Old 02-15-2020, 04:54 PM   #1
Yanick
Human being with feelings
 
Yanick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 237
Default v6.03+dev0215 - February 15 2020

v6.03+dev0215 - February 15 2020
  • + Batch converter: support embedding metadata
  • + MP3: support embedding ISRC in ID3 tag
  • + Project: support saving author in project settings/notes dialog
  • + Render/Batch convert: support embedding ID3 tags in wav and aif files
  • + Wildcards: add $author wildcard for recording, rendering, file conversion
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
__________________
My scripts for rendering
Yanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:39 PM   #2
deeb
Human being with feelings
 
deeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,836
Default

please consider $projectparentfolder
for use cases like:

> Artist or Project Name #1
>> Tune #1
>> Tune #2
> Artist or Project Name #2
>> Tune #1
>> Tune #2
deeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:28 AM   #3
Mordi
Human being with feelings
 
Mordi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 766
Default

Really cool to see these metadata additions!

@deeb: Indeed. Hereís the FR thread.
__________________
Mordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:47 AM   #4
mlprod
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 840
Default

This seems to work quite well!
I noticed that umlauts (ŚšŲ etc) are not translated properly outside of reaper, meaning that the show up correctly in reaper media properties, but not in places such as mp3tag and DDP apps.

When it comes to ISRC codes I think some sort fo wildcard is needed to have them take this data from markers. In the script from X-raym I had him take it from markers containing the string ISRC=XXXXXXXXXXXX. And ISRC= of course being how reaper does ISRCs in the DDP markers.
__________________
Magnus Lindberg Productions - VRTKL Audio - Redmount Studios
magnuslindberg.com
mlprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:19 AM   #5
heda
Human being with feelings
 
heda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 5,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlprod View Post

When it comes to ISRC codes I think some sort fo wildcard is needed to have them take this data from markers. In the script from X-raym I had him take it from markers containing the string ISRC=XXXXXXXXXXXX. And ISRC= of course being how reaper does ISRCs in the DDP markers.
or better to be able to add metadata fields elements to media items from the item properties window and to regions on the edit region window. Then this data could be used when rendering items or regions.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:25 AM   #6
Gass n Klang
Human being with feelings
 
Gass n Klang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Detmold - Germany
Posts: 661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
or better to be able to add metadata fields elements to media items from the item properties window and to regions on the edit region window. Then this data could be used when rendering items or regions.
yes, please do it that way! rendering regions is quite handy when exporting single tracks of an album.
__________________
https://gassnklang.de
Gass n Klang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:40 AM   #7
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 8,405
Default

Great additions. Thanks devs
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:44 PM   #8
ThomasE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 46
Default

This metadata development is amazing!

Some thoughts about metadata and mastering:

When mastering and exporting individual files for an album, there are lots of metadata to put in the right places.

Consider an album with an Album artist and Album title. These will be common for all exported files. Then each track/song usually has a Title, Artist (often but not always the same as album artist), and ISRC, as well as Year, Genre, Comment etc if these are used. Using for example a global project variable such as $author to pass the Artist name, as in the examples, would be quite limiting.

All commonly used metadata can currently be passed to the DDP export via marker names using the "#TITLE=...|ISRC=...|etc" format for tracks, and "@TITLE=...|etc" for the album.

If this method could somehow be used to pass wildcards to the Render/Metadata embedding as well, then I'd be happy. Or even better if there are more elegant solutions, like heda's suggestion about additional metadata fields for items and regions.

Also hoping for ISRC embedding via the aXML chunk. This is the standard that's being used: https://tech.ebu.ch/docs/tech/tech3285s5.pdf

These features would hopefully make it possible to create all common deliverables for a mastering project from within Reaper, without relying on scripts and external programs. That would be something!
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:51 PM   #9
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 8,405
Default

What do you call the metadata that has the thumbnail picture of the album? That would be nice too.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:53 PM   #10
WyattRice
Human being with feelings
 
WyattRice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE View Post
This metadata development is amazing!

Some thoughts about metadata and mastering:

When mastering and exporting individual files for an album, there are lots of metadata to put in the right places.

Consider an album with an Album artist and Album title. These will be common for all exported files. Then each track/song usually has a Title, Artist (often but not always the same as album artist), and ISRC, as well as Year, Genre, Comment etc if these are used. Using for example a global project variable such as $author to pass the Artist name, as in the examples, would be quite limiting.

All commonly used metadata can currently be passed to the DDP export via marker names using the "#TITLE=...|ISRC=...|etc" format for tracks, and "@TITLE=...|etc" for the album.

If this method could somehow be used to pass wildcards to the Render/Metadata embedding as well, then I'd be happy. Or even better if there are more elegant solutions, like heda's suggestion about additional metadata fields for items and regions.

Also hoping for ISRC embedding via the aXML chunk. This is the standard that's being used: https://tech.ebu.ch/docs/tech/tech3285s5.pdf

These features would hopefully make it possible to create all common deliverables for a mastering project from within Reaper, without relying on scripts and external programs. That would be something!
Yes, Please!
WyattRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:58 AM   #11
nofish
Human being with feelings
 
nofish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: home is where the heart is
Posts: 9,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanick View Post
+ Render/Batch convert: support embedding ID3 tags in wav and aif files
I embedded ID3 title/album tags in a rendered wav from within Reaper and tried in foobar2000 and AIMP but both don't display the set tags (ID3 tags embedded in mp3 displayed fine).
If it helps, this is what foobar2000 writes (at the end of the file) when setting the tags from within it:


Last edited by nofish; 02-18-2020 at 10:04 AM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:08 PM   #12
schwa
Administrator
 
schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 10,930
Default

Thanks, thatís helpful. We had actually already disabled ID3 embedding in .wav files for the next build because there is some ambiguity in how to do it, and itís not clear how widespread support for reading the tags is.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:45 PM   #13
WyattRice
Human being with feelings
 
WyattRice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,983
Default

Maybe it would be better to do the wav embedded stuff via aXML?

https://tech.ebu.ch/docs/tech/tech3285s5.pdf

https://www.masteringmastering.co.uk...wav-files.html

Justin P, or user MRMJP has a good insight on wav, and mastering stuff in post 1 of this thread.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...11&postcount=1

Last edited by WyattRice; 02-18-2020 at 07:00 PM.
WyattRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:53 PM   #14
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 8,405
Default

Did the dual rendering get pulled?
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:30 AM   #15
EvilDragon
Human being with feelings
 
EvilDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 24,216
Default

From RC yes. Expect it in next dev build. You know, feature refinement etc.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.