Old 05-21-2023, 01:04 PM   #1
jkooks
Human being with feelings

Default Lokasenna_GUI Tree Class

Not sure how many people use Lokasenna_GUI anymore now that ImGui is a thing, but I recently made a "Tree" class for it. It effectively looks like a Listbox with the addition of a hierarchy/structure, allowing you to show/hide parent items by expanding or collapsing them. It has been tested on both Mac and Windows and seems to work, and it was developed for Lokasenna_GUI v2 (not sure how well it will work in v3).

This new file has three different elements in it:
1) Tree - the main UI element window
2) TreeItem - What each row/item in the Tree element consists of
3) Header - optional element that is added above the tree to explain what the tree is displaying (think of a caption, but some added functionality)

You can read about all of these classes, as well as the functions and variables you can utilize, at the GitHub here: https://github.com/jkooks/Lokasenna_GUI-Tree/tree/main

Feel free to take a look at the install instructions there, but all you need to do is copy the "Class - Tree.lua" file and paste it in the "Classes" folder with all of the other Lokasenna_GUI classes. You can also take a look or use the example scripts (in the "Examples" folder) to see a demo or two on how I was making trees.

Not sure how much I will add or update this stuff, but feel free to let me know if there are any bugs and I can try to fix them. Otherwise, you are welcome to submit a pull request with any new functionality or fixes that you want to take a stab at!
jkooks is offline   Reply With Quote