top of the plugin window and then parameter modulation. You can then use that dialogue to apply modulations to the last touched parameter. It can also allow you to link the modulations of multiple parameters, so they are all affected in the same way.

Alternatively, if you want to work directly with envelopes, you can try SWS/Padre LFO generator.

This techniques is also great for making synths sound more interesting and "organic."
Thank you for your answer.

I was thinking of using a lfo but doing so I would add a kind of vibration to the existing envelopes, right?
My idea was to move forward or backwards the attacks or intensity (slightly) like a couple of X,Y coordinates to give a sense of light desynchronization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
Hullo-you could try this script-works a charm ==x-raym randomize selected envelope points value.lua
You could also just draw endless variety across the timeline/copy//paste grab<>move shrink<>expand whatever u like todo.
The timeline is an illusion much like time itself-so have no fear of it=) use it to good use=) ,or not.
Lots of stuff can be placed well away from your actual project bounds. as a toolset of such.
Thank you too.

Where can I find this script? I have to download from the site or can I find it in the repository addon?

Do I have to select the points to perform actions on them?
Old 07-28-2017, 06:07 AM   #5
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Where can I find this script? I have to download from the site or can I find it in the repository addon?

Do I have to select the points to perform actions on them?
Haeya- ok so yeah I think that 1 might be a reapack script- so try that.There may be another.
The title of script kinda tells what it does,or not,about selections... =)
HFGL.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:33 AM   #6
Megagoth1702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
Hullo-you could try this script-works a charm ==x-raym randomize selected envelope points value.lua[...]
Amazing tip, thank you! Unfortunately I am getting errors, I guess I am missing some packages? Any idea where I could get them?

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2017, 05:54 AM   #7
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
I guess I am missing some packages? Any idea where I could get them?

Thanks!
Npz.. Hmm,are you updating reapack? x-raym may help.